Someone sell me, please

jason

I keep seeing mocks and discussion that list OJ Howard as a possible pick. I just can't see it. In fact, it borderline pisses me off.

As far as I'm aware, #3 would be the highest drafted TE ever. On top of that, many are saying this is the deepest TE class ever.

A top-5 pick on OJ Howard makes so little sense it's baffling.

So please, anyone, convince me why it's remotely a smart idea.

Can't help either would not like that pick either. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in all these mocks. They are interesting to look at but I don't think we take OJ at #3. It think our odds of a QB at 3 (or trade down for one) are better than a TE. I would bet it would be between Thomas, Allen, or Adams.

Can't help either would not like that pick either. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in all these mocks. They are interesting to look at but I don't think we take OJ at #3. It think our odds of a QB at 3 (or trade down for one) are better than a TE. I would bet it would be between Thomas, Allen, or Adams.

The Bears have met with Howard and also Engram, which may mean they go TE early.

They have also spent the most time out of anybody with Deshone Kizer.

They have not met with Jamal Adams at all as of today.

I keep seeing mocks and discussion that list OJ Howard as a possible pick. I just can't see it. In fact, it borderline pisses me off.

As far as I'm aware, #3 would be the highest drafted TE ever. On top of that, many are saying this is the deepest TE class ever.

I can't. It's stupid. But isn't it almost as stupid as drafting a corner or safety at #3? I'd include running back and OG--but we are not in the market for either of those positions.

Okay here I go, Allen, Hooker, Lattimore has some potential injury issues going forward, so we should probably assume Pace does not want to have another White situation.

Garrett and Thomas probably wont be there.

Most people think no matter how good a player he is but drafting a S like Adams is foolish.

so that leaves us with who is the next most impactful players in this draft?

Were not going to draft Fournette, we have Howard.

Williams or Davis would be considered not a value at that spot but do you think after taking White two years ago we're going to throw our top pick in that basket?

The OTs are not rated as plums for that high in the draft.

The QBs are not rated that high when it comes to value by most people.

So do we draft Watson? if the regime does not think he is a franchise type, possible but not probable.

So do we draft a 20th rated player at OT, Robinson , Bolles, I doubt it.

O.J. Howard will be an all pro and would have the biggest impact on the team as a rookie.

Okay here I go, Allen, Hooker, Lattimore has some potential injury issues going forward, so we should probably assume Pace does not want to have another White situation.

Williams or Davis would be considered not a value at that spot but do you think after taking White two years ago we're going to throw our top pick in that basket?

So do we draft Watson? if the regime does not think he is a franchise type, possible but not probable.

O.J. Howard will be an all pro and would have the biggest impact on the team as a rookie that's left over.

You draft him to confuse defenses with Jordan Howard in the backfield. The LBs won't know which Howard to cover, so expect a lot of missed assignments and blown coverages. You have OJ wear 88 or 83 and Jordan wear either 38 or 33 which will confuse the defenses even more. Then you have OJ go by his middle name and you have J. Howard on two jerseys, JUST THINK OF THE CONFUSION!

Realistically, TE is such an important mismatch position going right now. Probably the most important one on offense besides LOT and QB.

If you think Howard is a Kelce or Gronk you take him at three.

I can get behind either scenario and feel better about it than dealing with all the injury question marks or S at three.

3: Howard

36: Kizer / Mahoomes

Or

3: Watson

36: Engram

Realistically, TE is such an important mismatch position going right now. Probably the most important one on offense besides LOT and QB.

If you think Howard is a Kelce or Gronk you take him at three.

I can get behind either scenario and feel better about it than dealing with all the injury question marks or S at three.

3: Howard

36: Kizer / Mahoomes

Or

3: Watson

36: Engram

NE won the Super Bowl without Gronk. TE is not more important than RB or WR1 or any position on the OLine.

NE won the Super Bowl without Gronk. TE is not more important than RB or WR1 or any position on the OLine.

When you have a Elliot, or a Julio Jones, the best players become the best chest piece on any offense. With a team without a #1 WR he would be very impactful for the offense. Howard could becomes a viable choice if you are taking the BPA when you question other high pick choices.

Most people think no matter how good a player he is but drafting a S like Adams is foolish.

O.J. Howard will be an all pro and would have the biggest impact on the team as a rookie.

That's about as good as anyone is going to do. Good job. But I still can't buy into it.

If the draft starts off Garrett and Thomas, then I think the Bears simply choose between Allen (minor injury concern) and Adams (minor position concern). Either one make way more sense than a one-year TE at the #3 pick.

You draft him to confuse defenses with Jordan Howard in the backfield. The LBs won't know which Howard to cover, so expect a lot of missed assignments and blown coverages. You have OJ wear 88 or 83 and Jordan wear either 38 or 33 which will confuse the defenses even more. Then you have OJ go by his middle name and you have J. Howard on two jerseys, JUST THINK OF THE CONFUSION!

That's hilarious! You could line them both up in the backfield on gadget plays just to cause more confusion!

That's about as good as anyone is going to do. Good job. But I still can't buy into it.

If the draft starts off Garrett and Thomas, then I think the Bears simply choose between Allen (minor injury concern) and Adams (minor position concern). Either one make way more sense than a one-year TE at the #3 pick.

I agree , our choice will be one of them, but if there is a surprise pick, it may be Howard at #3 or in a move down.