Choir Boys

akshaz

I've been a Bears fan a very long time. I'm on this board 5times a week. But I hardly ever post. But these last 24hrs have been crazy.

See….I remember the years without a QB. I remember going every year with 2-3 subpar QB's rotating the starting spot almost on a weekly basis. As horrible of a season Jay Cutler had last year, he is still the best QB available. We don't have one. I understand why they let him go to most Bears fan's applause. But what are we replacing him with???

Everyone hated Brandon Marshall, complained about Alshon and didn't like Bennett's abrasiveness. But, I think we all know our team would be far more competitive with them still on the roster, even with any potential locker-room issues.

Now we have our choir boys. I hope y'all enjoy.

I've been a Bears fan a very long time. I'm on this board 5times a week. But I hardly ever post. But these last 24hrs have been crazy.

See….I remember the years without a QB. I remember going every year with 2-3 subpar QB's rotating the starting spot almost on a weekly basis. As horrible of a season Jay Cutler had last year, he is still the best QB available. We don't have one. I understand why they let him go to most Bears fan's applause. But what are we replacing him with???

Everyone hated Brandon Marshall, complained about Alshon and didn't like Bennett's abrasiveness. But, I think we all know our team would be far more competitive with them still on the roster, even with any potential locker-room issues.

Agree. I've been saying it for a while.

I agree to an extent. We had all those guys on the field at the same time and what did we get? The first year we had the 2nd best offense in the league. The second year with the same group, we dropped to 23rd. Same guys, completely different result.

Cutler was actually released with a failed physical designation, so his health is questionable. The Bears replaced Cutler with Glennon, who, at worst will be similar to a Kyle Orton clone with a littler more arm strength.

There is a reason Marshall is on his 5th team (and 3rd in 4 years), and has never played in the postseason.

Bennett is a head-case, and coincidentally is also going to be playing for his 5th team in the last 7 years.

Alshon has been babied and was offended when Marshall was traded. He was never the same after that and seemed destined to leave when given the opportunity. His last good year was 2014 and his PED suspension last year raises concerns that he will either be not as good w/o PEDs, or using them and get caught again. I think it would've been better if we re-signed him to a one-year deal, but if we can pickup Pryor, I won't have any complaints.

In the end, this was the final step to the house cleaning for the organization.

I agree to an extent. We had all those guys on the field at the same time and what did we get? The first year we had the 2nd best offense in the league. The second year with the same group, we dropped to 23rd. Same guys, completely different result.

Cutler was actually released with a failed physical designation, so his health is questionable. The Bears replaced Cutler with Glennon, who, at worst will be similar to a Kyle Orton clone with a littler more arm strength.

There is a reason Marshall is on his 5th team (and 3rd in 4 years), and has never played in the postseason.

Bennett is a head-case, and coincidentally is also going to be playing for his 5th team in the last 7 years.

Alshon has been babied and was offended when Marshall was traded. He was never the same after that and seemed destined to leave when given the opportunity. His last good year was 2014 and his PED suspension last year raises concerns that he will either be not as good w/o PEDs, or using them and get caught again. I think it would've been better if we re-signed him to a one-year deal, but if we can pickup Pryor, I won't have any complaints.

Well said sir.

This 100%.

Peace :dabears

I third that.

Yeah, but what are we replacing them with?? Kevin White???? Jameis Winston's backup??

Cutler had bad seasons because we couldn't find adequate coaching to maximize his talents. Gase did well, but we couldn't keep him. There are more guys like that out there, they just don't work for the Bears.