Week 17 Official Game Thread NYG at CHI, We are going streaking!

adam

Bears look to go 2-0 in their last two weeks. This will likely be Nagy's last home game. 

I am assuming the Giants will be sending out our friend Mike Glennon. If that is the case, Quinn will have team record for sacks within the first two drives. 

If you thought the Bears team was bad, the Giants are worse. They only have 1 win on the road and have lost their last 4 and 5 out of the last 6. They have failed to score 14 pts in 5 of their last 6. 

I have a feeling this will be the Bears biggest win of the season, 31-13.

3 hours ago, adam said:

I am assuming the Giants will be sending out our friend Mike Glennon. If that is the case, Quinn will have team record for sacks within the first two drives. 

Funny...but I think you're right.   

Reading about the Giants dysfunction is very similar to reading about the Bears current state but weirdly enough, yes the Giants are a bigger mess.  The fans in NY want EVERYONE gone from the owners on down.  

Do we know who will start at QB for us yet?  If its Foles, I predict a last minute win (just because that seems to be how Foles plays for the Bears).  If its Andy, he'll play to about the second half (with a slight lead) then head into the locker room with a mysterious injury.  If its Fields he'll get the team way ahead in by half-time then fumble the ball a few times in the second half to keep the Giants in it.  Whomever it ends up being the Bears should win the game. 

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Funny...but I think you're right.   

Reading about the Giants dysfunction is very similar to reading about the Bears current state but weirdly enough, yes the Giants are a bigger mess.  The fans in NY want EVERYONE gone from the owners on down.  

Do we know who will start at QB for us yet?  If its Foles, I predict a last minute win (just because that seems to be how Foles plays for the Bears).  If its Andy, he'll play to about the second half (with a slight lead) then head into the locker room with a mysterious injury.  If its Fields he'll get the team way ahead in by half-time then fumble the ball a few times in the second half to keep the Giants in it.  Whomever it ends up being the Bears should win the game. 

It is Fields unless his ankle is still injured. Otherwise, I think it will be Foles again. It must be hard on the offense to keep switching QBs. Hard to get into a rhythm with cadence and drop back speed, etc. 

Nick Foles must really be in the doghouse. You would think it would be better to just stick with the same QB or go back to Fields. How does Nagy think a rusty Dalton is better than a fresh Foles? That is crazy.

I am wondering if they are just protecting Fields from any further injuries? 

It will be curious to see what the O-Line looks like, are Borom or Jenkins going to play, or is Nagy going back to Peters and Ifedi?

3 hours ago, adam said:

Nick Foles must really be in the doghouse. You would think it would be better to just stick with the same QB or go back to Fields. How does Nagy think a rusty Dalton is better than a fresh Foles? That is crazy.

Wonder if there’s contract language that says since he was brought in to be the #1 he has to be able to play at least #2 if he’s able?  🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:
3 hours ago, adam said:

Wonder if there’s contract language that says since he was brought in to be the #1 he has to be able to play at least #2 if he’s able?  🤷🏻‍♂️

That would be crazy. 

2nd drive, PD by Burns, INT by Gipson. Bears inside the 25 again.

Dalton's first pass attempt, sack, 2nd bubble screen. On 3rd Down, of course, a throw short of the sticks. Monty makes a great play and they push him for a first down. 

Next set of downs, check down Charlie. Then on 3rd, short of the sticks AGAIN. 

Mooney has to learn how to get both feet down better. He didn't on a sideline play and barely did on the TD. 

Bears up 14-0 on two turnovers by Mike Glennon.

On 1/1/2022 at 10:28 AM, adam said:

I am wondering if they are just protecting Fields from any further injuries? 

It will be curious to see what the O-Line looks like, are Borom or Jenkins going to play, or is Nagy going back to Peters and Ifedi?

Disgraceful that the young guys didn’t start.

Bears won 29-3, held Glennon to 4 completions for 24 yards with a net passing of -10, LOL. Why would the Giants not start Fromm? 

Quinn got the sack record in the 16th game, so no asterisk. Gipson had two strip sacks. Blackson had his best game, a safety, 2 TFL and a sack. Huge game for him. Gipson and Bush had INTs (not Jackson again lol). I guess Graham had a good game, the Giants WRs only had 1 reception for 12 yards. 

The offense was pretty mediocre for playing a bad team. Mooney had 7 receptions for 69 yards and needs 71 to hit 1K on the year in Game 17. 

Dalton was bad, I would've rather had Foles in there. Dalton missed throws, most were short, and he should've had multiple INTs but ended up with only 1. He had a 63.1 Passer Rating and averaged 4.9 yards an attempt on 35 attempts. If he was 

Monty had 81 total yards and now has 1071 yards from scrimmage on the season, but also threw a Red Zone INT on a Wildcat play. It should've been a TD to Kmet (which would be his first lol).

The defense has actually had a decent year, especially without Mack. Too bad it was a wasted year.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Not sure why ARob is bothering with suiting up anymore.  That Dalton interception was all on him.  He literally pushed the defender into position then stopped. I used to be a fan of ARobs but no longer. 

Robinson took iv before game just to play. I think it is trendy to say he mailed it in but that doesn’t sound like a guy mailing it in. Dude has not had the season he expected. He dealt with injuries and issues with chemistry with Fields but he lost 10ths from Covid and had multiple Iv in last couple of days including this morning just to get out there. 

I still think if I ran the team, presuming him and Fields can put in the work this offseason(and I see no reason they wouldn’t) I would be okay bringing him back while also drafting another wideout. If they don’t they have to land another free agent wideout. 

That said I get it if they want to go with a quicker guy cause Fields isn’t playing like a qb who will fit well with Robinson. 

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Bears won 29-3, held Glennon to 4 completions for 24 yards with a net passing of -10, LOL. Why would the Giants not start Fromm? 

Quinn got the sack record in the 16th game, so no asterisk. Gipson had two strip sacks. Blackson had his best game, a safety, 2 TFL and a sack. Huge game for him. Gipson and Bush had INTs (not Jackson again lol). I guess Graham had a good game, the Giants WRs only had 1 reception for 12 yards. 

The offense was pretty mediocre for playing a bad team. Mooney had 7 receptions for 69 yards and needs 71 to hit 1K on the year in Game 17. 

Dalton was bad, I would've rather had Foles in there. Dalton missed throws, most were short, and he should've had multiple INTs but ended up with only 1. He had a 63.1 Passer Rating and averaged 4.9 yards an attempt on 35 attempts. If he was 

Monty had 81 total yards and now has 1071 yards from scrimmage on the season, but also threw a Red Zone INT on a Wildcat play. It should've been a TD to Kmet (which would be his first lol).

The defense has actually had a decent year, especially without Mack. Too bad it was a wasted year.

Desai is a really good coach. 

After how bad this season has been, the Bears could have the same record as the Vikings with a win next week, and possibly the same record as the Browns and Saints, and only 1 less win than the Chargers and Ravens depending on how next week goes. That to me is crazy. The Bears basically got robbed of 2 wins by the officials too.

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Jenkins hurt his shoulder and didn’t practice. I don’t know why Borom didn’t play but Jenkins not playing was due to health. 

I thought both Borom and Jenkins played today.  Borom started and pretty sure I saw Jenkins in the lineup late in the game. Edit: Turns out Jenkins was in as an extra blocker during that I’ll fated Wildcat play where Monty threw an INT. 

31 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Robinson took iv before game just to play. I think it is trendy to say he mailed it in but that doesn’t sound like a guy mailing it in. Dude has not had the season he expected. He dealt with injuries and issues with chemistry with Fields but he lost 10ths from Covid and had multiple Iv in last couple of days including this morning just to get out there. 

It’s commendable of him to get out and play today.  But after what I saw earlier in the season when he completely missed a block (never really tried) when Justin was scrambling behind him and other times he didn’t try on his routes I’m not sure his heart has been in it.  Didn’t he skip working out with Justin in the off-season when he and Mooney were working together?