Off Season Needs

Mongo3451

2022 is going to be a major transitional year for the team.  We will part ways with close to half of the team.  Something else to make the off season interesting is that we'll have to, once again, rely on free agency to field a team.

Of course, let's start with the offense.  Mooney is the only receiver on the 53 man roster under contract for next year.  My thoughts are to draft this position as high as possible.  This player must be a true number 1.  I'm also good with a solid possession receiver via FA.  Running back is stacked, so no need to address.  For TE, we have Kmet and Horsted.  I would like to re sign James.  At OL, we should beg Peters to play one more year.  It's crazy that he has clearly been our best OL at an, out of shape, 39 years old.  He can play 4 positions.  Plus, he's a coach on the field.  Next we pray the rookie tackles to meet expectations.  Next draft pick goes to IOL, preferably center.  Whitehair and Mustipher have disappointed this year.  Next draft pick goes to WR.  We are weak at this group and Fields needs depth of weapons here.

On to defense.  This unit is in trouble with being old and overpaid.  For the second year in a row, Leonard Floyd would lead us in sacks, at half the price of Quinn.  Thanks Pace and Pagano for blowing that wad.  I digress.  We only have 2 picks left, so we are going to have to make this group "the replacements".  Needs are DT, DE, OLB, CB and S.  Use our remaining picks on BPA.  We're going to sign a lot of UDFA's, and low end FA.  We can no longer spend the bulk of our cap on this unit.  If we can trade Mack, Jackson and Quinn in the off season for picks that would be great.  We also say goodbye to Hicks and Trevathon.  Hopefully we can get Ogletree back at a decent price.  We're going to give up a lot of points next.

If Jenkins/Borum can take hold at OT, I hope Whitehair/Mustispher/Daniel's, can rebound in the middle and they can save the higher picks for other needs.  WR, S, and CB come to mind for that 2nd RDer.  They need a player that makes an impact day one.  

Rd2- Jalen Tolbert WR  S Ala

Rd3- Jaquan Brisker  SS PennSt

Rd 5 Shaun Jolly CB App St

Rd5 Cory Durden DT NC

Rd6 Myron Tugalovia-Amosa DE ND

I know the offense needs help, but the defense will be depleted after FA. 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:32 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Meanwhile in Denver, Kyle Fuller doing what Kyle Fuller does (this catch ended up incomplete because of Fuller).  

A6CA3D28-FB9B-4C66-9578-F6E2971E80C1.jpeg

Just making sure we are talking about this Kyle Fuller?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/22/after-high-profile-signing-broncos-have-benched-kyle-fuller/

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Yep…amazing what a week (or so) difference will make.  And funny how a benching can change one’s perspective.

Can’t say any of our current DBs are much better.  Not suggesting that keeping Fuller was wise due to the money involved but just more so piling on how badly Pace is at evaluating talent.  

22 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I watched most games this year and only missed games due to being with my wife while she was hospitalized for 2 weeks.  Couldn't tell you a thing about last year because I only caught a few quarters of actions here and there.  

I pray your wife is ok and hope to hear your perspective on a regular basis...🍻

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I pray your wife is ok and hope to hear your perspective on a regular basis...🍻

Thank you.  She is back home now but has a long road to recovery.  So far she's off to a good start and is already able to stand and walk a little bit.   

On 11/12/2021 at 1:38 AM, AZ54 said:

Thank you.  She is back home now but has a long road to recovery.  So far she's off to a good start and is already able to stand and walk a little bit.   

Glad to hear about your wife. Sounds like she still has a long road for recovery. Wishing you and her the very best. 

Peace

On 11/11/2021 at 12:14 AM, AZ54 said:

I watched most games this year and only missed games due to being with my wife while she was hospitalized for 2 weeks.  Couldn't tell you a thing about last year because I only caught a few quarters of actions here and there.  

I missed this post. I am glad your wife is back home, I hope she is getting better. If you ever need anything, hit me up on the DM. 

On 11/15/2021 at 12:01 PM, adam said:

I missed this post. I am glad your wife is back home, I hope she is getting better. If you ever need anything, hit me up on the DM. 

Thanks.  While I'm busy with the family you and everyone else here are keeping me up to date on all things Bears.  Plus your perspectives on how our players and team compare to others around the league is always a nice read.