Weekly Tankathon Meter

adam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears currently #10.  They can win next week and still draft 10th if GB beats MIN tonight and MIN beats DET next week AND LVR beats DEN next week. 

If LVR beats DEN next week, the Bears can pick no worse than #11. The only team that can leap them is if the loser of GB vs MIN loses in Week 18. So if GB loses tonight, and to the Bears in Week 18, they would pick 10th. If MIN loses tonight and to DET, they would leap CHI. 

If LVR loses to DEN next week, the Bears would pick no worse than #12.

So the Bears are locked into 10-12th right now with a win next week.

If they happen to lose, the best they could do is 8th (if NYJ and ATL win in Week 18), and no worse than 10th.  So 8-10th.

OVERALL - 8th best pick, 12th worst pick

Not bad at all for a potential 8 win team in the hunt late in Week 17.

The most hilarious thing is Green Bay now stuck in the NFL purgatory zone between 7-8 wins annually drafting mid-teens with no shot at a top QB with Love doing just enough to win some and lose some.

12 hours ago, adam said:

The most hilarious thing is Green Bay now stuck in the NFL purgatory zone between 7-8 wins annually drafting mid-teens with no shot at a top QB with Love doing just enough to win some and lose some.

I hate to say it but Love has gotten better thru the season.

50 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I hate to say it but Love has gotten better thru the season.

He has but he gets way too lucky on too many passes. This is his first full season on tape, the league will adjust. He will have a much harder time next season. He throws to a lot of wide open receivers.

Crazy to think Love will average 255 yards per game (passing+rushing) and Fields in 12 games counting the one he got hurt in averages 253 yds per game. 

We might need to load up on TEs that can catch. Larger catch radii for our qb and more redone targets. People that get lots of separation like Oregons Franklin or receivers that excel in contested catch situations would help. Im glad he doesn't get to down on the guys when they drop these touchdowns.

With the Saints about to win, the Bears are guaranteed no worse than the #12 pick. That also means the Falcons lose, making the best pick the Bears can get is #9. 

#9 - With Bears loss
#10 - Can't get 10th pick due to SoS, either 9th or 11th/12th.
#11 - With a Bears win and Raiders win.
#12 - With a Bears win and Raiders loss.

NE's loss locks them in for #2 or #3 depending on WAS/DAL game.

WAS is either drafting #2 with loss, #3 with win and ARZ win, or #4 with win and ARZ loss.

ARZ is either drafting #3 with a loss and WAS win, or #4 with a loss and WAS loss. ARZ can drop all the way to #6 with a win and NYG and LAC losses.

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Bears lose, draft #9.  They got 2 top 10 picks! That is the silver lining. You feel ok taking a QB knowing you have a 2nd top 10 pick.

I'm still trending on trade that no. 1 overall for a boat load of picks now and in the future. Hey, we could still get a QB at 9.

Trade #1 down to #3, and take the QB there. Penix or Daniels and get a next years #1 in addition or a great player on a decent contract, WR or DL.

According to the Hill chart, the #1 pick is worth 1000 points, and the #3 pick is worth half of that. Especially this year. So maybe 1 goes down to 3 for next years first AND a player.

Then pick up what you need at #9, or trade that down for a lower first and a second. Grab a C with the 2nd rounder.

And there is free agency coming too and Bears have like $80 Mil to spend.

needs: QB, WR2, OC, OL, FS, DL

54 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

I'm still trending on trade that no. 1 overall for a boat load of picks now and in the future. Hey, we could still get a QB at 9.

Trades are still in play for both of the picks I believe. 

30 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Trade #1 down to #3, and take the QB there. Penix or Daniels and get a next years #1 in addition or a great player on a decent contract, WR or DL.

According to the Hill chart, the #1 pick is worth 1000 points, and the #3 pick is worth half of that. Especially this year. So maybe 1 goes down to 3 for next years first AND a player.

Then pick up what you need at #9, or trade that down for a lower first and a second. Grab a C with the 2nd rounder.

And there is free agency coming too and Bears have like $80 Mil to spend.

needs: QB, WR2, OC, OL, FS, DL

Going to 2 or 3 seems like the most likely option if they don't use the #1 pick. I don't think they go lower than that.

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Going to 2 or 3 seems like the most likely option if they don't use the #1 pick. I don't think they go lower than that.

not if they want a good QB I agree

24 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

not if they want a good QB I agree

Yeah, it's 1, 2, or 3. Poles runs the draft. It is arguably the biggest decision for an NFL GM in as long as I can remember.

Can you remember another team that had such a high stakes decision like this in recent memory?

Just now, adam said:

Yeah, it's 1, 2, or 3. Poles runs the draft. It is arguably the biggest decision for an NFL GM in as long as I can remember.

Can you remember another team that had such a high stakes decision like this in recent memory?

no, you're right. its high drama.

We are at an inflection point - we could go way up or way down from here. A lot of teams picking number 1 have lots of problems to fix that a couple picks wont fix. But we truly are set up to make major change from here.

If they keep Flooser, I think Poles is gone next year.

38 minutes ago, adam said:

Last year when the Carolina  GM choose Young. Of course he is already fired.