I knew it was to good to be true.

OmahaBear

Two bad play calls killed us.  3rd from the 29 and we run a fake run to the right and throw back to Dion Sims on the left.  Dix tackles him short of the line.  We have Howard - run the ball.  3rd down and 2 from the 13 of the pack.  Trubisky rolls right and throws an incomplete pass.  We have Howard - run the ball. 

I was very encouraged with some of the things I saw.  Hopefully, Nagy learns from tonight. 

Peace

14 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Two bad play calls killed us.  3rd from the 29 and we run a fake run to the right and throw back to Dion Sims on the left.  Dix tackles him short of the line.  We have Howard - run the ball.  3rd down and 2 from the 13 of the pack.  Trubisky rolls right and throws an incomplete pass.  We have Howard - run the ball. 

I was very encouraged with some of the things I saw.  Hopefully, Nagy learns from tonight. 

Peace

Agree with you. The loss stunk but I feel better vs worse about the franchise after today. I believe. Wait until Mack and Smith are in shape and used to the guys and the club is off of Floyd. Plus as the offense continues to grow it will get better too. 

That was as bad of a loss against GB as I can ever recall. The NFC Championship was certainly more critical—and there have been numerous other bad losses over the past decade—but the fact that they were up 20-0 late in the 3rd quarter and still found a way to lose that game is so Bears I don't even know what else to say. I mean, you had every bad thing that could have possibly happened that lead to the inevitable loss when Nagy refuses to run the ball on 3rd and 1 that likely would have sealed the game. Then you have the Kyle Fuller dropped INT, which is then immediately followed by the Randle Cobb 75 yard touchdown that always seems to occur when the Bears are in a do or die situation.

It's just hard to picture any other way the Bears could have drawn up a worse scenario than the way they lost that game tonight. I thought the playcalling on both sides was horrendous. After the scripted play sequence was over for the offense, they basically did nothing the rest of the game. On defense, I have no idea what the hell Vic Fangio was doing. How do you continue to let Rodgers pick you apart in the short passing game when it's obvious he can't move anymore? 

You can't score 1 touchdown on offense and expect to win at GB. But by the same token, you also can't find a way to lose a game on defense by giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter after being up 20 to freakin zero until the end of the 3rd quarter.

Predictable insanity is what I would call it. What can go wrong will always go wrong against GB. They will always have the Bears number until they can find a competent starting quarterback that doesn't shit their pants when the going gets tough. Disapointed the way Trubisky looked out there. He does not look like a 2nd overall pick should look like. His lack of awareness is extremely concerning for a guy with his supposed pedigree. He missed some wide open guys down the field on numerous occasions, and even in situations where he saw the open man, he still made some very inaccurate throws that you just can't make. He's got a loooooong way to go.

If there is any silver lining, it's that Khalil Mack is incredible, and it's unlikely that we will ever see another game, health notwithstanding, where Roquan Smith and Khalil are missing many snaps moving forward. Kwiatkowski's days as a starter have to be over, because he isn't any good.

3 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Peace

3 hours ago, Connorbear said:

There are some details in a few plays that are really going to frustrate the players when they watch the film.  Sometimes it was easy missed blocks (Whitehair, Long) and of course the most obvious is Sims coming back behind the 1st down marker for that catch.  There are quite a few people picking the Packers to go to the Superbowl.  If that's the standard then we've made a lot of progress but don't mistake that for meaning we've arrived.  I think the talent gap is largely closed.  Now it's a question of getting the offense in sync and of course we need to get Roquan and Mack out there together.   

I live and die with our wins, do I get angry, no, just feel bad. Very excited after the first half, but when I seen Rodgers come back in, I knew this was going to be close game. Their is a handful of plays that turned the game. If we just got one of them that went our way, we would have won the game. We are very close. 

Many are saying this is the same old shit. It is not even close.

Our defense will be dominate in a couple of weeks. 

Nagy will make some mistakes but I believe he will improve on his play calling.

MT is going to be good and bad , that will take some time but with the improvement of the rest of the offense, his learning curve will be much quicker.

The lost is the only thing that is SOS, be patient its coming sooner than we may expect.

You're right Stinger, it's not the same. They are a different team and they actually looked like a pro football team in the first half.  What remains the same is the frustration, but after that and the Irish whiskey wore off,  it's easier to see the progress.  Last year we wouldn't have even hoped for a victory or got excited about what we were seeing in a half of football.  One day this team will be mature and experienced and I'm sure the results will be different.  At the very least, Rodgers can't play forever.  😁

I agree with stinger as well,  In the heat of the moment we went from a high excitement level at halftime seeing our Bears offense resemble a legit offense and our D playing at an elite level. It felt like the realization of our hopes of what the team could look like.  That made the second half collapse even harder to take to go from that high to such a low seeing that game slip away in the 4th quarter.  So at the time that's what we tend to focus on.  As the dust has settled, we can compare this game in it's entirety to last few years of boring, predictable "offense" handicapped by lack of receiving talent, creativity in play calling, and a top 10 D that did all they could to try and keep us in games while the offense did next to nothing.  We hung with a GB team at their house that many have high expectations for come post season.  In fact we dominated them for an entire half, we got conservative in the second half, and were it not for a big comeback from the Packers in the late 3rd/4th quarter we would have walked away a winner.  We really were one or two plays here or there that would have netted us a win on the road in a tough place to play.  It's a tough loss to take cause it was there for the taking.   Last years Bears wouldn't have been in that game to begin with. So we have come a long way.  Still have a long way to go.  D is understandably closer to being what we'd hoped they'd be than the offense.  On offense there are many new faces, new scheme, new staff.   Both the staff and the players have to take this as a learning tool.  And it should make them angry that they let one slip away.  Perhaps they got a little too comfortable/satisfied at halftime and weren't as mentally prepared to play the second half as they should have been.  But it should serve as a reminder that they have work to do to get to where they want to be.  But as a fan I saw reason to be encouraged when I don't let one horrific quarter of football cloud my judgement.