Right moves?

Wesson44

The more I think about it cutting Robbie was the right move. Since last season "Gould as Gold" has became "good as false gold". The preseason inaccuracies along with his contract has ceased his fate as becoming expendable. Pace has shown this team since day one that performance matters and you better be a good character guy as well or your gone. Thanks Robbie for your production as a Bear and good luck to where ever you land except when you play against Chicago!

The more I think about it cutting Robbie was the right move. Since last season "Gould as Gold" has became "good as false gold". The preseason inaccuracies along with his contract has ceased his fate as becoming expendable. Pace has shown this team since day one that performance matters and you better be a good character guy as well or your gone. Thanks Robbie for your production as a Bear and good luck to where ever you land except when you play against Chicago!

He was actually 33 of 39 last year making his first 15 and his last seven. He did miss two game winning kicks but made one against Oakland.

I have no issues with them cutting him at this point. He was too expensive to justify his current abilities.

Peace :dabears

The Bears have been vindicated by their "questionable" veteran moves in recent years, though no one acknowledges them. Urlacher and Briggs never played another down. Tillman got injured and retired. Kreutz and Garza were irrelevant. Marshall was more a discipline thing than anything else. Forte remains to be seen but being hurt all preseason suggests the Bears may have made the right move. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Here's the question, in my eyes: Is anyone cutting their current kicker to pick up Gould? If the answer is no (and I think it is), then that tells you where other teams view Gould right now.

OK so if Royal goes down who is our slot WR...and who other than Thompson is going to handle the duties of Thompson gets hurt?

I think they like Bellamy in the slot as well. For KR duties, you could use any of the DB's, backup WRs or even RBs.

Say what you will about him, but Mariani is the answer if Royal and Thompson go down. The WR coach, who is a hard ass so I don't expect fluff, is said to really like Mariani. I wouldn't be surprised if we see both Royal and Mariani on the field from time to time.

Say what you will about him, but Mariani is the answer if Royal and Thompson go down. The WR coach, who is a hard ass so I don't expect fluff, is said to really like Mariani. I wouldn't be surprised if we see both Royal and Mariani on the field from time to time.

I don't know if you are kidding but Mariani was cut and signed with the Titans?

Mariani was released and signed with the Titans. Bellamy, Meredith, and Thompson are the main reserves. Marquess Wilson may be an option down the road too. It is time for Royal to shine though.

The Bears have been vindicated by their "questionable" veteran moves in recent years, though no one acknowledges them. Urlacher and Briggs never played another down. Tillman got injured and retired. Kreutz and Garza were irrelevant. Marshall was more a discipline thing than anything else. Forte remains to be seen but being hurt all preseason suggests the Bears may have made the right move. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Here's the question, in my eyes: Is anyone cutting their current kicker to pick up Gould? If the answer is no (and I think it is), then that tells you where other teams view Gould right now.

It is always better to move on a year early than a year late. I have no issues with moving on from guys in their mid 30s because you will more than likely save some cap space during the process.

Agreed about Mariani. Don't get why he was released and Royal was kept. Hasn't put more than two full years together as of late. Unfortunately it sounds as though Mariani may be back in LA or Tennessee now(?)

Agreed about Mariani. Don't get why he was released and Royal was kept. Hasn't put more than two full years together as of late. Unfortunately it sounds as though Mariani may be back in LA or Tennessee now(?)

Speculation on the Score was that it was because of the $4.5 million owed to Royal this year.

Peace :dabears

He has more upside that Mariani, because of his injuries last year, people forget how good he was the year before he came here. You have to deal with the moment , not presume someone will be injured. It may happen anyways but go with the better player for now.If Royal bets hurt they will bring in Braveman, he is on the practice squad.