Toub Rumor

lemonej

This whole thing has not gone as expected and Toub makes sense with him being on staff with Nagy at KC.

Another interesting tidbit I heard while listening to David Kaplan on ESPN Radio AM !000 during an interview with Brad Childress about Nagy. Evidently his interview with the Bears was a lot more comfortable than his interview with the Colts even though Ballard has a history with Nagy at KC. Speculation is Irsay got more involved than he should have and Pace had the lead in the Bears process.

This whole thing has not gone as expected and Toub makes sense with him being on staff with Nagy at KC.

Another interesting tidbit I heard while listening to David Kaplan on ESPN Radio AM !000 during an interview with Brad Childress about Nagy. Evidently his interview with the Bears was a lot more comfortable than his interview with the Colts even though Ballard has a history with Nagy at KC. Speculation is Irsay got more involved than he should have and Pace had the lead in the Bears process.

Wow that's surprising that Ted and George let pace run the show

Wow that's surprising that Ted and George let pace run the show

Sources have said that Ted Phillips didn't know the deal was finalized that night at the dinner that involved only Pace,his wife and Nagy and his wife. None of this has been confirmed but so far all the tidbits have slowly but surely have checked out.

Yeah there was an interview Nagy gave, can’t remember who (Joniak?), where he said he got a call from Pace on Saturday about the KC loss. Apparently the interview was set up for Saturday in KC. Pace said he watched the game from his hotel room and after seeing KC lose called to tell Nagy that if he needed more time to deal with the loss he could wait to do the interview later. Nagy said that empathy or understanding from Pace went a long way with him in deciding where to go.

Pace later added that they ‘went off script’ while doing the interview and at that dinner got to know each other a little more personally. As Jonaik put it; it is a ‘Kumby-ya’ type relationship.

Gotta say I like what I’m hearing so far.

While I would be exstatic with Toub, supposedly there is zero truth to Toub being headed to Chicago. Would be amazing but only way I could maybe see it happening is if he became the Assistant head coach or dare I say it OC. And I could almost argue if he was ever going to try being the OC, this would be the situation since he'd be working for a guy who would be calling the plays, etc (and thus not all the real OC responsibilities would fall on him). Even then I don't see it happening.

And in all circumstances Reid would have to be okay. So bottom line, unless Reid is getting let go in KC, Toub isn't coming here. I also saw a report that Reid evidently has a verbal agreement with all of his assistants that if they take another job they aren't allowed to "poach" coaches without his permission and people historically follow that practice. Reid's reputation across the industry is a guy who goes out of his way to help his assistants as they transition into new head coaching gigs (and that includes helping them get good assistants through Reid's vast network, etc).

Even Nagy referenced that fact in yesterday's conference where he mentioned he wouldn't let Andy Reid down by failing.

While I would be exstatic with Toub, supposedly there is zero truth to Toub being headed to Chicago. Would be amazing but only way I could maybe see it happening is if he became the Assistant head coach or dare I say it OC. And I could almost argue if he was ever going to try being the OC, this would be the situation since he'd be working for a guy who would be calling the plays, etc (and thus not all the real OC responsibilities would fall on him). Even then I don't see it happening.

Don’t you “dare say it”! Lololo🤪

But I think you’re right, wouldn’t make much sense for Toub to leave where he’s currently at.

It sure would be awesome if we not only retained Fangio but also managed to bring back Toub. It would require Reid being ok with Toub leaving which wouldn't be impossible but highly unlikely. I don't see Reid letting go his OC and ST coaches and having to restock. Reid can call plays on offense so finding an OC for him won't be as hard. But Toub is special the guy brings special teams magic wherever he goes. That's a rare thing and I'm sure Reid is aware of how valuable great special teams are. That said if Pace were to pull this off that would be a tremendous start to the offseason.

Edit: should have read the Coaching staff thread first lol Tabor it is.

It sure would be awesome if we not only retained Fangio but also managed to bring back Toub. It would require Reid being ok with Toub leaving which wouldn't be impossible but highly unlikely. I don't see Reid letting go his OC and ST coaches and having to restock. Reid can call plays on offense so finding an OC for him won't be as hard. But Toub is special the guy brings special teams magic wherever he goes. That's a rare thing and I'm sure Reid is aware of how valuable great special teams are. That said if Pace were to pull this off that would be a tremendous start to the offseason.

I bet nagy talked to toub about who he would recommend which is how he decided to go with Tabor. Also speaks volumes about Tabor and his work that he out lasted 4 gms and like 3 or 4 HCs out in Cleveland.

I bet nagy talked to toub about who he would recommend which is how he decided to go with Tabor. Also speaks volumes about Tabor and his work that he out lasted 4 gms and like 3 or 4 HCs out in Cleveland.
Completely agree. If I were someone coming in to take over the putrid Browns, I'd fire everyone without much thought. Kinda like Walking Tall.

The fact that he made it through that much change speaks volumes.

Completely agree. If I were someone coming in to take over the putrid Browns, I'd fire everyone without much thought. Kinda like Walking Tall.

The fact that he made it through that much change speaks volumes.

I honestly can't think of any coordinator who has ever outlasted that much choas

So bottom line, unless Reid is getting let go in KC, Toub isn't coming here. I also saw a report that Reid evidently has a verbal agreement with all of his assistants that if they take another job they aren't allowed to "poach" coaches without his permission and people historically follow that practice. Reid's reputation across the industry is a guy who goes out of his way to help his assistants as they transition into new head coaching gigs (and that includes helping them get good assistants through Reid's vast network, etc).

Even Nagy referenced that fact in yesterday's conference where he mentioned he wouldn't let Andy Reid down by failing.

this says volumes about andy reid as a 'coach' and a human being with integrity and ethics in his profession.

compare that to belly and the pats and their win-at-all-costs even if you have to lie, cheat and steal to do it.

whether nagy turns out or not at least we don't have that stigma nailed to the front door of our franchise like mcdaniels would have brought with him.

That does speak volumes that he in all the turmoil that is the Browns he was the one constant that just kept doing his job and doing it well. I would bet too that Nagy reached out to Toub possibly in part to gauge interest in Toub coming back here and to get his input, he's worked with Dave so I'm sure was glad to make some recommendations.

this says volumes about andy reid as a 'coach' and a human being with integrity and ethics in his profession.

compare that to belly and the pats and their win-at-all-costs even if you have to lie, cheat and steal to do it.

whether nagy turns out or not at least we don't have that stigma nailed to the front door of our franchise like mcdaniels would have brought with him.

Exactly and this process has only increased my respect for Reid. He goes out of his way to help his guys move up and succeed. That in itself makes coaches want to work for and with him. I'm glad Nagy has had that as his example early in his career. These things mean a lot to coaches especially new ones learning the ropes to know that your boss is for you and wants you to excel even if that means the fruit of that labor is harvested elsewhere. Seems that that is part of how Reid measures personal success passing on what he's learned.

^^^This^^^ :headbang