Braxton Jones to IR is a HUGE Blow

BearFan PHX

1 hour ago, adam said:

really hope whatever needs to click, clicks. Even a loss in KC, which is expected, is fine, as long as the offense looks better and the team is competitive. The playoffs are already a longshot starting 0-2, and at 0-3 near impossible, so if you lower the expectations back to 7 wins, it looks more achievable to go 7-7 the rest of the way after 0-3. The only way they are going to get there is if Fields improves. 

Hardly anyone here predicted much better than a .500 season. Many of us were (are) hopeful they’d do better.  At any rate, things are still on course to at least make that mark of “mediocre” which unfortunately would be an improvement to last year.  And many have said, Poles included, this is a rebuild.  I agree they can’t go much lower than they have and as the old adage goes, there’s only one way to go.  

This year Poles will see if Fields is a franchise QB. There is still time to figure that out. The good thing is , if it doesnt work out we have  2 first round  picks to get a new one. 

I wish Justin well but it could easily fail and remind myself we are still early in a Poles remake of the roster.

Youre right that if Fields balls out this year, he will absolutely save himself. But right now it doesnt feel like they're still deciding, it feels like they think it aint gonna happen, and thats pretty much where i am now too.