11:00 EST and They are Still Employed

Mongo3451

31 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

The Bears organization does not fire in season. You guys have been fans long enough to know this. It's a useless topic. 

Peace

That's the point. The only way it's gonna change is if they change their mindset and hard stances. If not now, when?

The Bears are home underdogs vs a team with 4 wins. They will more than likely lose to Watson, another reminder of one of the worst draft blunders in NFL history. Would 7 in a row be enough? That's something this franchise hasn't seen in a very long time. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

That's the point. The only way it's gonna change is if they change their mindset and hard stances. If not now, when?

The Bears are home underdogs vs a team with 4 wins. They will more than likely lose to Watson, another reminder of one of the worst draft blunders in NFL history. Would 7 in a row be enough? That's something this franchise hasn't seen in a very long time. 

This won't change until ownership changes. 

Peace

2 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

This won't change until ownership changes. 

Peace

Kaplan had indicated some rumblings inside Halas Hall that Phillips is going to retire.  This adds fuel to the speculation that Bears are going to have a total revamp - new head of football operations + GM + Head Coach.  I suppose the new head of football operations & GM could ultimately determine Nagy is an okay head coach and that the bigger issue was a talent gap and give Nagy another year (I doubt it - at this point seems like a full restart).  

Just now, Bertva said:

Anyone watch the WFT goal line stand from the 1 against the Steelers?

Insane, Riverboat Ron has that team playing very solid, especially on defense. That D-Line is a top 5 unit. That just helped the Bears draft position. I don't think anyone saw that as a win. 

I would fire Ryan Pace right now and let the new GM decide Matt Nagy's fate. 

This doesn't seem to be a great year for HC candidates, and I also think the Bears would have a hard time competing for the top candidates against teams who either have a young QB or will be in better position to draft one. I want a new coach, but I wouldn't be totally against the idea of giving Nagy one more year with a GM who can identify offensive talent.

12 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

It's 11PM and they are still employed.  I don't know if I have the stamina for this protest...😎

maybe we should all agree to become Chiefs fans or something. Seriously, at this point what am I still rooting for? The uniform? Its cant still be 1985...

On 12/7/2020 at 1:23 PM, Connorbear said:

The Bears organization does not fire in season. You guys have been fans long enough to know this. It's a useless topic. 

Peace

And in a way keeping everything as is and cleaning house at the end of the season actually improves our chances of the new regime having a better draft position.  Making a change now like Firing Nagy and/or Pace could be spark that causes us to win meaningless games and cost us draft position.  I hate losing for draft position but since there's pretty much nothing to gain in winning games now.  

I give Nagy credit - he had the team ready to bounce back after last weeks late choke to Lions. It is the one thing I like about Nagy - he always seems to keep the team moving forward. It hasn’t always worked and I put a lot of heat on him for the offense, but I like the new play calling and tweaks being made by Lazor. 

Nagy might actually be a good head coach if he eased off the reigns a bit on the offense. Probably too little too late but I wouldn’t be shocked if a GM gave him a year. Although right now I just want to see them win out!!! 

13 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I give Nagy credit - he had the team ready to bounce back after last weeks late choke to Lions. It is the one thing I like about Nagy - he always seems to keep the team moving forward. It hasn’t always worked and I put a lot of heat on him for the offense, but I like the new play calling and tweaks being made by Lazor. 

Nagy might actually be a good head coach if he eased off the reigns a bit on the offense. Probably too little too late but I wouldn’t be shocked if a GM gave him a year. Although right now I just want to see them win out!!! 

I am torn on this. On one side I like the fact that he made the changes, but on the other side, it seems like either complete stubbornness or stupidity that he waited so long to make such an obvious change (on the playcalling).

For the first time, in what feels like a year, they were actually playing to Trubisky's strengths, cutting the field in half, and making some easy throws.

2 hours ago, adam said:

I am torn on this. On one side I like the fact that he made the changes, but on the other side, it seems like either complete stubbornness or stupidity that he waited so long to make such an obvious change (on the playcalling).

For the first time, in what feels like a year, they were actually playing to Trubisky's strengths, cutting the field in half, and making some easy throws.

I'm torn as well.  It's cool that Nagy has an ego.  It's also cool that this season seems to have humbled his reckless side.  You've often stated the "smartest guy in the room" regarding he and Pace.  The failure, pressure and scrutiny they both faced this year may just season them a bit. (Definitely Nagy who had to have Foles and had to step down as play caller.)  Who knows their character better than a team that played their ass off for them?