Mock Drafts

adam

18 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Something like this

IMG_20220413_073740_949.jpg

I'd be ecstatic to get Raimann and Pierce with our 2nds.  Moore I'd be okay with but he would be splitting time with Pringle which is there is nothing wrong having competition. Salyer and Cross would be two nice pieces too.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, adam said:

I am really hoping for at least one trade back and the ability to pick up at least a 4th or potentially another 3rd. The sweet spot of this draft seems to be between 30 and 80. 

Our 39th pick is super interesting. Seattle has the next two picks, so there is a good chance they will pick someone that is #1 on the board for a few other teams. I could see teams wanting to leapfrog them to ensure they get their guy. 

So hypothetically, would you select Jalen Pitre, CB from Baylor at #39 or would you trade back with someone like ATL (has 2x 2nds and 2x 3rds), CLE (has 2x 3rds) or PHI (has 2x 3rds, 3x 5ths) for their 2nd and a 3rd or 4th?

To me, unless a top WR or OL falls, I am looking to trade back.

I also think Seattle trades WR DJ Metcalf for a 1st RD pick during the draft.  

I would give them pick 39 straight up for him giving them 3 picks in a row.  

Otherwise, I would trade down unless a OL or WR is there that they want. WRs will be slim the way teams ate them up in FA.

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I'd be ecstatic to get Raimann and Pierce with our 2nds.  Moore I'd be okay with but he would be splitting time with Pringle which is there is nothing wrong having competition. Salyer and Cross would be two nice pieces too.

Moore and Pringle can also play outside. Its never going to be a certain set, all of them will see a lot of playing time. Almost everywhere, Moore is higher rated than Pierce, but  Pierce is the big speed guy this team needs. If Seattle trades DJ, it won't accept our #2, even other don't get it done.

11 hours ago, scs787 said:

Like Adam said, there is a sweet spot in the 30-50 range and I think thats gonna make trading down enticing. If we're talking moving down 5ish spots for another top 100, I think you do it. 

Absolutely. There is very little drop off from 40-70. That's where the evaluations come in. I still think #39 has the most potential for trade candidates with the Seattle back to back picks following the Bears. 

Getting another pick in the top 100 would be huge.

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Moore and Pringle can also play outside. Its never going to be a certain set, all of them will see a lot of playing time. Almost everywhere, Moore is higher rated than Pierce, but  Pierce is the big speed guy this team needs. If Seattle trades DJ, it won't accept our #2, even other don't get it done.

"Big" is the word to use here as the bears have speed. Pringle may have a 4.43 on record but he plays a lot faster than that. I read an article where he was clocked in at a top speed of 21.14 MPH last year which is right up there with the top guys in the league. 

14 minutes ago, scs787 said:

"Big" is the word to use here as the bears have speed. Pringle may have a 4.43 on record but he plays a lot faster than that. I read an article where he was clocked in at a top speed of 21.14 MPH last year which is right up there with the top guys in the league. 

Well Watson, and Pierce are big and faster, so why not have both. I think Pringle is going to be very good. You add a big X WR and  our passing game will look totally different. If we just had a average OC last year , everything would have been better. 

Mooney- Pringle-St Brown, Kmet and Montgomery out of the backfield plus a couple rookies, this will be some good Sun afternoon fun. 

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Well Watson, and Pierce are big and faster, so why not have both. I think Pringle is going to be very good. You add a big X WR and  our passing game will look totally different. If we just had a average OC last year , everything would have been better. 

Mooney- Pringle-St Brown, Kmet and Montgomery out of the backfield plus a couple rookies, this will be some good Sun afternoon fun. 

Totally agree.  The difference between 6'0 fast and 6'4 faster is staggering no matter what analytics you put to it.  It's more rare for a Tyreek Hill or Steve Smith to be there playing like a big man.  On a side note, Steve Smith loves Skyy Moore, says he's a clone of himself.

25 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I just felt the need to point that out. Pringle averaged 24.1 YPC at Kansas State. He was a bad kid and had some troubles with the law in his youth and I think thats why he went undrafted. Going to KC where Hill and Kelce dominated the targets as future hall of famers really limited what I think he can do for the bears.

I think he's got the potential to be just as good as another K State WR....Tyler Lockett. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I just felt the need to point that out. Pringle averaged 24.1 YPC at Kansas State. He was a bad kid and had some troubles with the law in his youth and I think thats why he went undrafted. Going to KC where Hill and Kelce dominated the targets as future hall of famers really limited what I think he can do for the bears.

I think he's got the potential to be just as good as another K State WR....Tyler Lockett. 

That's a very good comparison with Lockett. Tyler is a bit faster. When they do the advance metrics, Pringle actually was second in the league last year in route separation which means he gets open. As much as Mooney has worked hard to be good, I can see Pringle the leader in receptions this year.

55 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That's a very good comparison with Lockett. Tyler is a bit faster. When they do the advance metrics, Pringle actually was second in the league last year in route separation which means he gets open. As much as Mooney has worked hard to be good, I can see Pringle the leader in receptions this year.

His 40 time is a bit faster, but Pringle actually had a better 3 cone drill than Lockett which tells me he's good with change of direction and that helps with getting open. 

I still really like Mooney as well, and he's been training with Fields all off-season and thats only gonna help. 

Bears have brought in a few later round WRs for visits....I would not be the least bit upset if they wait till day 3 to get a WR.

I expect Kmet and Monty to have a high volume of catches as well. 

44 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I can see the Bears using a 5th on TE or a gadget RB/WR to replace Grant/Cohen.   Bo Melton maybe? 

It's possible.  Getsy has never called plays so idk how much stock I should put into looking at the packers offense the past few years, but they didn't appear to have any gadget type players. 

In 2020 the Pack had the number 1 offense in the league. They got 90 catches out of their RBs, 76 out of their TEs(52 from their #1), 33 a piece from their #2 and #3 and then the rest from Adams. 

10 hours ago, scs787 said:

It's possible.  Getsy has never called plays so idk how much stock I should put into looking at the packers offense the past few years, but they didn't appear to have any gadget type players. 

In 2020 the Pack had the number 1 offense in the league. They got 90 catches out of their RBs, 76 out of their TEs(52 from their #1), 33 a piece from their #2 and #3 and then the rest from Adams. 

It's still baffling that a team that believes it is ready to compete to win the Superbowl let's that much production walk out the door.  

46 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Greg Gabriel said he believes bears are drafting big people early, not skill positions. This after talking with people around the league. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they at least took 1x OL and 1x DL in the first 3 picks. 

14 hours ago, AZ54 said:

It's still baffling that a team that believes it is ready to compete to win the Superbowl let's that much production walk out the door.  

I think with paying Rodgers they realize paying Adams that money would doom the roster. KC, trade Hill same thing.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think with paying Rodgers they realize paying Adams that money would doom the roster. KC, trade Hill same thing.

That's for an offense that scored 10pts in a playoff game.  

On 4/15/2022 at 10:27 AM, scs787 said:

This stat on RB receptions plays well into Montgomery's production.  He's got the hands and he breaks tackles which should bode well for our offense.  Having this kind of a consistent outlet should also put Fields into a more comfortable position early on in the season while he's settling into the new offense.  

Mock Compilation

Using PFF, PFN, and TDN simulators, I ran them up to the 39th pick and noted who were the top 15 rated players available in each of the sites.

2 players were available and in the top 15 on all 3 sites: K. Walker, RB and C. Harris, LB

10 players were available and in the top 15 on 2 of 3 sites: Pitre, CB; Dotson, WR; Jackson, ED; Muma, LB; Hall, RB; Watson, WR; Smith, OT; Ojabo, ED; Jones, DT; Leal, DT

So just going off consensus rankings, which 2 guys would you be happy with at 39 and 48?

RB: Walker, Hall
WR: Dotson, Watson
OT: Smith
DL: Jones, Leal

ED: Jackson, Ojabo
LB: Harris, Muma
CB: Pitre

WRs that will be gone by 39: Wilson, London, Williams, Olave, Burks

Give me your top 3 from the following WRs as you would select them if available (NFL.com rating):

Christian Watson - 6.27 (6'4" - 4.36 40) 
Jahan Dotson - 6.25 (5'11" - 4.43 40) 
Skyy Moore - 6.24 (5'10" - 4.41 40) 
George Pickens - 6.23 (6'3" - 4.47 40) 
Jalen Tobert - 6.21 (6'1" - 4.49 40)
John Metchie - 6.18 (5'11" - INJ)
Alec Pierce - 6.16 (6'3" - 4.41 40)
Calvin Austin - 6.00 (5'8" - 4.32 40)
Tyquan Thompson - 5.97 (6'2" - 4.28) 
David Bell - 5.95 (6'1' - 4.65 40)

I would probably go Watson, Pickens, Pierce. All 3 are 6'3" or 6'4" and would create some mismatches with smaller DBs. Pierce is 211 lbs, Watson is 208 and Pickens is the lightest at 195. 

I really want a bigger WR to go along with Mooney.  

Watson is 1,   then I'm between Pickens and Pierce.  Since I have to choose I'll stay with the healthier and stronger/faster player in Pierce 2, Pickens 3.  I agree with the thought to have one taller receiver in the mix especially for redzone options.  

Some recent feedback I've seen:  TDN on Pickens -  he's limited in ways he can win and separate.  Great at adjusting to the ball, great hands, but is he going to handle press coverage and still get into his route on time?   In his defense he's had the injuries and less time to develop those route running skills.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/george-pickens-nfl-draft-player-breakdown

Moore - quite a few analysts have high praise for his game even as a late 1st Rd pick.  I like him but I'm a bit less enamored than that, plus he's a slot WR and I still prefer we find an X especially one who can get open deep to take advantage of Fields' skillset.   

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-which-prospect-might-not-be-a-first-round-pick-but-should-be