Patriots Cut OC Bryan Stork

Pixote

Patriots Cutting Former Starting Center Bryan Stork From what I read in the article I guess he is a bit of a hot head but if the staff thinks he is managable he might give us some depth/flexibility at OC.

I read earlier that the Pats thought we may try trading for him since they have a younger guy ready to go and we got a good hands on look at him during the practice sessions.

Can he be a bigger hot head than Larsen? He is worth bringing in to take a look at IMO.

Cornelius Edison is the wild card here. He's getting some snaps with the 1st team this week and we may very well see him take some snaps with them against KC, maybe in the 2nd quarter. He's pretty athletic and moves around well which is what they said they wanted when they drafted Grasu. And so far against 2nd and 3rd team DTs he's anchored pretty well, even against Terrance Knighton. Not that Knighton is that mobile anymore.

I don't know much about Stork and what he brings to the table other than the fights he had against the Bears defense. I'm not sure if he can play OG. He was only due to make $600k and the Bears refused to trade for him. So he wasn't worth giving up a pick, and I'm glad we didn't do that. Signing him would kick Larsen back to where he belongs, on the bench behind Long/Whitehair. Then we're carrying two dedicated OC on the 53man roster and that doesn't seem likely.

Cornelius Edison is the wild card here. He's getting some snaps with the 1st team this week and we may very well see him take some snaps with them against KC, maybe in the 2nd quarter. He's pretty athletic and moves around well which is what they said they wanted when they drafted Grasu. And so far against 2nd and 3rd team DTs he's anchored pretty well, even against Terrance Knighton. Not that Knighton is that mobile anymore. I don't know much about Stork and what he brings to the table other than the fights he had against the Bears defense. I'm not sure if he can play OG. He was only due to make $600k and the Bears refused to trade for him. So he wasn't worth giving up a pick, and I'm glad we didn't do that. Signing him would kick Larsen back to where he belongs, on the bench behind Long/Whitehair. Then we're carrying two dedicated OC on the 53man roster and that doesn't seem likely.

Always worth taking a look, but you are correct it doesn't fit the direction the Bears are looking to go. I think they go with Edison/Larsen to start and who knows when Grasu may return. They still haven't put him on the I/R yet.

On the one hand I'm not too keen on another "hot head" to the mix (ergo Bennett and Marshall) and especially with this current team make-up. On the other if he's similar to Kreutz in that his 'a-hole-ishness' translates to good play then yeah, I'm down.

However if you recall Kreutz not only was aggressive on game day but with his own teammates on their off days. Wasn't it he who broke Fred(?) Miller's jaw while hanging out at the range and after getting into a fight? How would Fox put up with guys like that nowadays?

On the one hand I'm not too keen on another "hot head" to the mix (ergo Bennett and Marshall) and especially with this current team make-up. On the other if he's similar to Kreutz in that his 'a-hole-ishness' translates to good play then yeah, I'm down.

However if you recall Kreutz not only was aggressive on game day but with his own teammates on their off days. Wasn't it he who broke Fred(?) Miller's jaw while hanging out at the range and after getting into a fight? How would Fox put up with guys like that nowadays?

Instead of being cut , he was traded, no go for Bears.