I already hate the Bears 2017 draft

jason

How are the Bears supposed to trade him, he is a UFA. They will have to find a way to sign him because if he walks, they will not get any compensation picks. AJ is one up on the Bears IMO, he now can force a franchise tag or demand a contract in his favor. If the Bears do not meet his demand, he signs elsewhere and the Bears get nothing.

Only a sign and trade would work. Franchise is out of the question. They should start working on something ASAP, and then spring the deal on him before the draft.

Given the cap going up next year by another $8-10M, and our cap space...I honestly don't see that much of an issue with re-tagging him. Especially if he's not amicable to signing at first. At least we'd hold some some possibility of a trade as he could be signed while under the tag for some time. I don't think we have anyone else we'd need to potentially tag.

Only a sign and trade would work. Franchise is out of the question. They should start working on something ASAP, and then spring the deal on him before the draft.

Unless a trade happens, I see the draft sucking.

In my opinion, the Bears need serious upgrades at QB, OT, CB, S, DE in no specific order.

QB - Cutler is done. The only one I want at #4 is Kizer, and that's even questionable for me. The others, particularly Trubinsky, would be a huge reach that early.

OT - No top 4 guys there. The best guy is either Cam Robinson or Mike McGlinchey, and they're more mid-1st kind of guys. Around #10 at the highest.

CB - The Bears have a bunch of maybes at CB right now. But I don't think Marlon Humphrey or Marshaun Lattimore are worth of #4.

S - No doubt the Bears need a Safety, maybe both. But is Jamal Adams or Jabrill Peppers that good? They're more late-1st in my opinion.

DE - Unrein is not the answer. I like his motor, but he's a backup. Bullard is unknown. Unfortunately, Myles Garrett will be gone, and Jonathan Allen is more 4-3 interior guy.

Let's hope for a trade down. :pray

Peppers is a top 5 player, and we need a play maker in the D backfield. Should never pass up a blue chip player.

Peppers is a top 5 player, and we need a play maker in the D backfield. Should never pass up a blue chip player.

1. I'm soured on "Slash" players ever since Kordell came to Chicago.

2. I'm soured on players named Peppers ever since Julius (despite the fact that he stayed about career average while in town).

3. Half of Jabril Peppers' highlights are either on offense or ST.

4. He is definitely more of a SS than a FS. I'm not sure he's ever even lined up at FS.

5. I'm not sure Peppers is a top 5 guy.

6. If the Bears draft a safety in the 1st, it should probably be Jamal Adams from LSU.

Peppers will go high simply because of the name recognition and he's a very good in-the-box safety. Unfortunately this is now a passing league. Guys like Tyrann Mathieu who he gets compared to can actually cover well, at least one 2nd or 3rd options. I don't see that in Peppers game although he has the quickness and speed to improve in this area. I just hate projecting that when you're talking about a top 10 pick. I haven't even watched him play yet but I still prefer the safety out of LSU ahead of Peppers.

Peppers will go high simply because of the name recognition and he's a very good in-the-box safety. Unfortunately this is now a passing league. Guys like Tyrann Mathieu who he gets compared to can actually cover well, at least one 2nd or 3rd options. I don't see that in Peppers game although he has the quickness and speed to improve in this area. I just hate projecting that when you're talking about a top 10 pick. I haven't even watched him play yet but I still prefer the safety out of LSU ahead of Peppers.

Time will tell, but no way he goes top 10. The football people that get paid to watch on a daily basis know how flawed his game is.