Bears Claim K'Waun Williams

scs787

Said to be an up and coming slot corner who was released by the Browns because well....They're the Browns.

This was the note when he was waived.

Browns waived CB K'Waun Williams.

Williams had been suspended by the Browns for two games after disobeying their wishes to avoid surgery on his troublesome ankle. A second, outside opinion revealed Williams needed surgery and he underwent the procedure. One of the league's better young slot corners, Williams should resurface quickly. Aug 29 - 4:06 PM

I still don't fully understand the cause of the issues between him and the Browns front office. You would think if he's that talented a dispute over when to get surgery (or not) would eventually be forgotten once he got back on the field. It seems there is more to this story than what we know from the reports. However, we know Fox and Pace won't put up with BS from players regarding taking care of themselves.

Finding another good DB for the slot would be a huge boost for our defense. It seems none of the young players fit well in that spot leaving just Callahan to fill the role. The fact they gave Callahan a shot outside in a preseason game means they think he can provide more versatility as the first backup to Fuller/Porter. You can't do that unless you have someone to fill his shoes inside. K'Waun Williams has just one week to make a good impression and what happens among all the DBs in final cuts will be interesting.

Just keep this in mind:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/i...and-paul-kruger

"K'Waun was one of my really good friends on the team," Joe Haden said of Williams on Aug. 21. "Just a tough situation. Some people, you gotta really love this to be here. It's a lot of hours, a lot of things you have to put into it, and if your'e not all-in to it then it's no one's place to tell you what you want to do.

"I'm here for K'Waun whatever he wants to do, but we've got to just keep moving on with who we've got here."

I still don't fully understand the cause of the issues between him and the Browns front office. You would think if he's that talented a dispute over when to get surgery (or not) would eventually be forgotten once he got back on the field. It seems there is more to this story than what we know from the reports. However, we know Fox and Pace won't put up with BS from players regarding taking care of themselves.

Finding another good DB for the slot would be a huge boost for our defense. It seems none of the young players fit well in that spot leaving just Callahan to fill the role. The fact they gave Callahan a shot outside in a preseason game means they think he can provide more versatility as the first backup to Fuller/Porter. You can't do that unless you have someone to fill his shoes inside. K'Waun Williams has just one week to make a good impression and what happens among all the DBs in final cuts will be interesting.

Just keep this in mind:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/i...and-paul-kruger

"K'Waun was one of my really good friends on the team," Joe Haden said of Williams on Aug. 21. "Just a tough situation. Some people, you gotta really love this to be here. It's a lot of hours, a lot of things you have to put into it, and if your'e not all-in to it then it's no one's place to tell you what you want to do.

"I'm here for K'Waun whatever he wants to do, but we've got to just keep moving on with who we've got here."

Hue Jackson is a no nonsense guy. He's respected throughout the league from what I've seen. I saw the incident they refer to when punter Lee essentially passed on making a tackle when the opponent ran back a punt for a TD. I'm sure that wasn't the only thing that made the Browns decide to move him. Just like reading that not only is Williams 'disagreeing' about his injury, he was suspended for the last two games because he violated 'unspecified team rules'. Jackson must have seen or known something that made him decide to move on. Something tells me we'll find out soon enough what that was.

His alleged ailment; bone spurs in his foot, is something that could be troubling. Especially if he's going to try and 'tough it out'. Not sure what the hesitation on his (Williams) part is to not get it fixed.

I just read an article saying he failed the physical because of bone spurs in his ankle.

So why did we even claim him on waivers?

It was well documented and reported he had an issue with bone spurs long before he was cut by the Browns.

Knowing this the Bears claim him off of waivers and then say he fails this physical for a condition they already were aware of?

Does not make a bit of sense to me.

I just read an article saying he failed the physical because of bone spurs in his ankle.

So why did we even claim him on waivers?

It was well documented and reported he had an issue with bone spurs long before he was cut by the Browns.

Knowing this the Bears claim him off of waivers and then say he fails this physical for a condition they already were aware of?

Does not make a bit of sense to me.

I presume it had more to do with the severity of the bone spurs and the fact that probably based upon our medical evaluation he was going to need surgery and miss substantial time (vs. his claim that he could potentially play through and have off-season surgery). I know there was an interesting dynamic between him and the Browns and whether he could play / couldn't play.