Still fight for wins?

jason

Cutler regressed.

Alshon suspended.

Long out for the year.

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight, but I'm wondering if the "always go for the win"-camp still feels the same way.

If there ever was a time to shut it down, put in the JV squad, see what the team has on the bench, and play for the draft pick, now is it.

The Bears are already playing with a JV squad. Half their team is on IR or is unable to play from week to week. The tank move you're asking for would be to start Barkley over Cutler, but John Fox isn't in a position where he's comfortable enough with his own job security to flush the rest of the season down the toilet.

That said, I absolutely am hoping the Bears can hold onto a top 3 draft choice for next year. I think the odds of them getting the #1 pick are already out the door, but being #2 or #3 is still within reach. Worst case scenario is that they end up with the #5 pick. I can't see many scenarios where the Bears win more than 4 games this year.

I want Barkley to start.

But I also want Howard, Floyd and the rest of the D to start.

If we win with running and D...so be it.

If we lose...so be it.

Cutler regressed.

Alshon suspended.

Long out for the year.

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight, but I'm wondering if the "always go for the win"-camp still feels the same way.

If there ever was a time to shut it down, put in the JV squad, see what the team has on the bench, and play for the draft pick, now is it.

I want Barkley to start.

But I also want Howard, Floyd and the rest of the D to start.

If we win with running and D...so be it.

If we lose...so be it.

This is more or less how I feel about it . You still need to develop your young talent as much as you can. We (as fans) can't really help that the QB options are limited.

The really frustrating thing to me is had Cutler actually played almost or as well as he did against Minnesota, we'd still be talking playoff possibilities. GB is obviously in a downward spiral and Minneosta lost again. Having Cutler blow it as bad as he did has to be pretty demoralizing. The worst was right after one of your Pro Bowl guards was carried off the field, and he tried hard to motivate the team, Cutler immediately fumbled. I wouldn't have blamed Long for whacking Cutler on the head with his crutch after that .

Now you see why McPhee was so pissed those few weeks back?

The Bears are already playing with a JV squad. Half their team is on IR or is unable to play from week to week. The tank move you're asking for would be to start Barkley over Cutler, but John Fox isn't in a position where he's comfortable enough with his own job security to flush the rest of the season down the toilet.

i see absolutely no reason to start barkley unless he looks 100% better in practice than he did on the field. unless we believe he can progress into at least an average qb with work he has no business being on the field. our young talent gets no chance to learn much of anything from this guy.

it helps us not at all in determining whether our other offensive players are keepers or whether we should be looking to the draft or free agency to fill these spots with a cannon fodder qb.

if shaw were healthy it would be a different story. he at least looked like he had something to contribute in preseason.

i see absolutely no reason to start barkley unless he looks 100% better in practice than he did on the field. unless we believe he can progress into at least an average qb with work he has no business being on the field. our young talent gets no chance to learn much of anything from this guy.

it helps us not at all in determining whether our other offensive players are keepers or whether we should be looking to the draft or free agency to fill these spots with a cannon fodder qb.

if shaw were healthy it would be a different story. he at least looked like he had something to contribute in preseason.

I honestly don't remember how Barkley looked, but if your memory of his play is correct, then I say...

BRING ON BARKLEY!! :lol: :lol:

I'm still rooting for wins, but only if they are at the hands of Howard and the D. If that happens, like you state, we experience development.

Cutler's performance over the past 2 games is a summary of his entire career. Flashes of greatness and then complete meltdowns. It's not something you really want to build a team around.

I fully understood why McPhee was pissed! He probably still is...

This is more or less how I feel about it . You still need to develop your young talent as much as you can. We (as fans) can't really help that the QB options are limited.

The really frustrating thing to me is had Cutler actually played almost or as well as he did against Minnesota, we'd still be talking playoff possibilities. GB is obviously in a downward spiral and Minneosta lost again. Having Cutler blow it as bad as he did has to be pretty demoralizing. The worst was right after one of your Pro Bowl guards was carried off the field, and he tried hard to motivate the team, Cutler immediately fumbled. I wouldn't have blamed Long for whacking Cutler on the head with his crutch after that .

Also...I am finding it exceptionally difficult to watch the team with Cutler under center. My stomach churns at the sight of him...

He

is

not

a

Bear.

...not to me at least.

Also...I am finding it exceptionally difficult to watch the team with Cutler under center. My stomach churns at the sight of him...

He

is

not

a

Bear.

...not to me at least.

I don't care where Cutler goes next year, as long as it's away from Chicago. The rest of this season I can't see Barkley on the field, unless Cutler gets hurt. Barkley is not the answer to anything other than what's another USC, Mater Dai High big name failure. I hope the kid on IR gets a shot at the end of the season to show us what we have.

Yup...

During the game, I can't help but fall into the emotion of trying to win. But prior to it, I know it's best if we simply lose a hard fought match with signs of something to build on.

I absolutely expect the Bears to play to win. However, I am hoping for good play with losses to give us better draft position.

Peace :dabears

Cutler regressed.

Alshon suspended.

Long out for the year.

As Herm Edwards once said: "you play to win the game." Plain and simple, win at all costs. That's my stance. Always has been and always will.

I appreciate your angle and totally understand where you're coming from. Despite what I just said I can see your concern, especially at QB. There quite literally is almost no way to win consistently with Cutler; never has been. Is there with Barkley? Unknown. Our only real hope(s) at the QB position this year are both sitting on IR.

As Cutler said a few weeks ago when asked if Fox was ready for Cutler to start again; "what choice does he have?" He's right, we are limited.

That's one of my big worries for this team.

Dec 4th, Bears vs SF play by play:

Coin Flip: Bears win the toss and elect to receive

49ers kickoff from the 25 yd line, Deonte Thompson makes the catch deep in the endzone, hesitates, takes the ball out and gets tackled on the one. Hmm...odd?

1-10 Fox yanks Cutler as he tried to take the field. Matt Barkley marches out and is in shot gun formation, takes the snap in his endzone and trips almost intentionally. Safety 49ers. Score is 2-0

Bears kickoff and surprise the 49er's with an onside kick. McManus catches the ball on the bounce and runs the ball backwards and runs out of bounds at the 1 yd line.

1-10 Barkley falls in the endzone again for another safety and the score is now 4-0.

Bears kickoff with another onside, but SF is now prepared. They recover and refuse to win the game so they lateral the ball back to keep from being tackled until the can get out of bounds near their goal line.

1-10 Kaepernick takes the snap from and decides to kneel in the endzone. Safety Bears 4-2.

This game of safeties continues until these teams start to figure out ways to help defend from making the team score. Like fumbling in the endzone and tackling the opponent on top of the ball to give them 6 points. The Bears end up losing, 38-30 and will have the 2nd pick in the 2017 draft.

The game at first was an embarrassment to Goodell who was in attendance, but then he realized how exciting it was watching the fans cheer on their teams to lose. On that day, a new concept was introduced to have a playoff for the bottom 10 teams to compete for the draft order. The format was to find ways to make your opponent score like that Dec 4th game.