Week 11 Official Game Thread: BAL at CHI (+4.5), O/U 45, NOV 21, 12PM CST / CBS

adam

This is going to be an extremely interesting matchup. Baltimore has the #1 Rushing Offense in the league, but their leading rusher is Jackson. On the flip side they have the worst passing defense in the league allowing 283 yds per game. 

Foles or Dalton as the Scout Team QB (playing as Jackson) is really going to prepare our defense well lol.

Mack hasn't played in almost a month and was still not practicing on Wednesday. Hicks was out, Jackson was out. Trevathan was out. ARob was out. I am hoping this was more of extended rest to get them closer to 100% than anything else. 

If the Bears can contain Mark Andrews and limit the huge chunk plays to Brown, they have a chance.  I am hoping for another solid showing from Fields, but in the end the Bears defense won't do enough. Ravens 31-27. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Maybe this will help?  Former teammate of Mack’s back in Oakland. 

Can't hurt, but now it seems like Mack may be out longer, which begs the question, why didn't they put him on IR and gain a roster spot for the last month?

So after all the years in SEA, then OAK, Irvin had his most sacks in Carolina, two years ago at 32 with 8.5 and his first safety of his career. So he has at least had recent success even though he hasn't played since an injury early last year. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Can't hurt, but now it seems like Mack may be out longer, which begs the question, why didn't they put him on IR and gain a roster spot for the last month?

It seems the defense is banged up across the board.  When you have a player like Cassius Marsh out there (after being signed earlier that week) you know injuries are stacking up.  The good thing is that when Fields started to go off against Pittsburgh so  did the defense.  As long as the scheme is solid they should be able to handle Baltimore.  

10 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And the hits keep coming…

This made sense based on the Irvin move. Still crazy that they kept him on the active roster for a month before deciding to do this. The team was basically playing with less players just to carry him on the roster. Same with Trevathan.

I am assuming you are going to see a few more "vets" go on season ending IR in the next few weeks to justify bringing up some younger players to evaluate. 

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Robert Quinn!!!!!  He’s putting together quite the season! 

Two great plays there for Quinn, the Edge Rushers are going to have to compress the pocket.

There is no reason we shouldn't dominate this game. Jackson was literally 90% of their offense. So their top passer, rusher, and receiver (Brown) are out. I don't care who we have out there, this has to be a win.

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And Santos misses?  Uhm…. 

It reminds me of the hitters that do the HR Derby. Their swing is messed up for the rest of the year. Same for golf after a big hitter competition. Now Santos' kicking groove is off because he probably strained too hard on that long kick in PIT, ugh.

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And Quinn AGAIN!!!! Strip sack!! Darn the ball didn’t stay in play.  

2 sacks on 2 drives. He almost had a forced fumble on the first one and got one on that one. He is going to get a turnover by the end of the day. 

7 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

You can tell Mooney and Fields are building something special. 

It’s good having Romo calling the game.  Critiquing some of what Justin is doing.  Essentially verbalizing the positive tweaks he’s making.  

Yeah I like Romo's commentary. There is way too much space in the running lanes. 4 yards on every run. All they have to do is keep running up the gut.