Sean Desai named DC

adam

Mixed feelings on Desai being DC.  Really appreciate the players perspective like Acho and Long (although he played oline) and that he may have been “Fangios right hand man” when he was in Chicago.  But... he’s been the Safeties coach for the last number of years. A position that Jackson has regressed in the last few years. And of the FAs who’ve come along since Amos’ departure haven’t been all that great. Except, that is, unless you count the last few games by T. Gibson.  

32 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Mixed feelings on Desai being DC.  Really appreciate the players perspective like Acho and Long (although he played oline) and that he may have been “Fangios right hand man” when he was in Chicago.  But... he’s been the Safeties coach for the last number of years. A position that Jackson has regressed in the last few years. And of the FAs who’ve come along since Amos’ departure haven’t been all that great. Except, that is, unless you count the last few games by T. Gibson.  

I agree. maybe he will surprise us, but at this point, I think we are seeing the end of something, not the beginning.

There are some numbers that I have heard about the coverages the Bears played on the backend in 2018 vs 2019 and 2020. Supposedly there was a significant shift away from 2-High or a Cover-2 look. Pagano played more Cover-1 or Cover-3 which restricts Jackson's roaming ability because of his specific responsibilities over the top. 

I will believe it when I see it because to me it looks like he was playing not to get hurt and there was a distinct difference in his play prior to injury vs after. 

Even if we let Hicks go, Goldman is back, EJAC and Fuller have to play better. Smith will be all pro, Nichols , Johnson , and Quinn will play better. We will better on D but a better scheme will help up us a lot.

Fuller/CB-Johnson/CB-Shelly or Vidor at NB. EJAC/FS (we need to bring back Bush, Gibson , Lucas)

Mack-Smith-Trevathan-Quinn (we need to bring back Mingo)

Nichols-Goldman (we need to bring back Urban, RRH, McCullers, Edwards)