Dwayne Allen off the market

DABEARSDABOMB

Colts sign TE Dawyne Allen to a 4 year deal. There goes one of few TEs on the market. 4 year deal worth 29.4 million. For those wondering how beneficial Marty's value is, there you have it, cause Marty is a lot better than Allen. Fleener still on the market, but pretty much all of the options are potential downgrades (unless we try and buy low on Jimmy Graham)

ProFootballTalk - Wow: Colts keep TE Dwayne Allen, per source. Four-year deal.

6:43pm - 7 Mar 16

Colts sign TE Dawyne Allen to a 4 year deal. There goes one of few TEs on the market. 4 year deal worth 29.4 million. For those wondering how beneficial Marty's value is, there you have it, cause Marty is a lot better than Allen. Fleener still on the market, but pretty much all of the options are potential downgrades (unless we try and buy low on Jimmy Graham)

Holy hell. 4 years for nearly 30 MILLION?! That's ridiculous. They waaaaaaaay overpaid. If the Bears can get something even remotely close to what amounts to a 7M per year player, then they should trade Bennett yesterday. He's not worth that much. That's insane. That's $132K per catch. That's $600K per game! And this is for a guy who is a locker room issue, has iffy hands, was completely outperformed by his substitute, and is questionably related to some Cutler INTs.

Yeah, trade him ASAP. See if we can get a 2nd or 3rd.

This likely means the Colts are moving on from Fleener. I just can't see them paying both players a huge contract but we'll see. If the TE market gets this crazy and we can get a 3rd Rd pick for Bennett then I'm all in.

We will be lucky if we get a 5th rounder, probably be a 6th

I seen the Jimmy Graham for Marty Bennett floating around social media.

I think Ladarious Green is our next TE FA target after Allen. The Bears need all the blocking help they can get

Pace and Graham are connected by NO. How serious is Graham's injury in terms of recovery?

Graham was not used correctly in Sea, total beast in NO. If a full recovery is expected by Graham I say trade Bennett for him asap !

After reading more about Graham not sure I would make the trade, but thinking of an offense with him, Alshon and white would be pretty scary!