Where do they go from here?

Bill

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Mitch reminds me of golf hackers like myself.  You go to the range and hit balls and you just crush them.  You go to the practice green and drain 20 footers.  You get to the first tee and you have a couple of foursomes watching you, half dozen people on the porch of the club house watching.  And what do you do.  You hit ground burner or slice it onto the 18th fairway.  You get on a green in two and think you have a chance for a birdie and at worse a par and then you three put the ten footer.

That's me at Top Golf. My practice swings are wicked awesome. Then I swing at the ball, miss it, while hurling my club 30 yards on the course. 

55 minutes ago, Bill said:

Mitch reminds me of golf hackers like myself.  You go to the range and hit balls and you just crush them.  You go to the practice green and drain 20 footers.  You get to the first tee and you have a couple of foursomes watching you, half dozen people on the porch of the club house watching.  And what do you do.  You hit ground burner or slice it onto the 18th fairway.  You get on a green in two and think you have a chance for a birdie and at worse a par and then you three put the ten footer.

Mitch needs a coach like Bruce Arians.  Arians will call plays downfield all day.  When there's an INT he takes the blame and tells his QB just keep throwing.   I remember when Carson Palmer had 3 INT games and the next one they came right back and kept pushing down the field.  Oddly for a coach who calls just 7 runs, Nagy reigns it in, and right now he's killing Mitch's confidence.  

What do you think Montgomery feels like today?  He fumbles the ball at a critical time (it's always critical) and he got zero carries afterward!   You should never do that to a player unless it's been a chronic situation.  FWIW that was a successful 4yd run.  A few more of those would have been helpful in the 2nd half.    

50 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Mitch needs a coach like Bruce Arians.  Arians will call plays downfield all day.  When there's an INT he takes the blame and tells his QB just keep throwing.   I remember when Carson Palmer had 3 INT games and the next one they came right back and kept pushing down the field.  Oddly for a coach who calls just 7 runs, Nagy reigns it in, and right now he's killing Mitch's confidence.  

What do you think Montgomery feels like today?  He fumbles the ball at a critical time (it's always critical) and he got zero carries afterward!   You should never do that to a player unless it's been a chronic situation.  FWIW that was a successful 4yd run.  A few more of those would have been helpful in the 2nd half.    

Monty was getting mauled by like 4 defenders. Where are all the damn blockers? I feel for that kid. Instead of not going to him again. Nagy should've gone right back to him 2-3 more times.

At 3-3 we are writing off this season but there is still time for a turn around. I think every time you write someone off they have a bounce back.

MT seems a long way form a franchise QB but utilize what he does well and put him in a better position to win.

Run the ball, it helps MT with less touches to screw up and rests the defense.

I think a big problem is Nagy expects for his offense to work and the OL plays bad, MT has an injury and no confidence, and Nagy is stubborn to make changes. You add penalties and a defense that is looking for answers and this is what we have. 

There is to many good players on defense for this not to improve.

Nagy needs to simplify the offense, stick with the run, and have some plays for MT to run the ball. Move the pocket, stop this giving the defense the same answer on how to stop us. Change up. I heard on the radio where someone said to temporarily bench A-Rob so it forces MT to throw to someone else.

13 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

At 3-3 we are writing off this season but there is still time for a turn around. I think every time you write someone off they have a bounce back.

MT seems a long way form a franchise QB but utilize what he does well and put him in a better position to win.

I think a big problem is Nagy expects for his offense to work and the OL plays bad, MT has an injury and no confidence, and Nagy is stubborn to make changes. You add penalties and a defense that is looking for answers and this is what we have. 

Nagy needs to simplify the offense, stick with the run, and have some plays for MT to run the ball. Move the pocket, stop this giving the defense the same answer on how to stop us. Change up. I heard on the radio where someone said to temporarily bench A-Rob so it forces MT to throw to someone else.

I am not writing them off yet, but it's close. 

My problem is what have you seen in the last year and a half that would tell you that MT is going to change? He literally is the exact same QB he was from last year. The difference is teams have figured him out completely and Nagy has become so predictable, it's sickening.

Can we just stop with all the Cohen runs? Those have been the biggest killer. Patterson has at least been somewhat effective on jet sweeps. However, Cohen is is 20 for 47 yards this year with a long of 9 yards. I don't see the same player I saw last year. He has 29 receptions for 147 yards. Let's not make him the focus of the offense.

I would not bench ARob. If he is open go to him, if not MT has to learn to go somewhere else. 

16 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It is laughable that Mitch is the crux of the problem yet our HC keeps calling passing plays.  He did it against GB and now again with New Orleans.  I hear he's not an idiot.