Top FA Targets

adam

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

A little course correction here.  Brown was a RT for the Ravens and Ronnie Stanley got hurt.  Brown moved over and played very well.  At that point, he said "I'm a left tackle".  The Ravens wanted to keep him, but had no choice but to move him.  He is a very good RT, maybe the best in the league.

If he would agree to play RT for us, I would make him the highest paid one.  Problem is, his pride is telling him that he deserves top dollar at left tackle.

Regardless of Brown, I want Braxton Jones as our LT, as I think he is special.  To play the way he did, coming from a lesser program, admirable.  Nothing but upside this off season.  I think we need to concentrate on RT and a stud center.

If we were to sign him RT is where I'd like to see him play for us too   it's still not clear if he fits our ZBS    I've never watched enough of him to even hazard a guess but I definitely don't think he did that in Baltimore   

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

A little course correction here.  Brown was a RT for the Ravens and Ronnie Stanley got hurt.  Brown moved over and played very well.  At that point, he said "I'm a left tackle".  The Ravens wanted to keep him, but had no choice but to move him.  He is a very good RT, maybe the best in the league.

If he would agree to play RT for us, I would make him the highest paid one.  Problem is, his pride is telling him that he deserves top dollar at left tackle.

Regardless of Brown, I want Braxton Jones as our LT, as I think he is special.  To play the way he did, coming from a lesser program, admirable.  Nothing but upside this off season.  I think we need to concentrate on RT and a stud center.

The reason Brown got traded is he refused to go back to RT. Jones has grown enough in his first year to merit letting that experiment play out. I think they draft a OT that could slide to LT if Jones fades. Mauch comes to mind. Basically can play any spot on the OL. Of course Brown is better, but if you upgrade the rest of the line, it would still have positive results. Brown may end up being the highest paid LT in the league , with that money, Poles can add two starters on the OL.

Daniel Jones signed for $40M a year (lmao), so Barkley got tagged.

RB is going to be interesting with Pollard, Jacobs, and Barkley off the board. Media thinks Monty will end up in ATL (Pace) or KC (Nagy), so we will see. I would rather draft one (fresh legs) than sign one, unless it is a vet minimum guy for depth.

53 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

I don't think Mauch is better than Jones.  Thats just crazy talk. I'd love Brown but not to supplant Jones. To play right tackle for left tackle money. I wouldn't give two fucks which he wants to play. Sign that dotted line and I'll let you know where you're gonna play.

Its not that Mauch is better at this stage but gives you a high level prospect hat you could plug in anywhere in the line if someone fails. Brown is going to be paid elite LT money. No way Poles is paying that and moving him to RT. Truthfully he's not paying that and leave him at LT.

1 minute ago, killakrzydav said:

I would like Mauch on our team. I don't think he could beat out Jones. He could be a good guard tho.  Maybe even a right tackle. ZBS does he fit? He looks solid at a lot from what I have seen. 

ZBS? I just woke up,  brain ain't working right yet. You mean, Schmitz?

Does anybody remember the last time homie ran away from someone to the end zone?  Im getting old and the memory aint what it used to be. I know a few years back he had a 80 yarder but homie isn't a threat. At all. Nobody is ever worried when dude gets the rock. Worst case scenario, the opposing D runs him down 16 yards downfield.

15 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

I would like Mauch on our team. I don't think he could beat out Jones. He could be a good guard tho.  Maybe even a right tackle. ZBS does he fit? He looks solid at a lot from what I have seen. 

I think Mauch's strength is his... strength LOL he's a total mauler, but not a technical pass protector. I do see him as more of a RT or a guard. I think he's a beast tho, not sure i ever thought that about Jones. But if you're talking strictly LT, I think i agree that Jones > Mauch. But i think in the running game especially, Mauch is much better than Jones. But that's great - room for both then.

For better or for worst, this is what I think Poles is doing.

Resigns Monty for 3 yr 19.5 mil

If Dremont Jones is to expensive, he signs Kyle Allen.

Signs McGary, he played under the OL coach.

Signs Ethan Pocic, doesn't wait for the growth of a rookie

Mooney and Claypool plays on the outside, signs Olamide Zaccheaus to compete with V Jones in the slot.

Signs Bobby Okereke.

Keeps Whitehair for one more year.

4 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Does anybody remember the last time homie ran away from someone to the end zone?  Im getting old and the memory aint what it used to be. I know a few years back he had a 80 yarder but homie isn't a threat. At all. Nobody is ever worried when dude gets the rock. Worst case scenario, the opposing D runs him down 16 yards downfield.

I agree with your opinion, but I think Poles loves Montys intangibles and drafts a potential replacement. ( Chase Brown). Let's it play out.

5 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

for sure. but Monty's role on this team isnt a homerun hitter. Hes a great pass blocker, blitz protection guy, he has great vision, hes a north south runner, hes tough and finishes runs turning 3 yard gains into 6 yard gains, and he has the hands to catch the ball out of the backfield. i think thats what they need him for - moving the chains, picking up blitzes, pounding the ball over the goalline, and catching wheel routes and screens.

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We led the league in rushing last year with Monty. As we transition to more of a passing team, he becomes more valuable as pass blocker and pass catcher. We will be still top 5 but will be more balanced next year. 

That had a lot to do with Fields. Monty is solid, but it feels like they would've already extended him if they were going to bring him back. 

He is a career 3.9 YPC RB and in 2022 had a 4.0 average when Herbert led the league in YPC in the same offense. I wouldn't complain if they brought him back, but more for his work ethic than his performance on the field. 

Miles Sanders is a FA, and is coming from PHI where Cunningham came from. So it will be interesting to see the direction they go with this, or if they even address RB in free agency.

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

for sure. but Monty's role on this team isnt a homerun hitter. Hes a great pass blocker, blitz protection guy, he has great vision, hes a north south runner, hes tough and finishes runs turning 3 yard gains into 6 yard gains, and he has the hands to catch the ball out of the backfield. i think thats what they need him for - moving the chains, picking up blitzes, pounding the ball over the goalline, and catching wheel routes and screens.

agree. it's not just the speed that makes the back. if so you never would have even heard of w. payton. it's all the things combined... balance, strength, desire to go along with the ability as a blocker and receiver.