Official Draft Day 1 Thread

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. They are quietly becoming a team that makes good draft picks fairly consistently.

They just traded Johnathan Cooper to the Pats (former 1st round pick who sucked) and last years first round pick was inactive the whole year. People would be calling for Pace's head if he had those type of 1st round failures.

They just traded Johnathan Cooper to the Pats (former 1st round pick who sucked) and last years first round pick was inactive the whole year. People would be calling for Pace's head if he had those type of 1st round failures.

Yeah, but they nailed the next three picks the year Cooper was drafted. Minter, Mathieu, and Okafor.

Tunsil wasn't going to either the Bucs or Giants so there was no need to get him. He'd have been there. Giants had been pretty open in past day or two that they had narrowed the choice to Floyd. All of there football people were in agreement, with only the owner leaning towards Conklin (who was already off the board).

If those were their two main targets the Giants really got screwed in this draft with teams trading ahead of them for Conklin and Floyd.

If those were their two main targets the Giants really got screwed in this draft with teams trading ahead of them for Conklin and Floyd.

McShay said as much on SportsCenter - they were thinking Conklin or Floyd would be there, but the Titans and Bears knew that, traded up, and the Giants scrambled for Apple.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I think trading up for Tunsil was the homerun pick. No way he should have been there at 9. No freaking way.

But if Floyd ends up being a stand up triple, I'll be OK with it.

we haven't had a LOT above 'average' since jim covert was drafted in 1983. he retired TWENTY SIX freaking years ago.

we have had every low to average quality, outcast, knucklehead and mispositioned player playing this slot since. why is that? because our gm or whatever the hell we have, was calling the shots or if not him emmery, angelo, lovie, wanny, jauron or some other stooge coach when we actually did have a top ten pick and couldn't grasp the importance of that position.

i don't care what this tunsil was smoking or huffing in his gas mask, unless it was canisters of PCP, this was the pick. would anyone have turned down warren sapp or randy moss for smokin a dube in today's world? i sure as hell wouldn't so why did we pass on tunsil to play the 2nd most important position on your entire offense and the one greatest need on our entire team for over 26 years?

here's a sad thought for all....

our offensive coordinator is in his first season at that position ever. he has no chops to stand up and say "take this guy you idiots!".

so the guy with the loudest voice, fangio, says "i want HIM!" and we end up in the scheme of things with a freaking dime a dozen linebacker who we draft to add to the strongest position on the entire team.

our new GM spent the entire offseason getting rid of blue chip players on offense (i know, i know that's my personal opinion about forte and bennet and i don't want to argue about it) and bringing in blue chip players on defense. we basically spent the moon in free agency on our defense over the last two seasons. did it need it? YES, it did. but this put us into the position to really draft a quality best impact player available which it turns out was on offense. and what happens?

he either chokes or caves in to our defensive minded coaches. i understand if there is nothing there you draft defense but when you find yourself looking at a TOP fallen pick you desperately need and you will probably NEVER have a chance to draft that high again in 10 years you better damn well take him.

do we? HELL NO!!!!

now,,,, who do you think actually DOES draft tunsil?

our FORMER offensive coordinator the freaking head coach of the freaking miami dolphins!!!!!!!

i think i will go puke now.

Pace is an idiot, i mean he is from the Saints' organization and we see how well they are at finding talent.

I'd rather bet on a LT realizing his idiocracy then doing what the Bears did to a position they are are at least 3 deep going in.

Let's give it some time, even without White playing last year, we still had Goldman, Langford, and Amos contribute a lot, and Grasu still has a shot. That could potentially be 5 starters from one draft class, which is well above the norm. I think the LB corps is done, and we now move on to address other positions. With Floyd in hand, we now have some flexibility to move Houston or Young.

In regards to Tunsil, I thought that is who we were moving up to take, and was disappointed at first with the pick. However, it is not the end of the world, we have to wait and see how the team looks in July. I believe more moves are on the horizon.