Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch

DABEARSDABOMB

The market is down for real estate this coming year. 2 of the too "Houses" on the market are thriving in a bad market (Wentz and Lynch didn't play top competition).

This to me just isn't the year to draft a QB in the first round. I liked Lynch a lot at one point but not as a first rounder. Wentz is projected so high because the QB draft class blows.

(Your quote got messed up due to my tablet being on the fritz)

Haha. I saw that. Looks like I had a stroke at the end of my writing.

Anyhow I'd agree with you on the fact that most of the guys in this upcoming QB class aren't probably worthy of a 1st round pick. I still think it should be somewhere in the defense. But I do think "we" need to start looking for the next QB for our team. Probably and hopefully not (*knocking on wood*) this next season but very soon thereafter.

Haha. I saw that. Looks like I had a stroke at the end of my writing.

Anyhow I'd agree with you on the fact that most of the guys in this upcoming QB class aren't probably worthy of a 1st round pick. I still think it should be somewhere in the defense. But I do think "we" need to start looking for the next QB for our team. Probably and hopefully not (*knocking on wood*) this next season but very soon thereafter.

Brady was drafted in the 6th.......... 1st = BPA

I do agree the Bears need to start looking for the QB of the future

Normal people try to sell or rid themselves of it. Not spend more on ridiculous premiums hoping the disaster will bypass them. You shoulda never bought the house in the first place and spent all that money. With all those potential flaws, you shoulda gotten a newer, younger and better house in a different location.

I appreciate the analogy rebuttal. Funny.

But in this analogy, selling is not a real option since there the team is already upside down on the mortgage and, as already mentioned, there aren't comparable houses available.

Without all the BS:

-No good/comparable FAs

-Too many holes to spend big on a Rookie QB

-Not feasible to simply cut Cutler because of salary implications

I appreciate the analogy rebuttal. Funny.

But in this analogy, selling is not a real option since there the team is already upside down on the mortgage and, as already mentioned, there aren't comparable houses available.

Without all the BS:

-No good/comparable FAs

-To many holes to spend big on a Rookie QB

-Not feasible to simply cut Cutler because of salary implications

And again the planets must be out of whack because I almost completely agree with you.

Just read a stat that said Lynch was 49% on intermediate throws (10-19 yards) which was one of the worst completion percentages in CFB.

That's an ugly stat for a guy being considered as a first round QB.

Speaking of...heard someone on Mike and Mike the other day mention Blaine Gabbert is pretty solid in the short/intermediate game. Don't have stats in front of me and not sure how he is on the 'long ball' but he must have some redeemable quality being a former #1. Anyhow with the unfortunate announcement (for them) of Chip Kelly becoming the new coach in SF and the possibility (or rumor) that Kaepernick could be more fitting to Kelly's style of offense one would think Gabbert could become expendable. SF got him a few years ago for a #6 (which the Bears have an excess of this coming year) and he's on the hook for about $2.2 million next year (chump change). Given his age (26) and the aforementioned #1 status why not take a look? His pre-draft analysis reads similar to Mariotta (mostly that he wasn't accustomed to a pro-style offense) and might need a little time to develop into a starter. Given his stops so far were in Jax and SF (chosen by Harbaugh but played for Tomsula) I might be willing to give him a pass on his past record, or at least take it into consideration. If Gase were still in Chicago I'd really like to see what he could do with him but with the assumption that Loggains is similar in process I'm still at least curious.

And before anyone suggests I'm trying to find the new franchise QB, I'm not. Just that given the relatively poor draft class and our probably not drafting one this year we could entertain a young option on the cheap and let him at least prove himself. If it doesn't work out, no real harm or foul.

We do need someone backing Jay up. Jay hasn't played in entire season since I don't know when...

Speaking of...heard someone on Mike and Mike the other day mention Blaine Gabbert is pretty solid in the short/intermediate game. Don't have stats in front of me and not sure how he is on the 'long ball' but he must have some redeemable quality being a former #1. Anyhow with the unfortunate announcement (for them) of Chip Kelly becoming the new coach in SF and the possibility (or rumor) that Kaepernick could be more fitting to Kelly's style of offense one would think Gabbert could become expendable. SF got him a few years ago for a #6 (which the Bears have an excess of this coming year) and he's on the hook for about $2.2 million next year (chump change). Given his age (26) and the aforementioned #1 status why not take a look? His pre-draft analysis reads similar to Mariotta (mostly that he wasn't accustomed to a pro-style offense) and might need a little time to develop into a starter. Given his stops so far were in Jax and SF (chosen by Harbaugh but played for Tomsula) I might be willing to give him a pass on his past record, or at least take it into consideration. If Gase were still in Chicago I'd really like to see what he could do with him but with the assumption that Loggains is similar in process I'm still at least curious.

And before anyone suggests I'm trying to find the new franchise QB, I'm not. Just that given the relatively poor draft class and our probably not drafting one this year we could entertain a young option on the cheap and let him at least prove himself. If it doesn't work out, no real harm or foul.

Prepare for Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis to go drilling on an asteroid, because something is really out of whack in the universe...we agree AGAIN. I just told a SF friend of mine that it would be best to pair Kelly with Kaepernick, and that made Gabbert expendable in a system into which he doesn't fit.

Can we leave Affleck on the asteroid?

Prepare for Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis to go drilling on an asteroid, because something is really out of whack in the universe...we agree AGAIN. I just told a SF friend of mine that it would be best to pair Kelly with Kaepernick, and that made Gabbert expendable in a system into which he doesn't fit.

Can we leave Affleck on the asteroid?

Yeah even in the movie I wished they could have switched Ben for Bruce on who stayed or went.

Jason: This causes me great discomfort. Think its time we get back to disagreeing.

And for what its worth; I'm heading out to a get-away weekend here in the mountains with a group of people. One of the folks in the group and works with my wife is a huge Packers fan. She told my wife that I could watch the game with her (which they plan on having on) as long as I promised to behave myself. Otherwise I'd have to go outside. All I can say is its a good thing I'll have my alcohol to keep me warm.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Yeah even in the movie I wished they could have switched Ben for Bruce on who stayed or went.

Jason: This causes me great discomfort. Think its time we get back to disagreeing.

And for what its worth; I'm heading out to a get-away weekend here in the mountains with a group of people. One of the folks in the group and works with my wife is a huge Packers fan. She told my wife that I could watch the game with her (which they plan on having on) as long as I promised to behave myself. Otherwise I'd have to go outside. All I can say is its a good thing I'll have my alcohol to keep me warm.

GO CARDINALS!!!

It just shows that there is compromise...like leaving Affleck on the asteroid.

This weekend, in my mind anyway, they are the Chicago Cardinals. GO CARDINALS!!

Bring a parka and a bottle a Lagavulin! F the Pack!

GO CARDINALS!!!