Draft Trade Rumors

AZ54

It's likely going to be a wild offseason with draft rumors.   Here we are fresh off the Senior Bowl with apparently two teams kicking the tires on a trade for #1.  It appears Tenn was one of the teams.  I say kicking the tires because at this point that's about all that is being done.  If this is true, most likely the Titans GM just wants to know if Poles would be willing to drop back to #11.   I'd say yes we are open to deals involving picks and players.  I assume we'd want to include Jeffrey Simmons.  Using Draftek.com trade chart:  

1ST PICK = 3000pts

11 =  1250, 41 = 490, 72 = 230. for a tot = 1970.   I don't know what Simmons would be considered in value but for sure we'd be looking at next year's 1st (one rd lower value so figure 490pts) and likely their 2nd Rd too (250pts).   Would Simmons cover the 300pt gap?  Or is he worth even more than that, maybe give back their 3rd Rd pick.   

The caveat here is if we sign say Payne and someone else at DT in FA.  Then we don't need another high priced DT.   For now this is just teams getting an idea if it's even worth talking about a deal down the road.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/todd-mcshay-says-texans-will-do-everything-bears-no1-pick

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

If we can trade from 1 to 2, 2 to 4 then to 11. That would be unprecedented. To drop from 4 to 11 , that would be expensive. Make them throw in Harold Landry, injury last year but if medical is good, A top pass rusher in the league. 12_sacks in 2021. 

We need a consensus top QB so somebody really wants to get to #1.   Then two who are really close behind in grades for that to work.  It's about that cluster of teams 7/8/9/11/13 (might as well toss in the Jets) who will need that 2nd or 3rd QB.   

I saw somewhere (social media?) someone comment on how excited they were to see what Poles and Cunningham come up with for the Bears this year.  Considering each has some connection to both the current super bowl teams (Poles = KC and Cunningham = Eagles). Found this interesting picture on FB.  Two different approaches to how they ‘got there’.  

1A548AD7-93B7-4A37-BCAF-9B70E2353D7B.jpeg

Rumor, in my neck of the woods, is that the Colts are all in to draft a QB.  Irsay is done with the retread route after Brissette, Rivers, Wentz and Ryan got him nothing.

My new personal pipe dream is that we trade back a minimum of two times for extra picks.  Before that, I want two new FA OL and at least one DT.  That way the draft can give us BPA.

With BPA, I'm not afraid to draft Dalton Kincaid with my first.  I'm also not afraid to draft a stud RB with second.  Since the WR position looks kind of weak, we gain explosives in other ways.  Lastly, EDGE and OC look deep.  Gimme, gimme, gimme...

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Rumor, in my neck of the woods, is that the Colts are all in to draft a QB.  Irsay is done with the retread route after Brissette, Rivers, Wentz and Ryan got him nothing.

My new personal pipe dream is that we trade back a minimum of two times for extra picks.  Before that, I want two new FA OL and at least one DT.  That way the draft can give us BPA.

With BPA, I'm not afraid to draft Dalton Kincaid with my first.  I'm also not afraid to draft a stud RB with second.  Since the WR position looks kind of weak, we gain explosives in other ways.  Lastly, EDGE and OC look deep.  Gimme, gimme, gimme...

I like Kincaid but not in the top 10. He could still be available in the second round if we pick up a higher pick there. In one month we will know more with FAgency.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I like Kincaid but not in the top 10. He could still be available in the second round if we pick up a higher pick there. In one month we will know more with FAgency.

There's always that possibility, but from what I'm seeing Kincaid is going top 20.  Every team is looking for that move TE that can shake loose in unison with the QB and the pocket shifting.  KMET is the prototypical inline TE and not suited for that role.  Kincaid's initial scouting report says he's a more agile Zach Ertz.

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I saw somewhere (social media?) someone comment on how excited they were to see what Poles and Cunningham come up with for the Bears this year.  Considering each has some connection to both the current super bowl teams (Poles = KC and Cunningham = Eagles). Found this interesting picture on FB.  Two different approaches to how they ‘got there’.  

1A548AD7-93B7-4A37-BCAF-9B70E2353D7B.jpeg

You would think the right side was the one with expensive QB, not the left. 

Also, not related to this image but Philly has 2 DL and 2 OL that are +10 year team vets still anchoring the trenches. That is hard to do nowadays, half of your D-Line and 40% of your O-Line starters locked down for that long?