3+ years away from a Super Bowl

jason

Check this out. ESPN's take on the state of the NFL, where teams stand in terms of how close to the SB they are, and the write up on the Bears. Interesting that the Bears are the lowest rated team in their list out of all the teams that made the playoffs. To me it's interesting for two reasons. One, because they realize the Bears weren't really playoff quality. Two, because they realize the Bears are missing several pieces of the puzzle.

Which all makes one question why in the hell are Pace and Nagy around for another year?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30795720/super-bowl-lines-all-32-nfl-teams-mix-getting-closer-years-away

They kept them here for a few reasons, they had a jacked up year with virus affecting the operation of the team. I think they decided because this year will be more of the same, so why not ride the cost for one more year instead of starting over. Other owners have income from other sources but the Bears is their only source of income. I doubt they lost money but they definitely lost profit which is actually losing money. George clearly likes both Nagy and Pace,  the last three years looks better than the did since we last had a winner. He is accepting mediocre. I think we needed to blow it up, but maybe we luck out and get a QB and the new D coach gets the D back to top of the league.

ESPN is just a opinion article that isnt telling us anything we dont already know, its a uphill battle.

IF they can find a QB that can be better than Foles or MT was last year

IF the D returns to top 5 with Desir

IF we can find the money to tag AROB and still add the OL upgrade

Maybe we can have a winning record for next year. Odds are slim to none if I was betting.  

47 minutes ago, jason said:

Check this out. ESPN's take on the state of the NFL, where teams stand in terms of how close to the SB they are, and the write up on the Bears. Interesting that the Bears are the lowest rated team in their list out of all the teams that made the playoffs. To me it's interesting for two reasons. One, because they realize the Bears weren't really playoff quality. Two, because they realize the Bears are missing several pieces of the puzzle.

Which all makes one question why in the hell are Pace and Nagy around for another year?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30795720/super-bowl-lines-all-32-nfl-teams-mix-getting-closer-years-away

Because George is delusional. He even said he hasn't done a good job but has decided to stick with the status quo. 

Peace

I’m with Stinger on this; total opinion piece.  There are teams that are WAY too unpredictable like Cleveland and Pittsburgh to rate them higher than what the Bears are at.  And really GB is one Aaron Rodgers injury or retirement away from turning into the next 2020 Patriots. When you throw in COVID and all the things associated with that I’d say this season was a ‘one off’.  

To me the Bears aren’t as bad as people think they are.  You just need a DC that can make the best of the players you have and call plays on the offense that match your players skillset.  It was obvious to me at least that the offense ran a lot more effectively under Lazor than it did with Nagy. And as much a fan as I was of Pagano it’s possible he wasn’t able to adjust his scheme to how the offenses are running today. Maybe this new guy can.