Official Draft Day 1 Thread

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me how Floyd is any different than McClellin (when McClellin was going out of the draft)?

Floyd is taller and lighter, ran similar 40's. Floyd's NFL comparison is Eli Harold?

SMC

4.63 forty

31.5 vert

118 broad

Floyd

4.6 forty

39.5 vert

127 broad

WAAAAY more explosion.

Also, Floyd didn't rack up his stats against scrub teams in a secondary conference.

SMC

4.63 forty

31.5 vert

118 broad

Floyd

4.6 forty

39.5 vert

127 broad

WAAAAY more explosion.

Also, Floyd didn't rack up his stats against scrub teams in a secondary conference.

Yeah, no one can compare Floyd to SMC. My guy at work is a huge SEC guy and he says Floyd is a beast.

Yeah, no one can compare Floyd to SMC. My guy at work is a huge SEC guy and he says Floyd is a beast.

I'll add that Shea was listed at 6-3. I stood next to him at training camp and that was an exaggeration. Not to mention he didn't have have length. I stood next to Julius Peppers and that dude is like a freaking giant. A legit 6-7 with arms down to his knees.

Shea is built like a SS. You can't compare Floyd to Shea.

SMC

4.63 forty

31.5 vert

118 broad

Floyd

4.6 forty

39.5 vert

127 broad

WAAAAY more explosion.

Agree...two totally different players. I do agree Floyd has a lack of stats, but supposedly part of that was the system. Bottom line, if the Bears wanted him, they paid a relatively cheap price to jump the Giants. By all accounts the Giants football people had pegged FLoyd as there guy, so for those saying why did we do it, its pretty clear..we did it because that is who the Giants were going to take and we liked him more than anyone else on the board. 4th rounder to get the preferred guy, is well worth it, imo.

Now the real work for Floyd and the coaching staff begins...can they make him a sane version of Aldon Smith or even something close to 85% of that and that would be pretty good. He was one of the few players on the board who I thought had the raw talent to be an explosive pass rusher.

Got to have faith in Fox (Von Miller) and Fangio (Aldon smith).....I really thought they traded up to get Tunsil

Tunsil wasn't going to either the Bucs or Giants so there was no need to get him. He'd have been there. Giants had been pretty open in past day or two that they had narrowed the choice to Floyd. All of there football people were in agreement, with only the owner leaning towards Conklin (who was already off the board).

It would be awesome if Nkemdiche was still there for the Bears in round 2. They need to keep adding athletes. I also like the RB from Alabama: Would bring another dimension to the run game. More physical.

Ashawn would be awesome too or Jack. I am pretty sure Nkemdiche would be there and I agree with you, I'd love for them to add another athlete.

Ashawn would be awesome too or Jack. I am pretty sure Nkemdiche would be there and I agree with you, I'd love for them to add another athlete.

Pretty much reading my mind. I like A'Shawn, Jack, or Nkemdiche in the 2nd. All would be excellent picks. A'Shawn and Nkemdiche would be better in terms of fit, but Jack is a talent that shouldn't drop that far. I'd actually rather see A'Shawn or Nkemdiche in the 2nd, and then Jaylon Smith in the third. If the Bears are going to go for a potentially injured LB, that's the route I'd like to see.

Pretty much reading my mind. I like A'Shawn, Jack, or Nkemdiche in the 2nd. All would be excellent picks. A'Shawn and Nkemdiche would be better in terms of fit, but Jack is a talent that shouldn't drop that far. I'd actually rather see A'Shawn or Nkemdiche in the 2nd, and then Jaylon Smith in the third. If the Bears are going to go for a potentially injured LB, that's the route I'd like to see.

Dang...I was fully on Nkemdiche board. Shoot. Now I'm thinking our most likely pick would be Von Bell, safety from OSU. I think he'd look really good on the Bears.