63 / 120 / 208 (CIN)

For #48, for a 2nd and a 4th:

53 / 125 (LV)
54 / 126 (NE)

Then for 71, they could do something this to pick up a 4th:

80/136 (HOU)
82/121 (IND)
83/123 (PHI)

So Poles has a ton of options with his first 3 picks. My guess is he pulls off at least one of these. 

Yes, please.

Trade 39 for 47 / 121 (IND).

Trade 48 for 53 / 125 (LV).

Bears end up with 2nd (47), 2nd (53), 3rd (71), 4th (121), 4th (125), 5th (147), 5th (149), 6th (184).

• 2nd (47) - Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
  • 2nd (53) - John Metchie III, WR, Alabama
  • 3rd (71) - Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson 
  • 4th (121) - Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
  • 4th (125) - Haskell Garrett, DT, Ohio State
  • 5th (147) - Logan Bruss, G, Wisconsin [Whitehair to Center, resign Daniels]
  • 5th (149) - Isaiah Pola-Moa, S, USC [Polamalu's nephew]
  • 6th (184) - Christopher Allen, OLB, Alabama

OFFENSE: Fields is set up with Jenkins-Bruss-Whitehair-Daniels-Faalele, and two high-upside receivers.

DEFENSE: Bryant starts day 1 opposite Jaylon Johnson, and it wouldn't shock me if Garrett snuck into a starting spot. I honestly think Pola-Moa is a sleeper in this draft, and could also start.

3 hours ago, jason said:

Yes, please.

Bears end up with 2nd (47), 2nd (53), 3rd (71), 4th (121), 4th (125), 5th (147), 5th (149), 6th (184).

• 6th (184) - Christopher Allen, OLB, Alabama

OFFENSE: Fields is set up with Jenkins-Bruss-Whitehair-Daniels-Faalele, and two high-upside receivers.

DEFENSE: Bryant starts day 1 opposite Jaylon Johnson, and it wouldn't shock me if Garrett snuck into a starting spot. I honestly think Pola-Moa is a sleeper in this draft, and could also start.

That would be awesome. 5 picks in the top 125, and 7 in the top 150. That would make for a quick turnaround for sure.

19 hours ago, jason said:

Yes, please.

• 6th (184) - Christopher Allen, OLB,

Good thought process, but I abhor the Faalele pick, as we need a left tackle. (Jenkins is not an LT IMO)  Now, if we happened to do a wild thing and sign Terron Armstead, we could do something really nasty with Faalele.

Fallele RT, Jenkins RG, Whitehair C, Borom LG, Armstead LT.

That would create a road grating OL for the run game.  And if Mustipher is a decent option with this new regime, cut Whitehair and save the money.

10 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Good thought process, but I abhor the Faalele pick, as we need a left tackle. (Jenkins is not an LT IMO)  Now, if we happened to do a wild thing and sign Terron Armstead, we could do something really nasty with Faalele.

Fallele RT, Jenkins RG, Whitehair C, Borom LG, Armstead LT.

That would create a road grating OL for the run game.  And if Mustipher is a decent option with this new regime, cut Whitehair and save the money.

I was a little surprised Jason chose Faalele too, at least that early.  Maybe Jason sees more in him than what's in the scouting reports.  It doesn't appears he's ready to start but a year or two down the road he should be.  Or do you park him at RT now and move Jenkins inside to RG and go heavy?  I lean toward drafting players in Rd 2 that can contribute this year.  

I too am on the Faalele train but, Poles has been clear about OL with lean bodies and movement. At 6/8 and 385 , that doesn't fit  what they are projecting so I'm looking at Tyler Smith OT out of Tulsa at 39,  George Pickens WR at 48 and Christian Watson WR at 71

1 hour ago, lemonej said:

I too am on the Faalele train but, Poles has been clear about OL with lean bodies and movement. At 6/8 and 385 , that doesn't fit  what they are projecting so I'm looking at Tyler Smith OT out of Tulsa at 39,  George Pickens WR at 48 and Christian Watson WR at 71

Faalele doesn't fit what the outside blocking scheme suggests. 39 would be to early for him as far as value. Rainnman fits scheme but a late one or early two . He might be there. I think they address the oline in free agency and instead of looking for a starter early more of a developmental player in round. 5 or 6. I think they find a OG to replace Whitehair in a year or two to eliminate his big contract.  A Cole Strange or Chris Paul. I tink they should go WR with two of there fi3 picks. Cheaper options instead of FA.

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Faalele doesn't fit what the outside blocking scheme suggests. 39 would be to early for him as far as value. Rainnman fits scheme but a late one or early two . He might be there. I think they address the oline in free agency and instead of looking for a starter early more of a developmental player in round. 5 or 6. I think they find a OG to replace Whitehair in a year or two to eliminate his big contract.  A Cole Strange or Chris Paul. I tink they should go WR with two of there fi3 picks. Cheaper options instead of FA.

I believe that the focus of this regime is clearly on getting out of some of the bad defensive contracts. Did you read my post really? I stated that Faalele is not a fit for what the Bears are going to do. BTW I use a big board from a draft site as my projection , what do you use and again did you actually read my post? Tyler Smith OT, George Pickens And Christian Watson both WRs

9 hours ago, lemonej said:

I would be down with Smith, Pickens, and Watson. That would be a nice haul for the first 3 picks.

I think you may be able to trade back and still get those 3 with an extra 4th or 5th rounder.

4 hours ago, lemonej said:

I believe that the focus of this regime is clearly on getting out of some of the bad defensive contracts. Did you read my post really? I stated that Faalele is not a fit for what the Bears are going to do. BTW I use a big board from a draft site as my projection , what do you use and again did you actually read my post? Tyler Smith OT, George Pickens And Christian Watson both WRs

Yes I read it I was agreeing with you. 

12 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I was a little surprised Jason chose Faalele too, at least that early.  Maybe Jason sees more in him than what's in the scouting reports.  It doesn't appears he's ready to start but a year or two down the road he should be.  Or do you park him at RT now and move Jenkins inside to RG and go heavy?  I lean toward drafting players in Rd 2 that can contribute this year.  

In my idea, Faalele goes to RT and Jenkins goes to LT. I don't know why I thought I heard/read somewhere that the Bears were ready to move Jenkins to LT. If that's not accurate, and it doesn't appear to be, then I'd just swap Faalele with Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State. Same draft otherwise.

Side note: I think the Bears should really target Metchie, Ross, and Pickens...and try hard to get two of the three. I believe all three are first round talent, but lack intangibles.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:34 AM, adam said:

I would be down with Smith, Pickens, and Watson. That would be a nice haul for the first 3 picks.

I think you may be able to trade back and still get those 3 with an extra 4th or 5th rounder.

This is the first GM we have had in a while that truly plays poker!

3 hours ago, lemonej said:

So my bad because I took it wrong ! Please forgive me we are Bear brothers and want the same thing!

Normally I would have mentioned it but already started writing the post and and went back to it later in between your post and me sending it. I got lazy.