what tf

Bill

I know I have said this before.  If one can't be positive at the start of training camp I think it will only go down hill as the season goes on.  But I don't understand why this team has not gotten a true LT no matter the quality just as a camp body. They have a bunch at almost every position but not one LT that has played a game or even taken a snap in the reg. season at the position.

What am I missing?

OK you'r going to wait till camp cuts and then pay more for those who get cut,    They should of signed someone long ago.  Before they signed Butt, Hardy etc.  

They took risk at LT with getting rid of Leno, they needed the cap space. They list Wilkinson as the backup. but I have read that Barr with get reps there. He has the body to play the LT spot. I think they will use Barr as a multi position backup. They have 3 that can play LT if Jenkins gets injuries but clearly he is given the spot. Leno was there for a long time but has been mediocre. The risk of a high end draftee will make some mistakes but how far away would that be from what we would have gotten from Leno? We simply dont know but I think the change will show results going forward. We needed improvement, if you always stay the norm, you will always get the same results. We are taking risk because of the upside.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

They took risk at LT with getting rid of Leno, they needed the cap space. They list Wilkinson as the backup. but I have read that Barr with get reps there. He has the body to play the LT spot. I think they will use Barr as a multi position backup. They have 3 that can play LT if Jenkins gets injuries but clearly he is given the spot. Leno was there for a long time but has been mediocre. The risk of a high end draftee will make some mistakes but how far away would that be from what we would have gotten from Leno? We simply dont know but I think the change will show results going forward. We needed improvement, if you always stay the norm, you will always get the same results. We are taking risk because of the upside.

I agree. They see Jenkins as the future at that position. Will he make mistakes as a rookie learning the position in the NFL as he goes? Certainly. But Stinger is right, it will be no worse than what we've already had at that position for many years. And there will be plays that are much better too. And in time, he may well grow into a dominant force.

The same thing could've happened if the Bears drafted a CB, kept Leno and he got injured. I don't think this situation is any different. I would rather have them exercise caution than try to make him play thru it and he gets worse. It might take a few weeks, but we still have about 6 weeks until the regular season. 

Once teams start cutting their rosters, I am sure the Bears will pick someone else up for insurance.

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It's not a problem yet but has bad optics. A few weeks will define everything. Jenkins never missed any time in college, so probably just being cautious.

But again, if Leno is held out and we didn't draft Jenkins, how would that be any different?

49 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It's not a problem yet but has bad optics. A few weeks will define everything. Jenkins never missed any time in college, so probably just being cautious.

Sorry, but for now, it is an enormous problem.  Jenkins has zero experience playing left tackle in the NFL and needs these valuable reps.  Pedigree means nothing now.  The offense will have to be dummied down to provide assistance by lining a TE or chipping a back.  And trust me that Justin Fields development will be slowed, as Nagy will not put him in a regular season game until the OL has settled.  That fact that there is no serviceable backup is the elephant in the room.

4 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Rumors circling around camp is the Bears are protecting Kahlil Mack from Jenkins.  They do not want them two to destroy each other this early.

That's interesting, then wouldn't you just put Jenkins with Fields and the 2s?

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Rumors circling around camp is the Bears are protecting Kahlil Mack from Jenkins.  They do not want them two to destroy each other this early.

I agree with Adam.  I wonder why anyone would say that.  Jenkins has not been on the field all training camp.  This must be sarcasm right?

17 minutes ago, adam said:

I really thought he was just resting his back. Clearly he is dealing with something minor enough that they would allow him to pull a sled up a hill.

I had a pinched nerve in my neck a long time ago.  They put me on a machine that was no different that the rack in Middle Ages.  A sling around my chin and neck and my feet tied at the other end to a machine  that would stretch me out for a few seconds that release rinse and repeat for awhile.  It felt fn great.

18 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Sarcasm for sure, but I am imagining Jenkins driving Mack to the sidelines after the whistle..  

And everyone else in the NFL.  Thats not sarcastic at all.

But if he's not the stud we all hope he will become with this roster we are in big trouble.

15 hours ago, Bill said:

I had a pinched nerve in my neck a long time ago.  They put me on a machine that was no different that the rack in Middle Ages.  A sling around my chin and neck and my feet tied at the other end to a machine  that would stretch me out for a few seconds that release rinse and repeat for awhile.  It felt fn great.

Like a traction machine.