Trubisky Has Right Shoulder Injury

DABEARSDABOMB

Trubisky listed on injury report with a right shoulder injury. Hopefully he is okay / injury is minor.  Evidently it happened after the late hit near the end of the game.  He joins Lynch and Shaheen on the injury report as the two of them are both in concussion protocol. Given the short week, I presume there is a good chance Shaheen/Lynch are out this week.  Hopefully everything is good with Mitch!  

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Vikings sure took a lot of cheap shots. They strike me as a bit of a dirty team. 

A bit?   It was pretty classless group on the field for the Vikings with all the late hits and shoves out of bounds.  They were clearly trying to bully the Bears but it didn't work.  In the past I have liked Harrison Smith but after this game he's off my list of respectable players.  That hit on Trubisky was late and clearly leading with the helmet.  It should cost him at least $10k and hopefully more.   

In watching the replay and if in fact it was the late hit when Trubisky hurt his shoulder, it might have been him jamming his right arm/elbow into the ground while being hit.  As Trub starts to make the slide he goes to put his right hand down and is hit on his left shoulder knocking him into the ground with force.  He gets up from that a bit gingerly.  Later he tries to throw a short pass on third down and comes up way short.  Possible separated shoulder?  

(Pic below is immediately before the hit)

6B81076C-8772-4145-B2B2-F2299D3E445E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In watching the replay and if in fact it was the late hit when Trubisky hurt his shoulder, it might have been him jamming his right arm/elbow into the ground while being hit.  As Trub starts to make the slide he goes to put his right hand down and is hit on his left shoulder knocking him into the ground with force.  He gets up from that a bit gingerly.  Later he tries to throw a short pass on third down and comes up way short.  Possible separated shoulder?  

(Pic below is immediately before the hit)

6B81076C-8772-4145-B2B2-F2299D3E445E.jpeg

I agree with your assessment on Trubisky.  I remember him getting up and working his right shoulder a bit so I was concerned but the replay showed the hit on his left shoulder.  Hopefully it's minor and is something he can loosen up before the game. 

In the post-game celebration Shaheen didn't look too happy so I'm thinking he'll have some lingering effects from that concussion and won't play this week.   I don't think it was a serious concussion either because he wouldn't have been around the disco ball lights and loud music.   Hopefully he's back in Week 13 for the Giants game.  We need him to get some reps and be ready to go against the Rams in Week 14.  

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Shaheens injury looks like it happened when he went to catch the 2 pt conversion and as he’s falling back slams the back of his head on the turf.  He got up a little groggy looking after that and when Trub went to congratulate him. 

As teammates smack his helmet in celebration!

Something that I've mentioned before and it is getting old in my opinion.  When a QB gives himself up and slides I though defenders weren't allowed to hit him.  More often than not when I've seen Mitch slide he's been hit (not just contacted but hit).  Shouldn't these hits be 15 yard unnecessary roughness or is this something league wide that's just being allowed.  

Minny's dirty play to me is a reflection on the coaching and character of players they have.  There could have been a few more personal fouls, late hits and targeting penalties.  It makes me glad that our players don't play that way in general.  Seems the Vikings look for opportunities to take cheap shots and the refs only called them on a handful of them.  We've had some bad judgment plays on our team at times but it's the exception rather than the rule here.  

12 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

With all things considered; hate to say it but unless it’s a bruise they should probably sit Biscuit this week.  

That’s a tough call. They have 10 days to rest after that game. Maybe play Mitch first half to build a lead and rest him at halftime. Would be nice to get Daniels some action just incase. 

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Shaheens injury looks like it happened when he went to catch the 2 pt conversion and as he’s falling back slams the back of his head on the turf.  He got up a little groggy looking after that and when Trub went to congratulate him. 

Yeah. The concussion definitely happened on that play. I hope whatever Trubisky's injury is, it is minor.  

11 minutes ago, eback said:

That’s a tough call. They have 10 days to rest after that game. Maybe play Mitch first half to build a lead and rest him at halftime. Would be nice to get Daniels some action just incase. 

Thursday night game, on the road, vs. a divisional foe who we beat up 2 weeks ago....there is no way this will be a cakewalk for the Bears. None.  This will be a dogfight.  

3 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Something that I've mentioned before and it is getting old in my opinion.  When a QB gives himself up and slides I though defenders weren't allowed to hit him.  More often than not when I've seen Mitch slide he's been hit (not just contacted but hit).  Shouldn't these hits be 15 yard unnecessary roughness or is this something league wide that's just being allowed.  

Minny's dirty play to me is a reflection on the coaching and character of players they have.  There could have been a few more personal fouls, late hits and targeting penalties.  It makes me glad that our players don't play that way in general.  Seems the Vikings look for opportunities to take cheap shots and the refs only called them on a handful of them.  We've had some bad judgment plays on our team at times but it's the exception rather than the rule here.  

I thought that was a helmet first hit when I say it. And refs did zip. Biscuit got up and you could see he was hurt. Maybe Daniel needs to earn his $ this Thursday and let Biscuit rest. Naggy can get him ready, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Actually I think this ends up being a blowout for us, Chase knows the system better and Nagy opens it up and goes nuts on Lions.

Whodda thunk we'd ever agree on something?  Although after what I've seen, Chase may know the offense better he doesn't have the arm Mitch does.  But yeah, could potentially get real ugly for Detroit if Daniel were to play.

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Whodda thunk we'd ever agree on something?  Although after what I've seen, Chase may know the offense better he doesn't have the arm Mitch does.  But yeah, could potentially get real ugly for Detroit if Daniel were to play.

I think normally there might have been a let down after a big win against Minny but now that MT is down, I think the team rallies around Chase and kick some ass.

I looked back at the game and it seems that he was hurt on an earlier run where he made an awkward slide with his right arm down. He kinda slide over his arm and it ended up underneath and behind him. I think he hurt it there, probably just a sprain. More than likely not any structural damage, just sore with some reduced ROM. 

I would assume that he would end up being a game-time decision to just let him rest and get treatment up until that point. No reason to reaggravate it to test it before then.