Trubisky Has Right Shoulder Injury

DABEARSDABOMB

19 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Yeah, I don't think Daniel is very good. He can certainly win the game, but defense and others are going to have to play. He knows where to throw the ball to, so from that standpoint that is okay, but he just doesn't have near the skillset as Mitch.  

I actually think Daniel is pretty good, given the right system. I think he could flourish in the current system we have, kind of like Alex Smith looked in the KC offense. Without the KC offense, Alex Smith is Alex Smith. And put a great talent in an offense like that, and someone like Patrick Mahomes torches the league.

Well if there were a game to let Mitch rest and heal this would be it.   I feel like the D will be all over the Lions.  Chase will just need to manage the game.  He's very familiar with the offensive system.  As long as he can take care of the ball and keep drives going.  The offense may not have to put up a lot of points.  The Lions are very short handed.  They are coming off a win but more like a game the Panther's gave away.  There will be a revenge factor as they won't want to be swept and especially beat twice in 11 days by the Bears.  Patricia will have them fired up to start the game we just need to remind them how bad they suck.

I wonder if, having won 3 of 3 divisional games, and how well Chase played after he got some rhythm, whether Trubisky might sit another week. It might not be a bad idea. Then get him a full week of practice before the Rams?

10 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I wonder if, having won 3 of 3 divisional games, and how well Chase played after he got some rhythm, whether Trubisky might sit another week. It might not be a bad idea. Then get him a full week of practice before the Rams?

I think it will depend on how he feels. If there is any pain, then there is no point to risk it.

5 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I hope we don't have to sit Mitch and he's 100%. I think Schefter reported there is a possibility Mitch isn't ready this week.  

Actually, it looks like things are looking better. Also, I don't think they make a call until Wednesday once they start practicing for the Giants game. So we still have a couple of more days of treatment. Today is the 8th day since the injury, so you would hope by Day 10 that he would be near 100%.