Floyd

Wesson44

The pick is growing on my too. My first reaction was disappointment, but then again I wanted Buckner but he went two picks ahead of us. While perhaps not who I would have taken, we did get a freak athlete with one of, if not the quickest first step. Speed is huge in today's NFL today. If he adds more bulk that will only help, but not enough bulk to negate the speed. I do like that he played all over the field at Georgia giving him versatility and understanding of more than just OLB. I remember hearing somewhere that he sat in 3 different position meetings and that he has a high football IQ. If he could develop into a leader on D he could be one of those guys that helps his teammates get in their spots.

He was clearly someone our coaches, scouts, and FO had targeted and were aggressive in moving up a couple spots to ensure they got him, tells me they see something in him that made the move worth it. Giving up a 4th to move up 2 spots hurts a little but when you have 9 picks you have some ammunition to move up. We very well may trade down in the next few rounds pick up more picks too. These next few rounds will be interesting. With the work that Pace did this offseason we have more flexibility this draft than we did last year.

Not sure still how I feel on this choice. Yes I wanted an edge rusher but he just looks awkward (perhaps raw?) playing the position. Looks more like a WR playing defense than OLB. I trust Fangio to build him into what we need. And FWIW and as much as I think Mayock is a dolt there was this interesting comparison. Pretty accurate if you ask me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000064...r-leonard-floyd

Not sure still how I feel on this choice. Yes I wanted an edge rusher but he just looks awkward (perhaps raw?) playing the position. Looks more like a WR playing defense than OLB. I trust Fangio to build him into what we need. And FWIW and as much as I think Mayock is a dolt there was this interesting comparison. Pretty accurate if you ask me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000064...r-leonard-floyd

I don't think Jason Taylor had as much first step quickness as Floyd. He did have the lean and long frame and still managed to be successful.

I don't think Jason Taylor had as much first step quickness as Floyd. He did have the lean and long frame and still managed to be successful.

I think the biggest thing we have going for us is Fox and Fangio developing him and using him properly. He will be successful.