Bears requested formal approval to meet with Frazier

DABEARSDABOMB

Thought this was interesting - one because he is a really good candidate, but 2 the timing. Seemed quick given they are likely to focus on a GM first. The only reason you would want to fast track some of the coaches might be because there are a few you think you might move on before you hire a GM (i.e., Harbaugh).  

I think getting the GM in place is more important than HC at this point.  Maybe they’ve already got a person in mind?  I’d like them to consider Champ Kelly.  He’s been targeted from other teams for their GM jobs but is already a Bears insider.  I read the second name on the list below, Morocco Brown, has also been touted.  

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/?p=494305

I'm not sold on Morocco Brown, he has some bad draft choices to his name (Manziel!) but Champ Kelly is a good one. He was an elite player, so he gets it, and has proven the other skills since. Im not sure how I feel about Frazier. Id like an offensive guy, but he is definitely worth interviewing.

6 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I'm not sold on Morocco Brown, he has some bad draft choices to his name (Manziel!) but Champ Kelly is a good one. He was an elite player, so he gets it, and has proven the other skills since. Im not sure how I feel about Frazier. Id like an offensive guy, but he is definitely worth interviewing.

Are you confusing Champ Kelly and Champ Bailey?  But in general - as much as I here good things about Kelly, I'm looking outside of the org for the next hire at GM.  

Just now, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Are you confusing Champ Kelly and Champ Bailey?  But in general - as much as I here good things about Kelly, I'm looking outside of the org for the next hire at GM.  

I AM! thank you.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Being college scouting director doesn't give him final say on who the teams draft. Not sure you can pin Manzel on him. If you look at his bio, he has been involved in some very good drafts. He was here for 6 years yrs during Lovies tenure.