OT Next

lemonej

I'd like to see us take a couple OT's with they way the've been drafting depending on who's there at our 2nd & 3rd.   Next pick should be OT, then in the 3rd could go BPA at OT, WR, CB.   Was really hoping Newsome would have dropped, but DB's have been coming off the board quicker than I expected so I'm not surprised he's off the board.  Good draft so far, here's hoping we keep it up and finally have a draft we can walk away from and feel optimistic as a fan base.   TY San Fran for saving us from Pace trading up for Lance.  

I think there is going to be a run on OL at the start of the 2nd round.

If we are drafting BPA, then we might not get the OT we all want.

Maybe there is a FA LT that is an upgrade over Leno?

We need to give Fields a clean pocket. 

18 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Some names to watch for

Tevin Jenkins

Liam Eichenberg 

Dillion Radunz

Sam Cosmi

Jaylen Mayfield

Elijah Moore WR

Mondale Moore WR

Terrance Marshall WR

Trevon Moehrig S

Christian Barmore DT

Azeez Ojulari DE/OLB

Asante Samual CB

If they take Rondale Moore I'll scream. Cohen is the same guy. 

1 minute ago, BearFan NYC said:

this is a great draft so far. does anyone know what we gave up in the trade?

Gave up their 2nd, 3rd and a 6th but got back a 5th. So they don’t pick again today then have a 5th and three 6ths tomorrow, I believe. 

It's almost like having 2 first round picks. There were a lot of mock drafts having the Bears take Jenkins at #20.

It sucks we only have a fifth and 3 sixth round selections left. Maybe Pace can work his magic with mid to late round picks.

I'd love to see him find another late round steal at WR &/or CB.

Then take a flyer on the best OT prospect available.

In a way, I don't mind Pace doing this, getting 2 sure fire starters, vs only 1 and 2 possibles. With the crazy season, this draft was very unpredictable. So get the locks early and try to find depth later. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

In a way, I don't mind Pace doing this, getting 2 sure fire starters, vs only 1 and 2 possibles. With the crazy season, this draft was very unpredictable. So get the locks early and try to find depth later. 

I love the prospects they have but Pace cannot avoid trading up.  I bet he pays for fast passes at amusement parks.  Hits play next on the juke box.

Would Mayfield or Cosmi  be that much worse? 

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I love the prospects they have but Pace cannot avoid trading up.  I bet he pays for fast passes at amusement parks.  Hits play next on the juke box.

Would Mayfield or Cosmi  be that much worse? 

In 3 yrs your question will be answered . He will find away to grab a WR that will compete.  That will make this draft an overwhelming success. 

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't like giving away draft picks but getting 2 of the top 20 players in the draft is a good score.  Potential franchise QB and potential all pro RT. This draft will be looked backed on as one of Paces best drafts. 

Maybe.  But Pace keeps putting all his eggs in one basket..  

How many times has trading up worked out for Pace?  We traded back and took Cody Whitehair.  We traded up for Trubisky, Anthony Miller, and Leonard Floyd.  

8 minutes ago, bradjock said:

Maybe.  But Pace keeps putting all his eggs in one basket..  

How many times has trading up worked out for Pace?  We traded back and took Cody Whitehair.  We traded up for Trubisky, Anthony Miller, and Leonard Floyd.  

That is all I am saying.  I love these two players but also fell in love with Trub, Floyd, Miller, and Montgomery also

Next year they better not trade up.  No more consensus convictions.  Oh wait, he still has time to use up those picks. 

49 minutes ago, McGowan said:

They don't have a 4th. 

thanks for the clarification - I had thought we got back a 4th in this trade. Guess not.

Still, we got two quality prospects, and maybe he will hit on a long shot from the 5th rounder etc.

I hate giving away draft picks but I can't argue with the 2 players we have. When it's over we can be optimistic about who we have or complain that we gave up draft picks.  I prefer to make myself happy since we won't know how this draft turns out for a couple of years.