Trey Burton Released

dawhizz

14 minutes ago, adam said:

and Burton signs with the Colts. Amazing how he magically got healed in a few days to pass a physical:

Good!  According to an article in Bear Goggles, the Bears save a bunch of money if he signs.  I'll try to find and attach.

Chicago Bears: 5 Potential landing spots for Trey Burton and why it matters

4 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He probably has to do a physical yet , its probably not valid until that's done. Whether he passes or not , someone had to go. I remember when Calahan left for Denver , he didn't play last year.  Hard to ignore injury history on players. 

I'm thinking the same thing...wait for the physical.  Then why would the Colts even jump on signing him right before the draft if they were so concerned about that?   Or they simply don't care as nothing or very little is guaranteed.  

7 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I'm thinking the same thing...wait for the physical.  Then why would the Colts even jump on signing him right before the draft if they were so concerned about that?   Or they simply don't care as nothing or very little is guaranteed.  

They can cut him and they are out nothing.  Reich knows him and wants to kick the tires.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

They can cut him and they are out nothing.  Reich knows him and wants to kick the tires.

OTOH if you are in Burton's spot wouldn't you prefer to wait a bit before signing for your best chance of passing a physical?  It's a weak TE class this year no reason to think if he's returning to form that Burton wouldn't find work after the draft.  

55 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

OTOH if you are in Burton's spot wouldn't you prefer to wait a bit before signing for your best chance of passing a physical?  It's a weak TE class this year no reason to think if he's returning to form that Burton wouldn't find work after the draft.  

Not sure.  Maybe Reich promised to give him time to heal.  Who really knows.