NFL Draft - Day 1 Thread

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These may be famous last words, but of all the top defensive players, there really isn't a guy that is on the list of possible Bears picks at 8, who I really strongly don't want to draft.  This is unique to most years where there are always a few guys that I want to stay away from (or possible positions, etc).  Probably famous last words but about the only move that would irritate me is if we drafted wideout at 8 or reached on some ILB who wasn't one of the top 4 or 5 names we've already discussed here on the board.  

Some reports out there that Baker Mayfield expected to go #1 to the Browns. In addition, Josh Allen has a crisis going on related to tweets dating back from high-school (which just surfaced).  Between Mayfield going at 1 and Allen having to do massive damage control...it could create for a big shift in the top of the draft vs. what most everyone was thinking.  

7 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

These may be famous last words, but of all the top defensive players, there really isn't a guy that is on the list of possible Bears picks at 8, who I really strongly don't want to draft.  This is unique to most years where there are always a few guys that I want to stay away from (or possible positions, etc).  Probably famous last words but about the only move that would irritate me is if we drafted wideout at 8 or reached on some ILB who wasn't one of the top 4 or 5 names we've already discussed here on the board.  

Im feeling the same way this year. Lot's of good defensive playmakers will be available to choose from no matter what happens.

2 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

That my friends should drop Chubb or Nelson to 8 because someone is taking Rosen or Allen.  

yup, or if one QB goes and both Nelson and Chubb go, we have trade offers