Weekly Tankathon Meter

adam

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Sorry, you lost me.  What's the intent of this?

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Sorry, you lost me.  What's the intent of this?

He was just taking a shot at me , his answer has nothing to do with the statement I made. Not sure how hoping you team wins makes me ignorant but hey, he was  the only person on this site that was sad we beat the Vikings. 

BEARS WIN. WE ALL LOSE

When he says he didnt say that its week 12 thread, page 4, last statement.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Stingers being an ass again, calling me not a true fan because I want to draft a new QB and get a new head coach. I want to be a dominant team, not win some meaningless games that dont affect our playoff outcome.

Given that the title of the thread is "Tankathon" it's not like I'm the only human that has ever thought this.

But whether you want to win these games because you want to instill a culture of winning, or because you just like to see the Bears win, or whether youd rather think long term and not win now, either way you can be a "true fan" despite his constant and ridiculous baiting. (bating?)

it's not meant to anyone else, no matter what they think of winning this year. We are all true fans in any case.

14 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Stingers being an ass again, calling me not a true fan because I want to draft a new QB and get a new head coach. I want to be a dominant team, not win some meaningless games that dont affect our playoff outcome.

Given that the title of the thread is "Tankathon" it's not like I'm the only human that has ever thought this.

But whether you want to win these games because you want to instill a culture of winning, or because you just like to see the Bears win, or whether youd rather think long term and not win now, either way you can be a "true fan" despite his constant and ridiculous baiting. (bating?)

it's not meant to anyone else, no matter what they think of winning this year. We are all true fans in any case.

I never referred to you, you have told everyone how much you love the bears, I was referring to people that root for us to lose, oh wait a minute, never mind.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I never referred to you, you have told everyone how much you love the bears, I was referring to people that root for us to lose, oh wait a minute, never mind.

exactly - just because youre being a passive aggressive little bully wanna be - doesnt mean you arent doing it. Youve literally been doing it to me for YEARS. I warned you I wasnt gonna take it anymore. Now I wont.

Youre such an idiot, you really are. Why dont you just stfu about me and then we wont need to do this.

What a child.

And like I said before, you wouldnt say ANY of this to my face.

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

exactly - just because youre being a passive aggressive little bully wanna be - doesnt mean you arent doing it. Youve literally been doing it to me for YEARS. I warned you I wasnt gonna take it anymore. Now I wont.

Youre such an idiot, you really are. Why dont you just stfu about me and then we wont need to do this.

What a child.

Your problem is (in technical terms) a persecution complex. I made a general statement about my opinion about fandom, but of course I am not allowed to have an opinion because it might hurt your feelings. I thought we were not going to respond to each others comments to avoid this chatter. I responded to a comment that Mongo made. You just cant get away from conflict. 

From now on I am going to ask Adam to proof read my answers so it doesnt hurt you feeling before I post them. Hopefully that way you can stop your name calling bullshit once and for all.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Your problem is (in technical terms) a persecution complex. I made a general statement about my opinion about fandom, but of course I am not allowed to have an opinion because it might hurt your feelings. I thought we were not going to respond to each others comments to avoid this chatter. I responded to a comment that Mongo made. You just cant get away from conflict. 

From now on I am going to ask Adam to proof read my answers so it doesnt hurt you feeling before I post them. Hopefully that way you can stop your name calling bullshit once and for all.

oh yeah YOURE the victim. IM the one with the persecution complex. What a freakin joke. You just demonstrated that you know exactly what youre doing with the previous post.

You know exactly what you do. Just shut the f*ck up and you wont hear from me again. Just. Shut. Up. That is all.

But if you keep playing these childish games, Im gonna keep calling you out, because Ive reached my limit for your faux dominance. It's so out of order. Like I said, you'd NEVER say this shit to my face. I put up with it for a VERY long time, being the adult in the room, not responding. But Im done.

You wanna keep poking me Im gonna keep calling you out on it. Im a grown man and i dont have to take this nonsense. At some point everyone else on this board will be sick of it. Some will think it's my fault. I cant change that. But Im not gonna shut up and be anyones bitch just so that others dont misunderstand me.

If that means I get removed, then so be it. If it means you get removed, then GREAT. if it means that you just STOP then that's the best. SO STOP.

But yeah. I am DONE with your bullshit - whatever else happens that is whatever else happens. I will retain my self respect, and defend it here too.

So again, shut the f*ck up you impotent bully wanna be. Capiche?

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

oh yeah YOURE the victim. IM the one with the persecution complex. What a freakin joke.

You know exactly what you do. Just shut the freak up and you wont hear from me again. Just. Shut. Up. That is all.

But if you keep playing these childish games, Im gonna keep calling you out, because Ive reached my limit for your faux dominance. It's so out of order. Like I said, you'd NEVER say this shit to my face. I put up with it for a VERY long time, being the adult in the room, not responding. But Im done.

You wanna keep poking me Im gonna keep calling you out on it. Im a grown man and i dont have to take this nonsense. At some point everyone else on this board will be sick of it. Some will think it's my fault. I cant change that. But Im not gonna shut up and be anyones bitch just so that others dont misunderstand me.

If that means I get removed, then so be it. If it means you get removed, then GREAT. if it means that you just STOP then that's the best. SO STOP.

But yeah. I am DONE with your bullshit - whatever else happens that is whatever else happens. I will retain my self respect, and defend it here too.

So again, shut the freak up you impotent bully wanna be. Capiche?

If you're done throwing a fit, Im going to have Adam proof read  my comments before I post them, are you Okay with that? I dont know what else to do . I suggest yoga it can allow you have more self control , it has worked wonders for me, all this name calling by you and I have never threatened you or called you names. Opps, I did call you an asshole once. I do apologize for that . 

Riiiight.

Such a caring note, no sense of condescention in it at all. It's not like as youre pretending to be so nice, youre still saying Im crazy and you have no idea whats happening.

What a total assh*le move dude. Anyone can see youre still playing your game. I shouldnt even have to describe it.

All you have to do is to STOP TALKING ABOUT ME directly or indirectly. thats it. Its that simple. But you know that. Im saying this for other people reading this. All you gotta do is stop.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Riiiight.

Such a caring note, no sense of condescention in it at all. It's not like as youre pretending to be so nice, youre still saying Im crazy and you have no idea whats happening.

What a total assh*le move dude. Anyone can see youre still playing your game. I shouldnt even have to describe it.

All you have to do is to STOP TALKING ABOUT ME directly or indirectly. thats it. Its that simple. But you know that. Im saying this for other people reading this. All you gotta do is stop.

I've read all of your and Stingers dialogue.  What I don't understand is your constant bashing of him.  Just being impartial, because I consider both of you Bears brothers. You seem way out of line, by comparison, to what he is writing.  I don't see all subtle mental shit, you are accusing him of.  Sorry for getting in between your and his battle, but I'm just tired of it.

I figured this would be the outcome. I know I am the one making noise. Like the player being flagged for responding.

Youll just have to take it on faith that I have been putting up with it for years from him.

But the good news I dont want it at ALL. And I dont fight with the rest of you at all either. As long as he leaves me alone, there will be no problem.

But at the same time, Im not gonna be his bitch either. I doubt any of you would either. Of course not.

And lastly, to the silly idea that I am not a fan because I want this QB and coach gone, and that I think that meaningless wins only worsen our draft position and make arguments for keeping these guys - it's cool to disagree, but why would I care if I wasnt a fan? I want a dominant winning team, not a team that barely manages to beat bad teams. I know Im not the only one.

Again, feel free to disagree with me, Im not taking any of that personally. But I think it's obvious that I want the Bears to succeed in the long run, and pretending otherwise is just stupid.

12 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I figured this would be the outcome. I know I am the one making noise. Like the player being flagged for responding.

Youll just have to take it on faith that I have been putting up with it for years from him.

But the good news I dont want it at ALL. And I dont fight with the rest of you at all either. As long as he leaves me alone, there will be no problem.

But at the same time, Im not gonna be his bitch either. I doubt any of you would either. Of course not.

And lastly, to the silly idea that I am not a fan because I want this QB and coach gone, and that I think that meaningless wins only worsen our draft position and make arguments for keeping these guys - it's cool to disagree, but why would I care if I wasnt a fan? I want a dominant winning team, not a team that barely manages to beat bad teams. I know Im not the only one.

Again, feel free to disagree with me, Im not taking any of that personally. But I think it's obvious that I want the Bears to succeed in the long run, and pretending otherwise is just stupid.

I don't think you understand how much you and your posts are valued here.  We only have 10-15 really solid members and you and Stinger are right in the core of it.  I jack with people all the time and hope it's never taken wrong.  If anyone F's with you too much, I got you.  That's what friends are for...

I make comments on here and have opinions, making a comment of my definition of what I think a true fan might be, is not an attempt to ripe someone's jugular out. You can disagree , I dont have a problem with that. I think we are all adults on here. Good organizations  learn how to win . I'm tired of all the losing . If we go 9-8 this season ,Im not going to boo that , that means we are getting better, isn't that the whole point.

10 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Rooting for losses here. Guess in y’all’s minds I’m not a true fan either.

I am good either way. If we win out, I doubt we get very far in the playoffs, and that's if we even make it at 9-8. However, closing out the season on a big winning streak would be good to build off of, and that also means Fields balled out. That probably means they run it back.

If we lose out, it will make decisions much easier in the building AND give the team a better draft pick. HC, OC, QB will all be jettisoned.

I think the worst scenario is like going 2-3 or 3-2, with no consistency. That feels like fool's gold, and you have to reset coaching for sure if that occurs.

My dudes, it's ok to disagree, as this is clearly a very devoted and passionate group of life long fans. You can agree to disagree and argue to your heart's content that someone is right or wrong. I am wrong 50% of the time, every time!

Just please keep it civil, I am sure there are comments that push your buttons, but we all want the same thing, and at the end of the day, the route to get there may be different and/or look different than what you want or believe. That's cool. I would rather have different points of view than everyone stroking each other off all day.

So don't feel like you have to not post or neuter what you say, just keep it on the topic. I honestly learn a lot because it makes me go back and relook at stuff and a lot of times my initial judgement was wrong or didn't have all the details. 

It's ok to believe someone else is wrong, and even pointing it out, just be cool about it, life's too short to take on any additional stress or anger. 

Let's just #BearDown and get a win on Sunday! @ASHKUM BEAR will be there to see it!

2 hours ago, adam said:

My dudes, it's ok to disagree, as this is clearly a very devoted and passionate group of life long fans. You can agree to disagree and argue to your heart's content that someone is right or wrong. I am wrong 50% of the time, every time!

Just please keep it civil, I am sure there are comments that push your buttons, but we all want the same thing, and at the end of the day, the route to get there may be different and/or look different than what you want or believe. That's cool. I would rather have different points of view than everyone stroking each other off all day.

So don't feel like you have to not post or neuter what you say, just keep it on the topic. I honestly learn a lot because it makes me go back and relook at stuff and a lot of times my initial judgement was wrong or didn't have all the details. 

It's ok to believe someone else is wrong, and even pointing it out, just be cool about it, life's too short to take on any additional stress or anger. 

Let's just #BearDown and get a win on Sunday! @ASHKUM BEAR will be there to see it!

Just like you people have changed my mind on points. There is no right or wrong opinions. Its not a competition. Conversations is a healthy way to grow wisdom. Actually PHX has opened my mind to what's best for the team is an elite QB, no matter how much I want Justin to succeed.  Its about winning and I trust Poles to find what is best for the team. My question is change for change sake isnt always the best choice. BUT , the season is not over and I am hopeful. Poles is going to do what Poles wants to do, not because of my opinion. If we end up with the best option at QB, Im all in on that. 

CAR needs to lose 2 of their last 4, or go no better than 2-2 in their last 4 games to secure the 1st pick for the Bears. They have won 1 out of 13, so the odds of winning even 1 game is extremely low. 

The Bears are going to win a few more, at least two, so they will more than likely end up around pick 12, plus or minus a few.

Bears 5-12 (finish 0-4, #6 pick) - most likely based on current teams rankings
Bears 6-11 (finish 1-3, #8 pick) - most likely based on similar projections
Bears 7-10 (finish 2-2, #12/13 pick) - most likely based on recent win/loss
Bears 8-9 (finish 3-1, #16/17 pick or #7 seed) - most likely Bears thing to do, finish as the best non-playoff team
Bears 9-8  (finish 4-0, #6 or #7 seed) - most likely based on recent play

Screenshot 2023-12-10 160412.png

9 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Is it certain the Panthers will hold the tiebreaker over the Cardinals and Pats? 

Pats is too close to call and is dependent on how the non-common opponents finish. So just say CAR wins 2, that means their opponent loses 2, that will drop their SOS to .010 below NE. So NE's opponents would have to lose 3-4 more than the CAR opponents to drop their SOS under CARs (if CAR wins 2):

NE
PHI 10-3
NYJ 5-8
LVR 5-8
BUF 7-6
WAS 4-9
NYG 4-8
LAC 5-8
PIT 7-6
KC 8-5
DEN 7-6

41 games remaining

CAR
ATL 6-7
SEA 6-7
MIN 7-6
DET 9-4
HOU 7-6
CHI 5-8
TEN 4-8
TB 6-7
JAX 8-5
GB 6-6

42 games remaining

9 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If we get the second pick that is not chump change, you could still get a bunch of assets for it. Especially after the second picked QB last year turned out to be the better choice. 

The odds say the Bears have a 93% chance to get the #1 pick.

Next week with a loss, it basically becomes locked in.

1 hour ago, adam said:

The odds say the Bears have a 93% chance to get the #1 pick.

Next week with a loss, it basically becomes locked in.

Poles will get a haul for that pick. Another one in the top 10, A second this year, maybe a 4 th or 5th and another #1 next year that will be top 10. That's how you build a team.