Fire Everyone (Soon)

adam

32 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I also believe it will be EDGE.  Hopefully, he drafts the best EDGE prospect and 3T as well. 

We should come out of next year's draft with the best EDGE, 3T, and center of the class.

we definitely need Edge, that's 100%. Center is also something you can address very well in the late 2nd or early 3rd round.

we do need a dominant 3T, but we spent two high picks at DT already, and Im not even sure were gonna be a "cover 2" team next year.

but we also need another stud WR, G and safety too. Oh, and a QB! :) LOL that's job #1.

we have some good draft capital and lots of cap room to get this all done.

But to the original point that Poles will draft his long term impact players I tend to agree, and two high first rounders will bring two studs. We may also trade down, but it'd be hard to look away from Marvin Harrison Jr and a dominant Edge rusher too. Oh, and a QB :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

we definitely need Edge, that's 100%. Center is also something you can address very well in the late 2nd or early 3rd round.

we do need a dominant 3T, but we spent two high picks at DT already, and Im not even sure were gonna be a "cover 2" team next year.

but we also need another stud WR, G and safety too. Oh, and a QB! :) LOL that's job #1.

we have some good draft capital and lots of cap room to get this all done.

But to the original point that Poles will draft his long term impact players I tend to agree, and two high first rounders will bring two studs. We may also trade down, but it'd be hard to look away from Marvin Harrison Jr and a dominant Edge rusher too. Oh, and a QB :)

Hopefully Carolina doesnt win to many games, if we dont get one of the top two picks, our chances of grabbing Maye or Williams goes down. Dont know how our draft position effects if we keep Justin or not.  They may like others but think it changes how we look at  the QB position. 

7 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Hopefully Carolina doesnt win to many games, if we dont get one of the top two picks, our chances of grabbing Maye or Williams goes down. Dont know how our draft position effects if we keep Justin or not.  They may like others but think it changes how we look at  the QB position. 

for sure. i want the #1 pick, but I dont know which QB Id take.

its not sexy, but if we believe we need the #1 pick for a QB, the #3 and the #6 would do it for example.

Of course id way rather have the #1 pick naturally, and not have to use the other one too - but the reason we have them both was insurance against Fields not convincingly taking the job this year, and to be able to package them to get the next QB...

I wonder if we might not be just as happy taking a JJ McCarthy at #11 or something after a trade down.

6 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

for sure. i want the #1 pick, but I dont know which QB Id take.

its not sexy, but if we believe we need the #1 pick for a QB, the #3 and the #6 would do it for example.

Of course id way rather have the #1 pick naturally, and not have to use the other one too - but the reason we have them both was insurance against Fields not convincingly taking the job this year, and to be able to package them to get the next QB...

I wonder if we might not be just as happy taking a JJ McCarthy at #11 or something after a trade down.

There are a handful of other QBs, hard to say who they value , but the top 2 have gotten the most press. Doubt he uses both picks to move up to grab that QB, he is still in building mode. I think he would just trade back , take McCarthy , Penix or who ever shows some talent.

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

There are a handful of other QBs, hard to say who they value , but the top 2 have gotten the most press. Doubt he uses both picks to move up to grab that QB, he is still in building mode. I think he would just trade back , take McCarthy , Penix or who ever shows some talent.

I agree and will add that if we don't end up with the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft, the teams that are slotted there will most likely want a QB.  

19 minutes ago, adam said:

The Raiders weren't scared to pull the trigger. GM and coach gone. Can NFL teams stop hiring Josh Freaking McDaniels? He is terrible as a HC.

As much as we have been losers, other teams have major problems to. I think we end up winning enough games that there will not be an in year firing.

Now David Walker, the RB coach is fired, by HR? What the hell is going on in Halas Hall? Someone in a leadership position needs to be held accountable. Flus needs to go, Kevin Warren can't just sit idle while the entire franchise melts in front of him.

Can you imagine how Montez Sweat feels about joining this professional clown show.

At least the Bears lead the league in something, the most asst. coaches fired in a season.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Now David Walker, the RB coach is fired, by HR? What the hell is going on in Halas Hall? Someone in a leadership position needs to be held accountable. Flus needs to go, Kevin Warren can't just sit idle while the entire franchise melts in front of him.

Can you imagine how Montez Sweat feels about joining this professional clown show.

At least the Bears lead the league in something, the most asst. coaches fired in a season.

Its very odd having 2 coaches fired in season. I wonder if they are related to the same situation. Dont see Flus being our coach next year just by the disfunction of the coaches he hired. Will have to say that this year has lots of story lines making this season interesting. Not all good thou.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 8:14 AM, adam said:

This franchise is done. The GM assembled the worst roster in the NFL.

Changes need to be made, but there is no point doing it now, but they need to make changes after the TNF loss to WAS in 2 weeks. They will have 3 extra days for a new staff to figure something out. 

Coaches are the laughingstocks of the league. Flus is a defensive coach that has coached the worst defensive team in the NFL for over 20 games. Getsy can't scheme himself out of a paper bag. 

Players are clowns. Fields still missing open receivers and taking sacks. He is just not it. How many more games do you need to see him do the same exact thing. Teams know exactly how to defend Fields, keep him in the pocket, make him throw to the middle of the field on timing routes, something he cannot do. WRs dropping balls that hit them in their hands, unacceptable. 

The defense played the softest zone I have ever seen. 3 receivers open on every play. Brisker celebrating an incompletion down by 40. $60M invested in LBs and we can't stop the run. 

They need to start thinking firesale now, don't make any of the trade bait players look worse. Try to find trading partners for Mooney, Claypool, Herbert, Foreman, Whitehair, Johnson, Jackson .

Two months later, and we are dealing with the same stuff. I keep flip flopping on Poles, but the more I think about it, do we really want him picking or dealing with 2x top 5 picks? The same guy that drafted Velus Jones, went with Brisker and Gordon instead of building the trenches first. Passed on Jalen Carter for Wright. Traded Mack and Roquan ($49M cap hit in 2024) only to sign Edmunds and Sweat ($47M cap hit in 2024). For $2M more, I would rather have Mack and Roquan. Poles continually stuck with an inferior OLine even though he needed to evaluate Fields (2023 was a waste of time). He drafts a guy like Scott who is a Mooney clone, neither can make a contested catch to save their lives. 

On the roster, it feels like way too many guys are overrated. On tape, the best player on defense is Jack Sanborn and they don't play him every down.

Flus is arguably the worst Head Coach in franchise history (W/L wise he is), and one of the worst coaches to coach deep into a 2nd season ever. Name a single positive thing he has done? Then as a DC, we praise some pressure because the Bears were so historically low that any seems like a lot. All he knows how to do is play soft zones, which eventually stop working (like every game).

Getsy can only coach with scripted plays. Once those are done, it's game over.  The offense goes away from what works, then says the defense dictated that. How do you go from all that motion and redirects to straight drop back passes leaving the OLine and Fields on islands in known passing downs? He is probably the most predictable play caller in the NFL. Instead of running Herbert into a wall of 10 defenders with 7 blockers, how about play action there buddy?

btw, has everyone seen enough? Two months later and it is literally the same song and dance. Nothing has changed except the opponent and date. OCT 1st, 31-28 loss to Denver, they had a 28-7 lead with 20 seconds remaining in the 3rd quarter and lost 31-28. The game was tied 28-28, and instead of kicking a FG to take the lead, they go for it on 4th and 1 in that game and don't make it. Logically, you want any lead over a tie in that situation.

Then fast forward to yesterday, and with a 9 pt lead, you kick a FG on 4th and 1 to go up by 12, which still makes it a 2 score game. At worst, going for it on 4th down would've left DET at the 28, so field position was a wash. So the better option is to go for it there because if you get it, you can still kick a FG, but get to burn another 2 mins off the clock at a minimum, or force DET to use all their timeouts.  Another crazy thing, if you go for it and don't make it, now Detroit is only down by 9, so if they score that first TD, that would change their game plan considerably on the next drive (only needing 3 to win vs a TD). 

Flus/Getsy literally did the opposite of what you should do in those situations, and both times failed and lost. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Two months later, and we are dealing with the same stuff. I keep flip flopping on Poles, but the more I think about it, do we really want him picking or dealing with 2x top 5 picks? The same guy that drafted Velus Jones, went with Brisker and Gordon instead of building the trenches first. Passed on Jalen Carter for Wright. Traded Mack and Roquan ($49M cap hit in 2024) only to sign Edmunds and Sweat ($47M cap hit in 2024). For $2M more, I would rather have Mack and Roquan. Poles continually stuck with an inferior OLine even though he needed to evaluate Fields (2023 was a waste of time). He drafts a guy like Scott who is a Mooney clone, neither can make a contested catch to save their lives. 

On the roster, it feels like way too many guys are overrated. On tape, the best player on defense is Jack Sanborn and they don't play him every down.

Flus is arguably the worst Head Coach in franchise history (W/L wise he is), and one of the worst coaches to coach deep into a 2nd season ever. Name a single positive thing he has done? Then as a DC, we praise some pressure because the Bears were so historically low that any seems like a lot. All he knows how to do is play soft zones, which eventually stop working (like every game).

Getsy can only coach with scripted plays. Once those are done, it's game over.  The offense goes away from what works, then says the defense dictated that. How do you go from all that motion and redirects to straight drop back passes leaving the OLine and Fields on islands in known passing downs? He is probably the most predictable play caller in the NFL. Instead of running Herbert into a wall of 10 defenders with 7 blockers, how about play action there buddy?

I agree with most of what you said but I  think Poles is doing a good job. Yes he has made mistakes, the biggest one is choosing Flus or probably Getsy. We dominated a good team yesterday until 5:06 left in the game. The coaches let us down. On the TD pass to St Brown, our 2 vets in the cover 2 blew the coverage. JJ and Jackson. I think they will both be gone next year. You have to finish games. If Campbell was coaching that team, we would have easily won that game.