Week 1 Official Game Thread - GB @ CHI, 09/10, 3:25PM CDT, CHI -1 O/U 43.5, FOX

adam

It's only a 1 score game, but if GB scores again to open the 2nd half, they're really going to put pressure on the Bears offense to do something, and soon. Just absolutely terrible execution in that 1st half, offensively. They can't block, can't run, and aren't really even threatening anything downfield, whatsoever. 

Jordan Love has been meh since the first drive, but if the Bears DL continues to stick to their blocks as much as they did in that 1st half, It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Love settle in and start gashing the Bears downfield in the 2nd half.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Matt Eberflus, you are officially on the hot seat. This is an absolute embarrassment. 

and Getsy. A few days ago I said there was no way the coaches were on the hot seat - well, I guess they're finding a way.

Wow, this is how you show up to an opening day game at home against an arch rival?

This team is toast. 

Both offensive and defensive schemes are terrible. Sending 4 and dropping 7 with no pressure ain't gonna work in this league.

Every coach and coordinator need to be on the hot seat. 

Fields does not look good. Looks exactly the same as last year. Late on throws make for easy interceptions.

They are clearly trying to protect Justin from sitting in the pocket and making a throw.

Also, the line is letting way too much pressure. Time to look at Feeney.

But in all of this, the worst is that the defensive line cannot generate pass pressure, that's why Love is looking so good. And that's gonna be a problem all season long.

i really dont want to be like last season where we are rooting to lose.

Why couldnt the coaches just call the game like we are a regular football team that calls plays we all know? With a QB who executes regular offensive plays? Maybe they know something we dont. Or maybe they are morons. Or Both!

6 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

They are clearly trying to protect Justin from sitting in the pocket and making a throw.

Also, the line is letting way too much pressure. Time to look at Feeney.

But in all of this, the worst is that the defensive line cannot generate pass pressure, that's why Love is looking so good. And that's gonna be a problem all season long.

i really dont want to be like last season where we are rooting to lose.

Why couldnt the coaches just call the game like we are a regular football team that calls plays we all know? With a QB who executes regular offensive plays? Maybe they know something we dont.

What sucks is the defense let up 3 HUGE plays that all resulted in TDs, then the pick-6 from Fields. That is 28 of the 38 pts. 7 was on the opening drive of 40 yards. 2 huge plays to Dillon and the blown coverage on Musgrave. That's all it takes to have a blowout. Love is still fools gold, but he made the plays he had to make. However, he had hours back there to throw and was rarely pressured. The game is so much easier in that environment.

this is as bad as any game last season.

i don't know if getsy is calling the garbage we saw or if it's a check down from fields. whatever the case this dink and dunk crap is an absolute joke. when you are down like they were and you can't even open up the field with some downfield passes speaks volumes.

fields will get about 4 more games to turn this around. personally i don't think he can. i don't think he is processing information fast enough to even be an above average qb let alone a franchise qb. i don't know about his accuracy because we never throw it further than 5 yds.

by week 10 we will see bagette so we know where we are drafting a qb next season.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Check down Charlie. We don't need Fields to do that, Bagent is more than capable of throwing checkdowns on EVERY play. 

Curious:  wonder if Getsy is hoping for Bagent to become the next Brock Purdy and since he obviously convinced Poles to bring Bagent to the Bears he’s thinking he’s the guy they need?  🤷🏻‍♂️

Its obvious the garbage game he called they don’t have as much faith in Justin as they let on. 

41 minutes ago, Lucky Luciano said:

i don't know if getsy is calling the garbage we saw or if it's a check down from fields. whatever the case this dink and dunk crap is an absolute joke. when you are down like they were and you can't even open up the field with some downfield passes speaks volumes.

It's Fields.  If it's a downfield pass, he waits too long and either takes a sack or runs.  For some reason he doesn't have the coincidence or trust to let it rip.  He has the worst rhythm of any starting quarterback I have ever seen. (No exaggeration)  Folks can blame the OL all they want.  It's Fields...

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Curious:  wonder if Getsy is hoping for Bagent to become the next Brock Purdy and since he obviously convinced Poles to bring Bagent to the Bears he’s thinking he’s the guy they need?  🤷🏻‍♂️

Its obvious the garbage game he called they don’t have as much faith in Justin as they let on. 

Just need to say, F Justin.  He is not  QB.

2 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

What the hell are these play calls? These WR screens make me want to scream. GB with a perfect opportunity to end the half with points. Just terrible execution, once again, by this offense—putting the defense in a severe disadvantage.

Either the play calls were terrible or the offensive coaching staff thinks Fields sucks or both. Awful awful offensive performance. 

I am not going to accept anything / not deal with excuses. If fields is legit - than we should see him overcome it and be good. This is black and white - if he is mediocre or we are trying to rationalize - than move on and draft a qb. 

I’ll give him this year and I get first game could be an anomaly, but that was not a good start. At all. That was an awful performance all around. Pathetic. 

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Justin Fields aint it. Is it too early to join the Caleb Williams sweepstakes?

Let’s just hope If they get to that point they have picks 1 and 2 - pick both qbs and pray to god they get one of them right haha. In all honestly - I put odds at 50 percent plus they are replacing qb next year. I hope not cause I really like Justin, but I have rationalized guys for years - put up or shut up time this year.