Weighing results

Uncle Buck

Okay, it’s only been three games, but what do you think McCaskey is looking for in evaluating this team? Into year 4 I’d say there should have been a significant identity established on offense. From a personnel standpoint and this I have no insight at all as I’m not present at the Halas Hall offices, is George expecting greater agility in responding to roster results? I’m trying hard not to throw in the towel but I’m also keenly aware that the early results are not in Nagy/Pace’s favor.

Nagy might have had some bad breaks, but there is more than enough data on him now to prove he is not a world beating offensive innovator. He might be decent, and got some bad breaks. So what? We are looking to to a risk on a guy hoping he becomes dominant. There are no sure thing coaches waiting to be hired. So you take a chance on a guy and hope he turns out to be a dominant winner. We know enough to know that isn't Nagy.

We're not looking to hire guys that can promise us 9-8 or 10-7 and an early playoff loss. If that's what you draw, then you need to fold that hand and play another. Decent is not the goal.

Nagy is not dominant. He argues that with a few different breaks he might be decent. So what? The best upside of Nagy isnt good enough. And we arent even seeing that.

He is not the guy.

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

He is not the guy.

Have to think DeFlip or Lazor could do a better job at this point. 

To Desai’s credit, the defense looked a lot better this week.  They just ran out of juice having to try and carry the team all game.

You could see it on everyone’s faces as the game wound down.  This is not a bad team, it’s a horribly coached team.

The defense actually had a great game, 5 sacks and decent pressure all game. It's hard to be good when you are on the field for 39 mins. The TOP was 39 to 20 in favor of Cleveland. It was 13-6 after Nagy pusses out and goes for a FG. It should've been 13-10 going into the 4th. You could tell the defense was gassed in the 4th when Hunt took over. Chubb only had 3.8 yards a carry. Hunt is the one who did the damage late in the game.

Even vs the Rams, they were only down 20-14 late in the 3rd before letting up 2 TDs that put the game out of reach. The defense does everything possible but then really shits the bed late. Cincy even had a late surge with 2 TDs. Opponents have outscored the Bears 34-13 in the 4th quarter in 3 games and 7 of the Bears pts is from Roquan Smith. So offense vs offense, 34-6. Sickening. 

Pace knows he has to do something ... now.  The D is good.  There is enough talent on offense to at least be productive and that includes the Oline.  Even special teams is doing alright.  All that is left is offensive scheme.   In reality the things Nagy touches the least succeed.     

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Have to think DeFlip or Lazor could do a better job at this point. 

To Desai’s credit, the defense looked a lot better this week.  They just ran out of juice having to try and carry the team all game.

You could see it on everyone’s faces as the game wound down.  This is not a bad team, it’s a horribly coached team.

agree.

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Pace knows he has to do something ... now.  The D is good.  There is enough talent on offense to at least be productive and that includes the Oline.  Even special teams is doing alright.  All that is left is offensive scheme.   In reality the things Nagy touches the least succeed.     

agree

we are all on the same page. Nagy has to stop calling plays at LEAST.

7 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

we are all on the same page. Nagy has to stop calling plays at LEAST.

At this point, that's the only way he saves his job, because he can then blame the roster on Pace if the team struggles without him calling plays. However, he is arrogant as hell and I am sure won't look in the mirror and make that change. He will cite that it is too hard to do without the bye or something like that.

I posted this on Twitter:

"Since 2019, Bears are 7-17 when they don't win the turnover battle. "

So the team basically only wins when they win the turnover battle (10-1). If you are completely turnover dependent, you are not winning due to anything but luck.