Fox in or out?

Daventry

I have seen many news articles saying that Fox is on shaky ground; what does everyone think here?

Personally, with what I know I would not tend to want to start over at this point again with another unknown quantity.

That being said, not sure about Loggains and wonder about why we get hit so hard with injuries.

I would like Mike McCoy to come in and help Fox. To me the real question is what is our strategic plan. Do we intend to go with a young QB that we draft? If we do, are we committed to Fox for the next few years (regardless of what happens a year from now) and do we think we have the right OC here long term to be that person? If not, we need to move Fox now, because if the thoughts are we draft a young QB and throw him to the wolves while expecting Fox to contend, we are setting ourselves up for a carousel of coaches and coordinators under our new QB. I am personally okay with being patient as long as Fox makes the right move on an OC and we feel we have the right person to groome the young QB.

If we are going for a veteran and a young QB (basically buying time), then I am absolutely fine with Fox and if we stink next year, we can move on. Only way I get rid of him now is because we go out and land Harbaugh or something and then draft a young QB who Harbaugh grooms.

I prefer Fox stays in part because I really like Fangio and what he's doing on defense. It's a bit hard to see with all the injuries but there are several young players developing and I'd like to keep building on this.

The offense is a bit harder to see but I'm not as down on Loggains as everyone else for the simple reason that with Hoyer out there we were moving the ball well. We just couldn't score but I think that's as much a limitation on Hoyer than the system. Cutler is just the complete opposite of Hoyer and you'll get points and big plays, but not the steady moving of the chains. That comes with the occasional game where he looks completely lost.

I don't think a rookie QB solves all this but I do think that Jordan Howard shows the way forward. When we can run the football the offense looks good. When your QB situation is a question mark the best thing to do is to focus on improving the run game. Unless Langford steps up in a big way these last few games I'm not opposed to drafting another RB or bringing in a FA. That doesn't mean I want to get rid of Langford but between him and Carey there's room for competition to win a job. Given that we'll have nobody at QB and several backups on the Oline, establishing a running game won't be easy.

I prefer Fox stays in part because I really like Fangio and what he's doing on defense. It's a bit hard to see with all the injuries but there are several young players developing and I'd like to keep building on this.

The offense is a bit harder to see but I'm not as down on Loggains as everyone else for the simple reason that with Hoyer out there we were moving the ball well. We just couldn't score but I think that's as much a limitation on Hoyer than the system. Cutler is just the complete opposite of Hoyer and you'll get points and big plays, but not the steady moving of the chains. That comes with the occasional game where he looks completely lost.

I don't think a rookie QB solves all this but I do think that Jordan Howard shows the way forward. When we can run the football the offense looks good. When your QB situation is a question mark the best thing to do is to focus on improving the run game. Unless Langford steps up in a big way these last few games I'm not opposed to drafting another RB or bringing in a FA. That doesn't mean I want to get rid of Langford but between him and Carey there's room for competition to win a job. Given that we'll have nobody at QB and several backups on the Oline, establishing a running game won't be easy.

Agree, agree, disagree (sort of).

I like what Fangio is doing a lot. Top ten in sacks, and the Bears have had a ridiculous number of defensive injuries. Fuller, Goldman, and Houston out pretty much the entire year. Bush and McPhee out half the year. Sutton late IR. Just about everyone else has missed one or two games. It's part of what makes me think the Bears should hope for the best in terms of health next year, and double-down on defense (FA & draft) in the hopes it can carry the team next year.

I am not sure what to make of Loggains. It's hard to evaluate when they have possibly the worst tackle combo in the NFL and complete disarray at QB.

The Bears absolutely do NOT need to spend any time looking at RB in the 2017 draft of free agency. If they don't like Langford or Carey that much, they should just give more touches to Howard. Period. Enough of the rotation. Howard can handle the load, and should only come out when he needs a breather. I happen to think Langford and Carey are just fine in their current positions.

Agree, agree, disagree (sort of).

I like what Fangio is doing a lot. Top ten in sacks, and the Bears have had a ridiculous number of defensive injuries. Fuller, Goldman, and Houston out pretty much the entire year. Bush and McPhee out half the year. Sutton late IR. Just about everyone else has missed one or two games. It's part of what makes me think the Bears should hope for the best in terms of health next year, and double-down on defense (FA & draft) in the hopes it can carry the team next year.

I am not sure what to make of Loggains. It's hard to evaluate when they have possibly the worst tackle combo in the NFL and complete disarray at QB.

The Bears absolutely do NOT need to spend any time looking at RB in the 2017 draft of free agency. If they don't like Langford or Carey that much, they should just give more touches to Howard. Period. Enough of the rotation. Howard can handle the load, and should only come out when he needs a breather. I happen to think Langford and Carey are just fine in their current positions.

Must be the holiday spirit but I'm agreeing with Jason again... Somewhat. Still not sold Loggains. But bottom line, Fox needs to stay. This mess of a team is a different mess (youth and injuries) than the mess he inherited from Trestman and co. (Incompetence). I'd give John and other year or two. His resume speaks enough for him in that regard.

Despite those that say otherwise I'd be willing to bet Fox tries to draft at one more RB. Maybe later rounds but he'll do it. He's too much of an RBC guy to do otherwise.

And for what it's worth, I suspect Langford will rebound somewhat next year. I'm convinced he's having a 'sophomore slump'. Next year will be Jordan's turn (hopefully I'm wrong) then everything will good.

Must be the holiday spirit but I'm agreeing with Jason again... Somewhat. Still not sold Loggains. But bottom line, Fox needs to stay. This mess of a team is a different mess (youth and injuries) than the mess he inherited from Trestman and co. (Incompetence). I'd give John and other year or two. His resume speaks enough for him in that regard.

Despite those that say otherwise I'd be willing to bet Fox tries to draft at one more RB. Maybe later rounds but he'll do it. He's too much of an RBC guy to do otherwise.

And for what it's worth, I suspect Langford will rebound somewhat next year. I'm convinced he's having a 'sophomore slump'. Next year will be Jordan's turn (hopefully I'm wrong) then everything will good.

Agreement here as well. I like Carey, even called for the Bears to draft him but he is limited in what he can do. More problematic for me is that I don't think he's ever been available for more than 4 straight games. For a guy who's mostly done special teams, or ride the bench, that isn't good. At the end of the day it will be the desire to have someone who can fill that spot on special teams better, and perhaps develop into a better RB (any player is a question mark on day 3) that drives the late Rd RB pick. No guarantees but there will be competition IMO.