Saints at Bears - Week 7 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Oct 20, 3:25 PM CT/FOX/Bears -3, O/U 38)

adam

1 hour ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

The Bears season is over, folks. Defense completely gave up. This could be the beginning of the end for Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace.

Regardless, the Bears need to use their 1st pick on a quarterback next year, and then trade for Nick Foles.

Do we have a 1st rd pick, or was it traded to Oakland for Mack? And wow. I think they all read how great they were going to be and just sat on their arses. After the bye and all the "soul searching" they are NOT a good team. I'm bleeding blue, white and orange.

"i think I remember watching those games in 1975. 

Yea but at least we had Payton to watch.  I see nothing worth watching on off or D.  And nothing to think it will change.  They are on a downward spiral with nothing to stop it.  Yea you could be a glass half full person.  But that glass is filled with vinegar.

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

They are on a downward spiral with nothing to stop it.  Yea you could be a glass half full person.

Probably not a popular discussion topic but I seriously think Daniel would do better at running the offense for the foreseeable future.  He’s more an Alex Smith type player who can manage the game well enough to keep the defense off the field more than Trubisky has.  

I know he didn’t look all that hot against Oakland but to be fair, no one did (he did help the team come back and lead after the half if that’s worth anything).  If he’s able to play his game manager style and give the defense more time to rest, the season isn’t quite lost yet.  His ability to manage the offense will allow players like Montgomery (and anyone not named Robinson) a chance to produce.  

And maybe, just maybe if Trubiksy were to have a Mariota like moment and be benched maybe he’d get a clue... 

Montgomery had 2 rushes and Nagy didn't take the blame for calling an absolute crap game. He was overrated coming from Reid's coattails and the team road some luck with turnovers last year. Without them, they are a 4 win team.

Season is over, NFC is tough, even the WC. We are now 2 games back for a WC spot and 3 back in the division in Week 7. 

This is not like last year, 11 point loss and never held the lead. The first game under Nagy that we have lost by more than one score and never held a lead. 2 losses at home already. 

Pace needs to be held accountable for this shit show. Nagy needs to give up play calling duties and just be a rah rah head coach. Worst game plans I have ever seen. 

With trade deadline coming up, I would take offers for everyone. 

Also, why would we give Eddie Jackson top 5 Safety money? The dude has been a complete ghost this season. Zero impact plays thru 6 games. 19 tackles and 2 PD in 6 games? All Pro my butt. 

Davis has to be cut, we need th draft pick. I would trade or put Burton on IR, something is clearly wrong with him. I would put feelers out for Gabriel and Floyd too. 

Does the team do any psychological evaluation before signing players? Burton, Parkey, and now Smith all have been off. Smith is playing nowhere near what a top 10 pick should be playing. Trevathan is running circles around him. 

This season has been such a gut punch. Confirmed that we picked the wrong QB, and gave up way too much draft capital for mediocre players. 

3 hours ago, ChileBear said:

Do we have a 1st rd pick, or was it traded to Oakland for Mack? And wow. I think they all read how great they were going to be and just sat on their arses. After the bye and all the "soul searching" they are NOT a good team. I'm bleeding blue, white and orange.

My fault. I meant they need to use their 1st pick, not 1st rounder.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Also, why would we give Eddie Jackson top 5 Safety money? The dude has been a complete ghost this season. Zero impact plays thru 6 games. 19 tackles and 2 PD in 6 games? All Pro my butt. 

Davis has to be cut, we need th draft pick. I would trade or put Burton on IR, something is clearly wrong with him. I would put feelers out for Gabriel and Floyd too. 

Does the team do any psychological evaluation before signing players? Burton, Parkey, and now Smith all have been off. Smith is playing nowhere near what a top 10 pick should be playing. Trevathan is running circles around him. 

This season has been such a gut punch. Confirmed that we picked the wrong QB, and gave up way too much draft capital for mediocre players. 

It's one of the most bizarre things I've seen. Roquan Smith went from almost a sure-fire future pro bowl caliber player after last season to a guy that looks to be more of a replacement level player this season. It makes me wonder even more what the heck happened to him a few weeks ago, because whatever it was, it looks like it's made him into a worse player. He doesn't play with the same fire and tenacity that he did earlier in the year. 

I'm done with Burton, too. He and Shaheen are next to worthless as TE's. If he's STILL hurt from that same groin injury he had at the end of last season, then something is seriously wrong with him, and I don't think you can count on him anymore to be a factor in the passing game.

I hadn't really thought about Eddie Jackson much until recently, because he hasn't really had a ton of opportunities to make many plays this year. Clinton-Dix has really been the guy who's been more around the ball than Eddie. I haven't paid close enough attention to understand whether that's because teams are avoiding Eddie now, or he's not as active as he was last year. Whatever the case is, I've noticed him more and more the last few games taking bad angles to ball carriers, which is something he's always been pretty terrible at. When you aren't recovering fumbles or picking off passes, those things are going to become more noticeable as you go through the year. If he wants his money, he's going to need to step it up down the stretch.

One other thing that is becoming clearer is that Leonard Floyd is going to be what he's always been: Inconsistent. After the 1st game you would never have guessed he'd only have 3 pressures and 0 sacks since that game. It's like he only ever plays well against the Packers. It makes no sense to me. The thing about that game is that he was actually doing things he's never done before, like bull rushing and hand fighting. It looked like he was starting to turn the corner, and there was legitimate reason to have hope that this might be his breakout season. Hopefully he'll come on strong like he did last season towards the end, but I'm not sure he deserves an extension anymore the way he's played.