2020 Schedule...

Mongo3451

I have seen a few predictions between 4-7 wins. That is batshit crazy stuff right there.

The schedule is finally in our favor, there is a lot to like:

1. Easy start, a great way to get going compared to an early meat grinder. They can easily go 5-1. (Lions, Giants, Falcons, Colts, Bucs, Panthers)
  2. A home game for Thursday Night Football against TB. Home teams have a huge advantage, we also play at home the week prior. So no travel.
  3. Back to back road games, with an East coast to West coast trip, but 2nd game is MNF (extra day for rest/travel)
  4. LAR is the only game played west of MIN all season; CAR is the farthest east opponent, short travel distances this year
  5. The bye is Week 11, WOO HOO! MIN at home before bye on MNF, then GB following the bye on SNF. This might be my favorite scheduling note. GB and DET have Week 5 byes, and MIN is Week 7. We get a huge benefit from this.
  6. The Lions and Texans in December at Soldier Field...giggles.
  7. A road game in Jacksonville in December, woo hoo warmth.
  8. End the season with GB at home.

This is literally the no excuses schedule. The worst stretch is weeks 7-10. Start out on the west coast in LA, then go back home to play NO on short rest, then on the road to TEN, then back home to play MIN before the bye. At least TEN is a short road trip and MIN is on MNF. 

I am optimistic but it's hard to see less than 10 wins. We would have to play really bad to lose 7+ of these games. If we go 4-2 in the division, it's hard to see us not beating at least the Giants, Panthers, Texans, and Jaguars, and splitting the games with the Titans, Saints, Falcons, Colts, Rams, and Bucs. That's 11 wins and it's not a real stretch, beat the bad teams, split versus the better teams. Even going 2-4 vs those last 6 teams still puts us at 10 wins. So I will leave my May 2020 prediction right here: 11-5. 

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think Nagy is smart and if he wouldn't have been stubborn with the run game last year, 

Bit of an oxymoron there.   I like and support Nagy but he did not demonstrate much that was good or smart last year in his play calling.  I feel he is at the same place as Mitch relatively speaking.   Both have demonstrated success in spots and the ability to be good.  Both have demonstrated they were lost at times as well.  Both need to improve or they will be gone.  

5 hours ago, Connorbear said:

I am 99% sure, at this time, there will not be fans in the stands this fall. 

Peace

Could not agree more.  Just don't see thousands of fans sitting in any stadium be it basketball, baseball, soccer, football until a vaccine is found.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:30 AM, AZ54 said:

Bit of an oxymoron there.   I like and support Nagy but he did not demonstrate much that was good or smart last year in his play calling.  I feel he is at the same place as Mitch relatively speaking.   Both have demonstrated success in spots and the ability to be good.  Both have demonstrated they were lost at times as well.  Both need to improve or they will be gone.  

I agree last year was a trainwreck, I think he got stubborn and forgot the run game. I think he is smart ( 2018 play calling) and will make neccessary changes.  He's in a learning process also. The first year he made it simplier for MT went to the run game the last half of the season.  I think the  best thing he could do is give up play calling and be just a head coach. 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Could not agree more.  Just don't see thousands of fans sitting in any stadium be it basketball, baseball, soccer, football until a vaccine is found.

If they sell tickets, and unless they arrest me there will be at least one fan there.  Although definitely will not be attending any baseball games but that's even in the best of times.  

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I agree last year was a trainwreck, I think he got stubborn and forgot the run game. I think he is smart ( 2018 play calling) and will make neccessary changes.  He's in a learning process also. The first year he made it simplier for MT went to the run game the last half of the season.  I think the  best thing he could do is give up play calling and be just a head coach. 

I agree....get a veteran play caller to run his offense and his game plan and then step back.   But there is the EGO problem.  

15 hours ago, AZ54 said:

If they sell tickets, and unless they arrest me there will be at least one fan there.  Although definitely will not be attending any baseball games but that's even in the best of times.  

IMO - They are not going to let fans into the stadiums. You'll be getting a credit or a refund. 

Peace

13 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

IMO - They are not going to let fans into the stadiums. You'll be getting a credit or a refund. 

Peace

Agreed again.  At least here in CA I don't see them opening up any stadiums until a vaccine is found.  From the sound of things, if one state limits teams from doing something in sports, the rest of the league is going to follow suit for all teams.  Just to keep things even.   Sucks, I know, but that is the world we live in today.  Everyone is not going to see things the same but the lowest common denominator will be the norm.  And I don't mean to say lowest is somehow the correct or right thing or not.  We just don't know at this time.

They may limit fans at first but no way they don't  play this year . I think worst case scenario, no fans until October.  I'm in Thailand hoping I get home in June  , they're now playing baseball in south Korea and Taiwan.  If those countries can figure out a way to play sports, USA will to.

• 4 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, adam said:

I have seen a few predictions between 4-7 wins. That is batshit crazy stuff right there.

1. Easy start, a great way to get going compared to an early meat grinder. They can easily go 5-1. (Lions, Giants, Falcons, Colts, Bucs, Panthers)
  2. A home game for Thursday Night Football against TB. Home teams have a huge advantage, we also play at home the week prior. So no travel.
  3. Back to back road games, with an East coast to West coast trip, but 2nd game is MNF (extra day for rest/travel)
  4. LAR is the only game played west of MIN all season; CAR is the farthest east opponent, short travel distances this year
  5. The bye is Week 11, WOO HOO! MIN at home before bye on MNF, then GB following the bye on SNF. This might be my favorite scheduling note. GB and DET have Week 5 byes, and MIN is Week 7. We get a huge benefit from this.

This is literally the no excuses schedule. The worst stretch is weeks 7-10. Start out on the west coast in LA, then go back home to play NO on short rest, then on the road to TEN, then back home to play MIN before the bye. At least TEN is a short road trip and MIN is on MNF. 

I am optimistic but it's hard to see less than 10 wins. We would have to play really bad to lose 7+ of these games. If we go 4-2 in the division, it's hard to see us not beating at least the Giants, Panthers, Texans, and Jaguars, and splitting the games with the Titans, Saints, Falcons, Colts, Rams, and Bucs. That's 11 wins and it's not a real stretch, beat the bad teams, split versus the better teams. Even going 2-4 vs those last 6 teams still puts us at 10 wins. So I will leave my May 2020 prediction right here: 11-5. 

So things are still on schedule to finish with double-digit wins based on a 3-1 record. To get to 10 wins, the Bears have to win 7 out of the next 12. Five of those games come against teams with 1 win or less. After the easy start, the Bears are now in the meat of their schedule. This is where you just have to survive. So if they can go 3-3 in the next 6 to go into the bye at 6-4, I think they will be ok. You would prefer 7-3 or better, but being realistic, 6-4 seems attainable. Then after the bye with some fresh legs you get DET, HOU, MIN, and JAX, all of whom should be getting ready to mail it in with GB as bookend games on those four. GB may be resting starters in Week 17, depending on what they look like at that point. They will be competing with Seattle for the #1 seed, so my hope is Seattle has it locked up and GB wants to rest starters that week before the WC Round. 

Here is the remaining schedule:

TB 3-1 W
@CAR 2-2 W
@LAR 3-1 L
NO 2-2 L
@TEN 3-0 L
MIN 1-3 W
BYE 
@GB 4-0 L
DET 1-3 W
HOU 0-3 W
@MIN  1-3 W
@JAX 1-3 W
GB 4-0 L

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 2:50 PM, adam said:

So things are still on schedule to finish with double-digit wins based on a 3-1 record. To get to 10 wins, the Bears have to win 7 out of the next 12. Five of those games come against teams with 1 win or less. After the easy start, the Bears are now in the meat of their schedule. This is where you just have to survive. So if they can go 3-3 in the next 6 to go into the bye at 6-4, I think they will be ok. You would prefer 7-3 or better, but being realistic, 6-4 seems attainable. Then after the bye with some fresh legs you get DET, HOU, MIN, and JAX, all of whom should be getting ready to mail it in with GB as bookend games on those four. GB may be resting starters in Week 17, depending on what they look like at that point. They will be competing with Seattle for the #1 seed, so my hope is Seattle has it locked up and GB wants to rest starters that week before the WC Round. 

Here is the remaining schedule:

TB 3-1 W
@CAR 2-2 W
@LAR 3-1 L
NO 2-2 L
@TEN 3-0 L
MIN 1-3 W
BYE 
@GB 4-0 L
DET 1-3 W
HOU 0-3 W
@MIN  1-3 W
@JAX 1-3 W
GB 4-0 L

I had us beating TB and CAR, then losing 3 straight. Now looking at this, we have winnable games against LAR and NO and a probable loss against TEN and probable win against MIN. So we need to split LAR and NO, and split TEN/MIN to go into the bye at 7-3. 

On 5/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, adam said:

I bolded my initial comment. We are well on our way and right on track for 11-5. We are entering the worst stretch, weeks 7-10. We just need a split here to be in great shape after the bye.