Dazz Newsome injury

Bill

15 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Broken collarbon

Tough break (no pun intended).  Was looking forward seeing what this kid can do. Hoping for a good recovery.  

This stinks - only blessing is it sounds like it was as good of a break as it could be and he should be back by camp. I don't know what recovery looks like, but hopefully he can still keep his cardio and speed in check, even if he won't be able to obviously do much weight training (at least upper body).  He seems like a fired up kid and would love another steal at wideout in the late rounds (like the Bears got with Mooney).  

Sucks to hear this about a strong prospect.  Best to him on a quick road to recovery.

Out of curiosity and because I recall Rodgers having had a broken collarbone I looked up his injury history.  Turns out he’s broken both collarbones, once in 2013 (non throwing) and again in 2017 (throwing side).  He was back to practice in six weeks and playing about 8 weeks after having aggressive “trauma” type surgery on the right side.  

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/2/16724018/aaron-rodgers-packers-practice-return-broken-collarbone

Okay, once again my failing memory haunts me.

We had a WR break his collar bone in preseason a few years ago. I believe, after it healed, he got injured again after returning to the lineup. Eventually I think the bears gave up on him. I hope Newsome isn't going to follow the same path.

Can't remember the name of the player. I know you guys can solve the riddle for me. LOL

On second thought, Was it Kevin White?

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Okay, once again my failing memory haunts me.

We had a WR break his collar bone in preseason a few years ago. I believe, after it healed, he got injured again after returning to the lineup. Eventually I think the bears gave up on him. I hope Newsome isn't going to follow the same path.

Can't remember the name of the player. I know you guys can solve the riddle for me. LOL

Twas!

4 hours ago, Pixote said:

Ha!  I had started looking it up and found his injury history.  His was more with his legs and then he hurt his scapula (shoulder blade) later in his career.  The dude was made of glass.

Miller’s been injured a few times in his short career.  But the team hasn’t given up on him...yet.