Eagles at Bears Official Wild Card Game Thread (Sun, Jan 6th, 3:40 PM CST/NBC/Bears -6, O/U 41)

adam

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KiLoc69 said:

Obviously Parkey is done, but I thought playcalling was super suspect today. Howard was having success the few times he was called upon and Cohen was all but ignored. So bitter right now...

The Saint Rita HS kicker wins this game for us. This was a chip shot.  The game winner was right there.  He choked.  

7 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Bears blew it when they didn't cut Parkey 3 months ago. Came back to bite them after Mitch Trubisky leads them to what should have been his 1st playoff

Like everyone else here has said, I absolutely cannot believe it came down to Parkey.  

But for all my naysaying of Trubiksy he absolutely did what he had to in that second half.  And more importantly under a lot of pressure put Parkey well inside of where he needed to be successful. Parkey flat out failed all of us. 

It's amazing how all 3 phases had signature bad moments in this game that contributed to the loss. The offense couldn't score more than 15 points against a defense that isn't very good; the defense blew a 4th quarter lead in the final minutes on the most critical drive of the game, and then the kicker missed another chip shot of a FG that should have given them the victory after a brilliant drive by Trubisky to put themselves in position.

3 minutes ago, Elgin Slim said:

The sad thing about this is that there is no way in hell they're this healthy next season. What a gutshot and a huge wasted opportunity. 

They also had the easiest schedule in the NFL this year. Don't look at who they play next year, because it's not going to be pretty.

This was their year to take advantage of things that fell their way with the Packers uncharacteristically faltering, the schedule, and the injury luck they were afforded all season long.

I don't care how one spins this game.  Yea, lots of things did not go right on off. and def.  But bottom line is they had a 43 yard field goal to win the game.  And the man did not make it.  My heart was ripped out on the first loss of the year and again on the last loss of the year.  In between was a great run and we learned a lot about this team and it's coaches.  Sadly we learned that we had a kicker that sucked and never needs to show his face in Chicago again.

I have enjoyed reading all your posts this year and look forward to the draft.  This loss is going to take awhile to get over.