Trubisky

Mongo3451

I came away with the exact opposite opinion of him. I haven't watched him before the Sun Bowl, but he seemed to have all the Cutler "playing traits". He has a great arm, can make all the throws, is mobile, but made a couple bad throws that ended up as INTs (one pick-6) where he couldn't read the defense. I actually think this game is going to make CLE pass on him.

from NFL.com:

On the first interception in the second quarter, he didn't see the backside safety while staring down his intended target. He needs to do a better job of reading the coverage while fielding the snap and anticipate where defenders could show up in passing lanes.

On Trubisky's second interception, he misread the coverage and tossed the ball directly to a Cardinal defender awaiting the receiver in the flat. Granted, most NFL quarterbacks are routinely fooled by late-moving coverage, but Trubisky's miscues will lead to concerns about his readiness for the pro game due to his low number of reps. As a one-year starter with only 13 career starts under his belt, he hasn't played enough to decipher pre-snap disguises immediately and that inexperience could prevent him from making an immediate contribution as a rookie starter.

Take a look at some of these clips: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2...l-score-results

To me, he looked just like Cutler. 2 TDs, 2 INTs, and a fumble lost leaves a lot to be desired.

He came into the game with 4 INTs, and those came in 2 games (2 each), both losses. So in losses, he threw 2 picks in 3 of 5 losses with an 8-6 TD-INT ratio, and in wins he was 22-0 TD-INT.

We will see what Watson does against Ohio St. tonight.

I came away with the exact opposite opinion of him. I haven't watched him before the Sun Bowl, but he seemed to have all the Cutler "playing traits". He has a great arm, can make all the throws, is mobile, but made a couple bad throws that ended up as INTs (one pick-6) where he couldn't read the defense. I actually think this game is going to make CLE pass on him.

from NFL.com:

Take a look at some of these clips: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2...l-score-results

To me, he looked just like Cutler. 2 TDs, 2 INTs, and a fumble lost leaves a lot to be desired.

He came into the game with 4 INTs, and those came in 2 games (2 each), both losses. So in losses, he threw 2 picks in 3 of 5 losses with an 8-6 TD-INT ratio, and in wins he was 22-0 TD-INT.

We will see what Watson does against Ohio St. tonight.

I think the biggest thing to be concerned with is his only one year of production. No QB with only one year of success has ever been a difference maker at the next level. I got that information listening to Greg Gabriel on the SCORE. He is a former scout and does analyze with the SCORE, and pro football weekly.

I think the biggest thing to be concerned with is his only one year of production. No QB with only one year of success has ever been a difference maker at the next level. I got that information listening to Greg Gabriel on the SCORE. He is a former scout and does analyze with the SCORE, and pro football weekly.

Definitely a concern, it will be interesting to see if he even comes out after that performance, or stays another year (to avoid Cleveland).

Add me to the anti-Trubisky camp. I was hesitant before, I'm more so hesitant after that game.

Limited reps.

Limited games.

Poor competition overall.

Doesn't do nearly as well against good competition.

That's a hell no at 3.

It will probably come down to a QB or pass rusher if we cannot trade down. I have a feeling Kizer will end up our target. However the draft goes if we stay at #3, we will get the top DE, OLB, or QB.

Add me to the anti-Trubisky camp. I was hesitant before, I'm more so hesitant after that game.

Limited reps.

Limited games.

Poor competition overall.

Doesn't do nearly as well against good competition.

That's a hell no at 3.

The top things scouts look for are: Athleticism, arm talent, pocket presence, football IQ, clutch factor and character.

Kid has all the tools. Yes, he lacks experience, but the rest is not much of a factor. Did you see the 97 yard drive with the game on the line? Dude was money, even after his receivers dropped sure TD'S.

The top things scouts look for are: Athleticism, arm talent, pocket presence, football IQ, clutch factor and character.

Kid has all the tools. Yes, he lacks experience, but the rest is not much of a factor. Did you see the 97 yard drive with the game on the line? Dude was money, even after his receivers dropped sure TD'S.

I wish I seen that game. If he declares, he should be in the mix. I liked some earlier video on him. The biggest thing in my books on a QB prospect is how they lead and how they learn if they have the other tools you state. I don't want the Bears to have FOBO, when it comes to making a decision.

I still like Trubisky 1st with Kizer as my 2nd choice. Neither is ready to play as a rookie. It's pretty obvious Trubisky's coaches screwed up by not putting him as the starter a year earlier instead deferring to a senior. I won't fault Trubiskly for kicking the crap out of lesser competition as I wish a Bears QB would do that once in a while. Then he struggles against better competition that he hasn't seen much of? The question is can he learn from it. I think he can. The physical tools are all there.

Kizer has the most physical talent and if a coach can get him to stop rushing his passes at times (where he seemingly doesn't step into his throws correctly), and learn to read a defense he'll have a very good career. The best thing for Kizer will be getting away from the mess that is Notre Dame football and Brian Kelly. He'll do just that as he prepares for the draft and I think he'll shine in workouts.

After tonight, Watson just removed himself from my list. After his 3 seasons of experience he's still playing inconsistently and making bad reads which doesn't bode well for his NFL career. He's just good enough to tease as a #2/starter in the NFL, and will probably have a long career as a #2. I have a feeling some team, or owner, will be impressed with the 31-0 victory over OSU and that'll make him a 1st Rd selection. I prefer a mid-round chance on Mahomes.

I still like Trubisky 1st with Kizer as my 2nd choice. Neither is ready to play as a rookie. It's pretty obvious Trubisky's coaches screwed up by not putting him as the starter a year earlier instead deferring to a senior. I won't fault Trubiskly for kicking the crap out of lesser competition as I wish a Bears QB would do that once in a while. Then he struggles against better competition that he hasn't seen much of? The question is can he learn from it. I think he can. The physical tools are all there.

Kizer has the most physical talent and if a coach can get him to stop rushing his passes at times (where he seemingly doesn't step into his throws correctly), and learn to read a defense he'll have a very good career. The best thing for Kizer will be getting away from the mess that is Notre Dame football and Brian Kelly. He'll do just that as he prepares for the draft and I think he'll shine in workouts.

After tonight, Watson just removed himself from my list. After his 3 seasons of experience he's still playing inconsistently and making bad reads which doesn't bode well for his NFL career. He's just good enough to tease as a #2/starter in the NFL, and will probably have a long career as a #2. I have a feeling some team, or owner, will be impressed with the 31-0 victory over OSU and that'll make him a 1st Rd selection. I prefer a mid-round chance on Mahomes.

No one questions that fact that Trubisky as a ton of talent. I think hes extremely raw though, which if you want to blame on his coaches for not playing him earlier that's a valid point. Completely agree with you on Watson. I think his weapons make him so much better than he really is. I was not impressed with him during yesterdays game. Kizer has problems that isn't on Notre Dame. His biggest problem is himself. He loves to improvise and many times it gets himself into trouble and putting the team at a disadvantage. Doesn't like to set his feet either like you mentioned. And you also just said that none of the 3 are probably ready to start week 1. So then the problem is do you really want to draft one of the 3 with a top 5 pick if they aren't able to start from day 1. Personally with a top 5 pick I think that pick needs to be able to start right away.