Lions at Bears Official Game Thread (Sun, Nov 11, 12:00 PM CST/FOX/Bears -7, O/U 44.5)

adam

Bears at home, favored by a TD, Lions coming in at 3-5 and having lost two straight. This will come down to which Detroit team and Matt Backwards Hat Stafford show up. This team beat GB, NE, and MIA (all the teams we lost to) and lost to MIN, SF, NYJ, SEA, and DAL. So I have a feeling that this game will be a little closer than expected.

For the Bears, it marks a string of Divisional games that will ultimately decide the fate of the season. This is sort of one of the must wins, at home, a divisional game, with a fractional lead in the Division race and last WC spot. 

If Mack and Robinson are back, I say it will be a solid win (30-17), and without them, I still think we squeak out a closer game 27-24.

Detroit is jeckyl & hyde. They can be good and they can be bad. Who knows who shows up, but the fact that they got crushed a week ago is probably a bad thing and I'd suspect they come out and play a pretty good game against the Bears. I'm glad we are at home for this one cause that advantage might be the difference in the ballgame.  

This is one of those hard to predict games.  Having Robinson and Mack back at full would be huge.  Detroit started out the season playing much better but as of late just don't look right.  That doesn't mean they won't come out swinging.  The Bears have to prepare for the team that beat GB, NE, and MIA.   But the teams they beat we were a play away from beating GB, a defensive stop away from beating Miami, and a yard from forcing OT against the Pats.  I feel like this should be a win, but not one we can take for granted.  We need to hold nothing back these next three games.  Win them and we are seriously talking playoffs, lose 2 or 3 of them and making the playoffs becomes much tougher.  

My feeling for this game is similar to most everyone else.  The offense will do enough to score once maybe twice but the D will kick into gear and end up winning the game.  After its all said and done though, I get this funny  feeling in this next 11 days the Bears will have a 2-1 record to show for it.  For some reason I feel like the second Detroit game (on Thanksgiving) won't play to the Bears favor. 

The Power rankings currently have the Bears at 10 and the Vikings at 8 so I'm not sure how well the Bears will do that Sunday night but feel because they'll be home it'll play in their favor.  So far all the home games the Bears have played haven't looked all that bad, including the loss to NE.

One huge thing for us, no Tate. He kills us with drive extending 3rd Down receptions. That has to come from Jones or Golladay which they are not known for.  Their last game was the first game without him and Stafford didn't have his safety valve and he got crushed. So we will see. That is a huge loss for them. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

My feeling for this game is similar to most everyone else.  The offense will do enough to score once maybe twice but the D will kick into gear and end up winning the game.  After its all said and done though, I get this funny  feeling in this next 11 days the Bears will have a 2-1 record to show for it.  For some reason I feel like the second Detroit game (on Thanksgiving) won't play to the Bears favor. 

The Power rankings currently have the Bears at 10 and the Vikings at 8 so I'm not sure how well the Bears will do that Sunday night but feel because they'll be home it'll play in their favor.  So far all the home games the Bears have played haven't looked all that bad, including the loss to NE.

We have to take care of business at home and in the division. 

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I agree the second Det game will be our downfall.

10 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I agree the second Det game will be our downfall.

And you know the more I think of it; it’s probably because of the 11 day / three game schedule that could catch up to them.  And they are traveling to a Detroit for that third game. Just seems like a lot stacked against them. 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And you know the more I think of it; it’s probably because of the 11 day / three game schedule that could catch up to them.  And they are traveling to a Detroit for that third game. Just seems like a lot stacked against them. 

They need to worry about 1 game at a time.  Win this one and move on. 

Peace

1 minute ago, adam said:

Wow what a start, Trubisky is 12-13 for 206 yds and 2 TD's with a perfect passer rating. Bears up 19-0 due to 2x missed XP's by Parkey.

Defense has only allowed 3 first downs and 41 total yards so far. 

158 pr. Getting great protection. That G Wentzman playing great. Looks like another great pick up by Pace 

9 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Mason Crosby did the same thing about 4 weeks ago.  No need to overreact.  Address in the offseason if necessary. 

Peace

Yes. We may well need a kicker to win a game for us, so I hope they fix whatever is wrong with Parkey now, or get us a kicker next season that can produce.