Who do we take in round #2???

bradjock

I don't see how they could pass up on Hunter Henry if he's there. I mean, can anybody here name the Bears #2 TE on the roster right now? When Zach Miller inevitably gets hurt again, the Bears will have no reliable TE to replace him. If this Hunter kid is suppose to be far and away the best TE in the draft, the Bears really need to seriously consider him with their second pick.

I can see how. There are several mid-level TEs with very good upside this year. Even if they are pressed, waiting until the end of the third for one guy would be the best bet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade down in the 2nd or 3rd. Some teams are apparently trying to move up and get a QB, and there are so many DL left on the board that I think we can get a good one in he middle of the 2nd or even the 3rd.

I'm looking at (in no particular order)

TE Henry Hunter

DE Kevin Dodd

RB Derrick Henry

CB Mackensie Alexander

OT Le'Raven Clark

We're pick #10, and Myles Jack, Reggie Ragland and A'Shawn Robinson are still on the board so there is hope one or more of my five will be there when we pick.

I gotta say I trust Pace and Fox to do this right. They have more information and experience than I possibly can. So the game I play on draft day isn't to target a player and then get upset if the Bears don't take him, but instead I like to target players I like and then hope they are available when the Bears pick. If a few of "my guys" are there when we pick, I'll be happy, and if they don't get picked, then I assume we liked the guy we picked even better, which is a sign that we did well.

We shall see in a few years. Of course, the team they go to has a lot to do with it, but I don't believe there is a huge gap. Elliott is definitely set up for success right now with Dallas and their awesome OL.

Henry has a 37" vert, 130" broad, and an 11.5 60-second shuttle. Those are explosive numbers. And he's 6'3", 240lbs of muscle.

Compare that to Elliott who had a 32.5" vert and a 118" broad, and you'd think Elliott was the bigger man. He's 3 inches shorter and 15-20lbs lighter.

The only real advantage I give Elliott is in pass catching. Otherwise, I think Henry is just as good or better. I know Henry is stronger for sure, and the combine numbers say he's more explosive. 4.47 forty compared to a 4.54 forty could just be a matter of better form in the particular race.

Jason...you are a convincing...you sold me.

Jason...you are a convincing...you sold me.

Some sneaky good picks with the second pick

Johnathan Bullard/5T-strong at point of attack, good production, speed off the edge

Xaiver Howard/CB tall productive corner

Brandon Kaufusi/5T length, speed, productive

Kenneth Dixon/RB the best pure runner left in the draft, can catch the ball

Some sneaky good picks with the second pick

Johnathan Bullard/5T-strong at point of attack, good production, speed off the edge

Xaiver Howard/CB tall productive corner

Brandon Kaufusi/5T length, speed, productive

Kenneth Dixon/RB the best pure runner left in the draft, can catch the ball

:blink: :blink:

Derrick Henry?

I'm not sure what your definition of "best pure runner" is though. Maybe you're referring to shiftiness? Dixon has a bit more wiggle, but Henry's actually faster.

I'd throw up if the Bears picked Dixon in the 2nd. That would be a very bad pick in my opinion. A significant reach.

:blink: :blink:

Derrick Henry?

I'm not sure what your definition of "best pure runner" is though. Maybe you're referring to shiftiness? Dixon has a bit more wiggle, but Henry's actually faster.

I'd throw up if the Bears picked Dixon in the 2nd. That would be a very bad pick in my opinion. A significant reach.

Which o-lineman do you want in round #2. Jason Spriggs would be a nice "get."

Henry in the 2nd makes more sense than Elliott in the 1st. Their talent is not that far apart, and getting him a round later is a huge bonus. He's going to be a monster. I still think he'll be better than Elliott in the NFL.

Having said that, I don't want him in the 2nd. Too many good 5T guys there. Too many good SS guys there. Too many OTs there. All three positions are more important than RB right now for the Bears.

God you must be an Alabama homer. Elliott and Henry aren't even close. You'll see...