The "Let's Help Trubisky"-Mock Draft

jason

Your score is: 19201 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:

***Moved down 2 spots for a 2nd, why not.***

Round 1 Pick 10 (WASH): Connor Williams, OT, Texas (A+)

My first thought is to go with Orlando Brown, but realistically he will be a RT in the NFL. If we have a shot at a lock down LT, I prefer to go that route. Leno is not terrible, but the stronger the oline the easier it is for Trubisky/Howard/Cohen. To be honest, seeing another "Williams OT" again on a Bears draft board makes me cringe a little.

Round 2 Pick 10 (WASH): Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)

Not technically a need, but he was by far the BPA. Amos is actually performing well, this pick will help elevate him more or insurance.

***Didn't see what I wanted at 8, so traded down to 19 and gained a 3rd.***

Round 2 Pick 19 (DET): Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/OLB, Kansas (B+)

With Floyd on one side and another flashy edge rusher on the other, the Bears can rattle QB's into INT's or sacks. I don't think Armstrong will last this late. He will be raw, but his speed is unteachable.

Round 3 Pick 19 (DET): Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (A+)

This guy has hands, runs good routes, and can run after the catch. Looking for our own Antonio Brown and Miller is my version this draft.

Round 4 Pick 8: Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford (A+)

Good size and family traits, son of NFL coach Ron Meeks. Seems like a tough defender Chicago would like that can also take away the ball.

Round 4 Pick 13: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State (A+)

Lack of QB hurt his production, but a quick wideout that can stretch the field, return kicks. He does have trouble getting separation, but with proper coaching, he can improve on that.

Round 5 Pick 8: Tyrell Crosby, OT/G, Oregon (A)

I love digging into the Oregon Ducks for linemen anymore. Crosby plays LT at Oregon, but will be a better fit inside at G or RT. The Right side could potentially be C-Grasu, RG-Long, RT-Crosby? With Williams LT and Whitehair LG

Round 6 Pick 8: Porter Gustin, OLB, Southern California (A-)

Strong enough to set the edge in run defense and decent speed to rush the pass. He will most likely be long gone here, he compares a lot to Clay Matthews, so I'd imagine GB snags him.

Round 7 Pick 8: Justin Yoon, K, Notre Dame (A+)

Need to find a long term solution at K.

I like it, but I'd rather not see SS early. That should be, IMHO, the first WR or the second OL.

I don't like SS either, but it is the website and best available compared to needs I liked. That is why I traded down, as much as I didn't want to again so it was more realistic.

Actually I think that would be a good pick for the simple fact, FAgency has a lot of good CBs out there, Trumaine Johnson, or Melvin Jenkins. We are going to need to spend money and will get a couple of WRs, and with no good options in the OLine or at OLB, I think we can resign Prince or Fuller and then grab (again) a CB. Put them with 2 young safeties and Amos as depth, I think that puts us in a better spot. Also I think we may go pass rusher in the first and grab a O. Brown or Kolton Miller with the second pick. I really like what I here about Miller, mean streak and very physical. Because we signed Leno to a long term deal, I think we fill the RT spot first and then grab a OT to bring along and take Leno's spot in one or two years when cutting him would be more cap friendly. Leno is very average, but if the other 4 spots are strong can be managed on the LT spot.

Right now we have to fix the O-Line. Massie has to be one of the lowest rated RT's in the league. A league average player upgrades that position. After that, Trubisky needs someone on the outside that can get open. We can't trust that will ever be Meredith or White. If they end up producing, then we will be even better, but right now, outside of Wright (who is arguably a WR3), we have no one. Inman is serviceable, but again, he is a fringe WR3/4.

So I have no issues going OL and WR in the first few rounds. The picks may not fall perfectly to execute that, but we need an impact player as a top 10 pick. The production from missing White has been clearly felt. You can't miss on a 1st rounder.

Pace's last draft looks like a slam dunk with Trubisky, Shaheen, Jackson, and Cohen. If he can do that again on the OL, WR, DB, and front-7.

In 2016, he hit on Floyd, Whitehair, and Howard. However, I would like to see more out of Bullard as a low 3rd rounder.

The fact that 3 QBs and Barkley could go in the top 10 really helps us (either trade down or get someone we want).

Right now we have to fix the O-Line. Massie has to be one of the lowest rated RT's in the league. A league average player upgrades that position. After that, Trubisky needs someone on the outside that can get open. We can't trust that will ever be Meredith or White. If they end up producing, then we will be even better, but right now, outside of Wright (who is arguably a WR3), we have no one. Inman is serviceable, but again, he is a fringe WR3/4.

So I have no issues going OL and WR in the first few rounds. The picks may not fall perfectly to execute that, but we need an impact player as a top 10 pick. The production from missing White has been clearly felt. You can't miss on a 1st rounder.

Pace's last draft looks like a slam dunk with Trubisky, Shaheen, Jackson, and Cohen. If he can do that again on the OL, WR, DB, and front-7.

In 2016, he hit on Floyd, Whitehair, and Howard. However, I would like to see more out of Bullard as a low 3rd rounder.

The fact that 3 QBs and Barkley could go in the top 10 really helps us (either trade down or get someone we want).

I honestly feel like this entire draft should be OL, WR, DE, OLB. That's it. Unless something ridiculous like Sam Darnold falling into the third round happens.

Right now the Bears could trade the 8th to Buffalo for their two 1st round picks (right now 17 & 25?), and the Bears would likely only have to throw in a 3rd (which they don't have). So assuming they give a 2019 third rounder, this is what I'd do at the moment.

1.17 - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma - LT of the future

1.25 - Taven Bryan, 3-4DE, Florida - He'd be a huge upgrade. Good burst at the snap.

2 - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State - Lightning in a bottle, #1 threat

4 - Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T - Tarik Cohen gives the Bears inside knowledge and he gets his old running mate.

4 - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, 3-4OLB, Oklahoma - Explosive. If he were taller, he'd be first day.

5 -

, 3-4OLB, Georgia - Potential to be a great edge setter, great lateral quickness, underrated

6 - Nik Needham, CB, UTEP - Good size, should probably be rated higher.

7 - Pick'em - Find a talent with red flags.

Right now the Bears could trade the 8th to Buffalo for their two 1st round picks (right now 17 & 25?), and the Bears would likely only have to throw in a 3rd (which they don't have). So assuming they give a 2019 third rounder, this is what I'd do at the moment.

1.17 - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma - LT of the future

1.25 - Taven Bryan, 3-4DE, Florida - He'd be a huge upgrade. Good burst at the snap.

2 - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State - Lightning in a bottle, #1 threat

4 - Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T - Tarik Cohen gives the Bears inside knowledge and he gets his old running mate.

4 - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, 3-4OLB, Oklahoma - Explosive. If he were taller, he'd be first day.

5 -

, 3-4OLB, Georgia - Potential to be a great edge setter, great lateral quickness, underrated

6 - Nik Needham, CB, UTEP - Good size, should probably be rated higher.

7 - Pick'em - Find a talent with red flags.

I like the draft but have been checking out players for the last month and have only seen Walters Football that has him being picked 31 as a DT. Matt Miller doesnt have him in his top 50 and GBNDR has him ranked 56th in their top 100. It still has to play out but so far he seems more like a second round pick that a back end first rounder.

I like the draft but have been checking out players for the last month and have only seen Walters Football that has him being picked 31 as a DT. Matt Miller doesnt have him in his top 50 and GBNDR has him ranked 56th in their top 100. It still has to play out but so far he seems more like a second round pick that a back end first rounder.

To all of you that miss A. Jeffery, look at his numbers this year:

Alshon Jeffery 56 118 781 13.9 9

On a team with so many injuries and bad players,. we definitely could have used him but his numbers are pedestrian other than the TDs.

those numbers are what good #2s get in the league. I will give him cudos for the 9 TDs but he was not worth a big contract.

On a team that is lined up average WRs he wasnt even the best receiver on his team, a TE was. He was third in receptions.

RECEIVING

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM FUML YAC 1DN

Zach Ertz 72 108 800 11.1 8 53 7 61.5 1 1 210 45

Alshon Jeffery 56 118 781 13.9 9 53 8 52.1 0 0 220 44

Nelson Agholor 59 92 757 12.8 8 72 9 50.5 0 0 287 35

Torrey Smith 36 66 430 11.9 2 59 6 28.7 0 0 120 11

Trey Burton 22 28 239 10.9 5 27 2 17.1 0 0 27 14

Mack Hollins 13 17 201 15.5 1 64 3 13.4 0 0 45 8

Corey Clement

To all of you that miss A. Jeffery, look at his numbers this year:

Alshon Jeffery 56 118 781 13.9 9

On a team with so many injuries and bad players,. we definitely could have used him but his numbers are pedestrian other than the TDs.

those numbers are what good #2s get in the league. I will give him cudos for the 9 TDs but he was not worth a big contract.

On a team that is lined up average WRs he wasnt even the best receiver on his team, a TE was. He was third in receptions.

RECEIVING

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM FUML YAC 1DN

Zach Ertz 72 108 800 11.1 8 53 7 61.5 1 1 210 45

Alshon Jeffery 56 118 781 13.9 9 53 8 52.1 0 0 220 44

Nelson Agholor 59 92 757 12.8 8 72 9 50.5 0 0 287 35

Torrey Smith 36 66 430 11.9 2 59 6 28.7 0 0 120 11

Trey Burton 22 28 239 10.9 5 27 2 17.1 0 0 27 14

Mack Hollins 13 17 201 15.5 1 64 3 13.4 0 0 45 8

Corey Clement

And look at Alshon's catch %. 56 catches out of 118 targets?! :puke