Bears vs Packers

jason

I hate Rodgers.

If he's hobbled the Bears should blitz all game and put a target on him.

The Packers' OL gets away with more holding than any other team.

This is the only game I actually want to win.

Oh yes. But unfortunately we don't have any WR that can catch nor anyone that wants to tackle. What I've seen so far is the Bears have mailed it in and are just walking through the motions. Fire Fox now cause he couldn't motivate a hungry dog to eat a steak. Just pathetic, and I'm embarrassed again as Bear lifer.

I hate Rodgers.

If he's hobbled the Bears should blitz all game and put a target on him.

The Packers' OL gets away with more holding than any other team.

This is the only game I actually want to win.

Starting to jump on the Barkley bandwagon. He has earned a chance to return and may be the best QB we have over Hoyer/Shaw, assuming Cutler is out of the mix.

**side note Jacksonville is up 13-0, Bears losing today may move them up to the pick #3 slot.**

Starting to jump on the Barkley bandwagon. He has earned a chance to return and may be the best QB we have over Hoyer/Shaw, assuming Cutler is out of the mix.

Agreed 100%. He looks like he can make most throws, and make smart decisions. I'm very happy with his performance in this game thus far. Especially after watching the quick out to Bellamy (who destroyed the packer DB).

I bring back Barkley and Shaw and draft a QB. Hoyer and Cutler go.

Peace :dabears

No question now. Barkley can throw so he can be a no 2, at worst. And he's got moxey. Newport beach kid slingin it in the fridged Soldier Field. Give him a contract and get more competition.

The thing is, I won't blame Barkley just like I wouldn't blame Cutler. Was a checkdown better on both HHCD INTs? Yes. But did both plays have extenuating circumstances? Absolutely.

There was an uncalled hold by the GB D on the first INT. That made the difference in whether or not the WR could get a hand on the ball.

On the second INT, Braverman was being guarded by a guy weighing 300 lbs! And then he didn't even look for the pass. On top of that, he flattened his route whenBarkley clearly didn't expect it. Guessing Braverman made that mental mistake.

Barkley seems to be a bit Cutleresque today, IMO.

I guess we could come up with some excuses.

Hell, we excused Cutler for 9 years?, Barkely has only started 4 games?

Let's just say that before today I was guardedly optimistic.

Now I am just frustrated at what I am seeing.

(While posting this response several other posts were made but I will just leave this as it was initially typed)

Barkley seems to be a bit Cutleresque today, IMO.

I guess we could come up with some excuses.

Hell, we excused Cutler for 9 years?, Barkely has only started 4 games?

Let's just say that before today I was guardedly optimistic.

Now I am just frustrated at what I am seeing.

(While posting this response several other posts were made but I will just leave this as it was initially typed)

S0, Pix next year, lets dump Barkley, who, from what I've seen, can put the ball in the right spot more than not? No. Give this lid a shot next year. Crap he's pretty much a rookie. I want to keep hi

m in the mix, he's earned it IMdO.

The thing is, I won't blame Barkley just like I wouldn't blame Cutler. Was a checkdown better on both HHCD INTs? Yes. But did both plays have extenuating circumstances? Absolutely.

There was an uncalled hold by the GB D on the first INT. That made the difference in whether or not the WR could get a hand on the ball.

On the second INT, Braverman was being guarded by a guy weighing 300 lbs! And then he didn't even look for the pass. On top of that, he flattened his route whenBarkley clearly didn't expect it. Guessing Braverman made that mental mistake.

Yeah Barkley ripped into Braverman after that last INT so there was mis-communication indeed.

Thing of it is, similar to the notes of Pix and Chile; Cutlers been doing crap like this for years - year after year. Barkley has a smaller sample size. And he's starting to make amends to his errors as I type. (Notice how looking back into the sun the turnovers seem to be aplenty and since going back the other way, Barkley and Co. Are back on course.)

I'm still a strong believer in Barkley.

S0, Pix next year, lets dump Barkley, who, from what I've seen, can put the ball in the right spot more than not? No. Give this lid a shot next year. Crap he's pretty much a rookie. I want to keep hi

m in the mix, he's earned it IMdO.

I am not saying cut Barkley.

I am just saying my expectations of his future has been altered.

I was beginning to think he could be THE starter for us going forward.

Now I am not sure.

He would, at the very least, be an excellent #2.

I was hoping he could emerge as a surprise #1 QB for the Bears.

Time will tell.

I'd like to add that the team has a great future with these youngsters out there. LeBlanc and Kwitkowski are looking pretty good. Fangio really needs a lot of credit for what he's done. #7 defense is nothing to snort at.

Except for a 50 yard pass near the end of the game. Ugh!

As much as I hate the Packers, I do not want a win. Play tough and play to the end, but lose.

As much as I hate the Packers, I do not want a win. Play tough and play to the end, but lose.

Yeah. The conflict is strong in me. I like keeping draft position, but I hate the packers more than just about anything other than a whore ex-girlfriend. Let's call it a tie.

Clearly Packers got away with defensive holding on both plays but Braverman quit afterwards and didn't even work to come out his cut. I won't fault Barkley, as I wouldn't fault Cutler on these situations. Barkley especially is out there with a bunch of guys he's barely played with. It was clear though that after the Braverman crap Barkley went right toward Jeffrey and stayed there for a bit.

Barkley does need to improve his pocket awareness. He could have easily avoided the fumble if he takes one step up but he has also improved quite a bit in this area since his first start.

At least Jordan Howard ran over Clinton-Dix twice.

I don't see this team quitting. If nothing else Barkley won't let them quit. I do see a ton of backups out there as starters, some of which probably won't be on this team next year: Timu, Unrein, and Hurst. LeBlanc is playing out of position which was never more clear than on that last pass of the game. He's still the best option we have on the outside right now with Porter, who again didn't play well.

This. I hate losing to the Packers but I like how we lost.

Barkley is a keeper. I sign him to a deal after the season and let him compete for starting QB.

Peace :dabears

For someone with a total of 4 career starts, he's playing with a bunch of backup receivers and he's never had to deal Chicago weather before. It was said that San Francisco game was the 1st time he'd ever played in snow he's done very well. He damn near willed this team to victory after all the issues he had to start the 2nd half. I'm quite impressed by him. He has to be at least given the chance in camp to take the job after all he's done