Week 1 Official Game Thread - GB @ CHI, 09/10, 3:25PM CDT, CHI -1 O/U 43.5, FOX

adam

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

What a nightmare of a start. Turnover on downs, give Love perfect field position, give up 2 big 3rd down conversions on D, and then Love finds Doubs in the endzone on 3rd and goal with all day to throw.

This next drive for GB will be telling.  If they run the field we’re in trouble…if not then 👍

8 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

What the hell are these play calls? These WR screens make me want to scream. GB with a perfect opportunity to end the half with points. Just terrible execution, once again, by this offense—putting the defense in a severe disadvantage.

I know we got DJ Moore for a reason let's go downfield and if not take the checkdown, which we've done very successfully.  No need to get cute on WR screens especially when they are up tight on the LOS.  

We are clearly the better team, and bad coaching is killing us.

Going for it on 4th and 1 there is as stupid as betting your house on a coin toss to win $1. Its that thing where the coach wants to be on the field. Let the players play, dont out-cute everyone with nonsense. The 3rd down call was the same thing - super cute with the TE doing it. If you get rid of the cuteness surprise "advantage" that play is only betting your big guys can move theirs. So why do that behind Patrick? Why not run Foreman behind Davis and Wright?

And the false starts, and the over-reliance on screens.

We spent the whole half emotionally digging out from bad coaching, when we should be up 14.

Time to learn and make halftime adjustments guys, and write it down, dont go for it on 4th and 1 in that position ever again sheesh.

My first half summary:   

Too many bad coaching decisions are why we are losing.  No need to get cute on the 3rd and 1, 4th and short especially with an Oline that hasn't had much time playing together.   Does anyone really think Lucas Patrick is the power blocker you want to sneak behind?  

Too many penalties lack of discipline.  OTOH I love the way everyone rallied around Fields so I'll gladly take that one.  This young team and new offense needs that.    

Too many blown coverages.   With so many DBs, LBs missing time the last few weeks it really  shows.   

We're in the game just need to settle down and get back to basics.  

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic