Bears resign Jaquizz and OL Nick Becton

DABEARSDABOMB

I'm glad we got him because now we won't waste a draft pick on a RB. That's three guys. Sign a fourth guy as an UDFA with potential.

Last year, did we sign him before or after we drafted Langford? Cause we had Matt Forte and Kadeem Carey. With Forte, we were in much better shape last year in terms of the running back position. I'm just pointing out that it's still quite possible we use a pick on the running back position.

Last year, did we sign him before or after we drafted Langford? Cause we had Matt Forte and Kadeem Carey. With Forte, we were in much better shape last year in terms of the running back position. I'm just pointing out that it's still quite possible we use a pick on the running back position.

Agreed. Not that I don't like Rodgers but the best he's done is 764 total yds (362 rushing and 402 rec) in 2012. Not really shown that potential (or increased) since then. Granted he's a good piece to the ST but maybe not enough to keep him long term.

At this point not sure how Perry will add up in all this. And this time last year we were all certain Carey was going to be cut.

Agreed. Not that I don't like Rodgers but the best he's done is 764 total yds (362 rushing and 402 rec) in 2012. Not really shown that potential (or increased) since then. Granted he's a good piece to the ST but maybe not enough to keep him long term.

And this time last year we were all certain Carey was going to be cut.

Not quite all of us. :D

Although I wasn't certain he'd make the roster either, I just said he's a tough competitor and we shouldn't count him out.

Bodies and ST... A good solid move, but nothing spectacular. I've never been that impressed with JR as a pure running back. But he is depth at the position, potential change of pace...and can play ST! I honestly know just about nothing about Becton. Seems like a warm body.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 14s14 seconds ago

#Bears announce RB Jacquizz Rodgers and OL Nick Becton have been re-signed to 1yr contracts. Rodgers was core ST player pre injury.

At this point not sure how Perry will add up in all this. And this time last year we were all certain Carey was going to be cut.

His numbers have been achieved as a change of pace and back up RB.He was behind Turner and I believe Norwood in Atl and he will be behind Langford and Carey here. IMO this is a good fit.